• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 August 2013 - 12:02 PM

Affleck also confirmed to help with script writing and has signed a multi-movie deal; he will be Batman for the subsequent sequels.

Check it

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#22 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 09:30 PM

Him being young doesn't excuse his blatant disregard for human life. It just doesn't.

Actually, Zac Snyder's recent comments echo with what Dion said. He explained that Clark's actions in MoS were due TO his relativly young age, and his actions are key to his character growth in the sequel.

Not really. His signature ideals are not something he develops after killing millions of people. They're something he decides he should do pretty much immediately after he starts helping people. Superman *never* destroys Metropolis of his own accord. It's not a "oh he's young cut him some slack" it's "HE IS SUPERMAN THIS IS NOT HOW SUPERMAN IS IN ANY CONTINUITY EVER (aside from dark alt ones where he's a villain or anti-hero I guess)." And that's a problem. It's the same issue I take with characterization of most of the X-Men characters. Their personalities, behavior, etc simply do not draw from the source material even a little bit, making them the same characters in name only, which makes me THOROUGHLY upset. Superman solving his problems with murder makes me more upset than Scott being murdered in X3. How's that for something.

Superman NEVER kills people. NEVER. That's not "usually... but if the best solution is killing, then......." In those situations, you know what Superman does? Superman says "No. Killing is wrong. Murdering my opponents makes me no better than them. As a representation of the best of humanity, I will not kill." So he makes the "dumb" decision and locks the villain up, because it's the right thing to do. Everyone deserves a second chance. It's not Superman's place to decide who lives and who dies. And that is core to his character. It's a substantial character flaw. The fact that he will often eschew the best solution to maintain his moral goodness is a fundamental flaw in Superman's character which causes immense amounts of inner turmoil. :I But it's Hollywood. And it's men stories for men. Kill the bad guy, get the girl. Yay big budget blockbusters. Woo. Enthusiasm.

This convinces me you've never read a Superman comic before. Pretty much everyhing you said is true.... Except you described Batman. Superman does not have a "no killing" rule. That's a huge myth among the pop culture. Batman is the one with the strict "no killing" rule. Batman would be breaking his moral code if he killed someone. Superman does not have a moral code as strict as Batman's when it comes to killing. Yes, Superman does not believe killing is the best solution, but he WILL kill as a last resort. Superman has killed people before. In the comic books. In the main DC continuity. He killed Zod in the John Bryne-era of Superman comics. Yes, he questioned his powers after doing so but he also realized that he could not let someone as evil and as powerful as Zod roam free on Earth. He killed the Modern Age Russian Zod (albeit that Zod brought his death upon himself), and he killed Terrance Stamp's Zod in Superman II. He also killed Doomsday. And he's killed a number of villains during the golden age era. Yes, he's never killed normal human beings, because he believes in humanity and humanity would forever hate him if he killed a normal human being (see: Wonder Woman), and killing a normal human being would go against his mantra of "truth, justice, and the American way." But he HAS killed villains before.

Also, it was Zod and his followers that caused the majority of the damage in Metropolis and Smallville, mainly with their use of the World Engine. And as I said ealier, Zack Snyder spoke out and said that Clark's actions will be a learning curve for him in the sequel and will probably lead him (and others) to question his powers (which he has done many times before in the comics after huge scale battles). But I'm pretty sure if you read any comic book with a huge scale battle such as the one in MoS, there will be billions of dollars worth of damage and many human lives lost at both the hands of the heroes and villains.

Anyways, WB has registered some domain names for the Superman vs. Batman movie and, well....they all really suck.

Man of Steel: Battle the Knight

Man of Steel: Beyond Darkness

Man of Steel: Black of Knight

Man of Steel: Darkness Falls

Man of Steel: Knight Falls

Man of Steel: Shadow of the Night

Man of Steel: The Blackest Hour

Man of Steel: The Darkness Within

They're all just really really terrible. And they all make Batman sound like a villain. Superman vs. Batman is what they need to stick with. Or Batman vs. Superman. Whichever.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 29 November 2013 - 12:36 AM.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#23 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 November 2013 - 10:48 PM

Anything with Vs. in it kinda brings up bad memories(Aliens vs. Predators).  

Finding a name that's epic enough for a battle between the biggest heroes is kinda hard tho.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#24 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:27 PM

Wonder Woman will be brought to life on the big screen by Gal Gadot. It is confirmed that she will appear in Superman vs. Batman. In which context, though, remains to be seen.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#25 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 07 January 2014 - 02:10 PM

Sorry for the double post.

Got some good news....

Chris Terrio, the guy who wrote Argo and won an Academy Award for it, has been hired to rewrite the script for "Superman vs. Batman" or whatever the hell this is called. I like this move. A lot. Makes me just a bit more confident in this film....

...But then that confidence gets shot down by this: http://io9.com/the-r...e-yo-1495695994

This is just pure speculation, but according to Batman-On-Film.com, Wonder Woman and her fellow Amazonians in the DC film universe will be the "descendants" of ancient Kryptonians in that colonized other planets. This is just...really stupid. Not only would it COMPLETELY rewrite Wonder Woman's origins, but it would make her gallery of rogues completely thin. Her biggest enemy would be Cheetah :/

Oh wait.....

#26 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 06:58 PM

http://i.imgur.com/3hRU6px.jpg

Just leaving this here

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#27 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:04 PM

Okay, so, I actually really like the look they are giving him. Why? It makes him look more menacing and just scary and such. He doesn't look like just some guy in a suit... he looks like he'd cripple your ass.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 May 2014 - 07:14 PM

It's drawing clearly from Miller's TDKR . I could not ask for anything more. I am legitimately pumped to see Bats return to the big screen

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#29 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 April 2015 - 07:08 PM

So uh. This.

Batfleck seems like it could just end up working out. Dat line at the end tho. Not saying I'm a little hyped, but I'm a little hyped.

Asking for name change to "Batman vs Superman: Dawn of Justice" pl0x

Edited by Dion, 17 April 2015 - 07:09 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#30 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 April 2015 - 01:29 PM

Eh. Just. Eh.

147.png

#31 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 19 April 2015 - 12:26 AM

What did Val go through to refine his taste for [superhero] media?

Edited by Waker, 19 April 2015 - 12:26 AM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#32 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 11:18 AM

he's a marvel buff. he's not about that DC hero worship theme, from what I recall. Or was that Iggy? Not sure.

In any case, I'm pretty hyped about this because it looks like the themes they are trying to touch are pretty awesome. After the destruction of Metropolis, some people see Supes as a menace and some revere him as a god because he saved everyone from Zod. 

I feel like Hero Worship in the DC comics makes a lot more sense in the marvel universe because in Marvel, they have established terms for people with these types of powers - mutants and what not. In DC, genetic variety is not a thing. Most heroes and villains that aren't from outer space or from beneath the sea are very much grounded in reality - which is something I love about the DC verse.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#33 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 April 2015 - 08:59 PM

I feel the same way as Val.

Now don't get me wrong, I do like the "Superman. Good or bad?" But, really the dark and gritty stuff is getting played out for me when it comes to DC characters.

I know, I know. Marvel is very comedy-oriented and colorful (except Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD), but at the same time each of their movies feels like their own, not just a spin off or whatever. I don't need to dive too deep into this but they all jump over into different territories and genres. 

What I do like, or might like, is the DCCU focusing more on the idea of "superheroes" than "super powered characters." The MCU doesn't really have superheroes. They have super powered characters who fight for good. Most of their characters don't have a set ideal or mantra that they stand for (save for Captain America). DCCU seems to have that as their main thing going. That's what BvS seems like it's focusing on.

I also don't like the robo-Batman but I'm guessing that's his "Hulkbuster" (lol). Wonder if he built it using Kryptonian tech... 

Also fuck DCCU for possibly killing off Dick Grayson (there's a pic flying around of a tombstone with RIP Richard Grayson). 

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#34 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 12:48 AM

I feel the same way as Val.

Now don't get me wrong, I do like the "Superman. Good or bad?" But, really the dark and gritty stuff is getting played out for me when it comes to DC characters.

I know, I know. Marvel is very comedy-oriented and colorful (except Daredevil and Agents of SHIELD), but at the same time each of their movies feels like their own, not just a spin off or whatever. I don't need to dive too deep into this but they all jump over into different territories and genres. 

What I do like, or might like, is the DCCU focusing more on the idea of "superheroes" than "super powered characters." The MCU doesn't really have superheroes. They have super powered characters who fight for good. Most of their characters don't have a set ideal or mantra that they stand for (save for Captain America). DCCU seems to have that as their main thing going. That's what BvS seems like it's focusing on.

I also don't like the robo-Batman but I'm guessing that's his "Hulkbuster" (lol). Wonder if he built it using Kryptonian tech... 

Also fuck DCCU for possibly killing off Dick Grayson (there's a pic flying around of a tombstone with RIP Richard Grayson). 

Spoken like a true person who hasn't read Miller's Dark Knight Returns. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#35 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 April 2015 - 02:18 PM

Why should I have to read that comic to care about a movie?

I wouldn't say my taste is refined, I just don't dig the garbage DC is throwing into movie theatres lately. I watch Flash and Arrow on the regular so it's not like I hate DC properties. I just don't like the grimdark atmosphere and the bulky Batman suit. I don't like that it seems like they're re-introducing the Batman character when you already have a shitty one made up in Christian Bale. Why make a new shitty Batman? Why would your second film with Superman in it be about how awesome Batman is and how terrible Superman is? Why tease Wonder Woman and not put her in a trailer? Then again I guess it's a teaser so that's fine.

I'd rather just skip to the Suicide Squad movie coming out so I can laugh at how garbage it is and how bad the actors they casted are and then we can all roll our eyes at the Justice League movie when it's grimdark and black and white and people are angsting at each other every scene.

They have no idea how to make a fun superhero movie. The last time they tried was Green Lantern, and look how good that turned out.

BASICALLY I see this movie as a just giant cash grab by DC trying to profit off of having Batman and Superman in the title and the idea being that they'll fight, which they won't do for very long, and I don't see a compelling story in the teaser! I just don't! We know Superman is a good guy, we know Batman is a good guy, so where is the tension? Seeing how they kiss and make up? Pass.

147.png

#36 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 25 April 2015 - 12:15 AM

Honestly, being the biggest Batman fan on this forum, I have to say....

I'm VERY cautiously optimistic about this movie. I dig the new look for Batman, I dig the "Superman: Hero or Enemy" plot point. But...I'm just really not digging the super apparent dark and grittiness of this movie. I realize that DC comic books tend to be much darker than Marvel comics, I get that. But at the same time I just want to see just one FUN DC film, and I feel like we probably won't be getting that with any of the movies on their upcoming slate (except maybe with The Flash). Give us brighter colors. Give us comedic relief that actually works. Let's not Nolan-ize every single fucking film.

I will still see this on opening night wearting my Batman shirt or hoodie (depending on the weather).

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 25 April 2015 - 12:16 AM.

Oh wait.....

#37 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 May 2015 - 09:49 AM

Seeing the trailer before AoU made me very conflicted.

I hate the atmosphere. I hate the Batman design. I hate that this Batman is literally reskinned from the trash party that was the Dark Knight trilogy. I hate the murderer Superman they created with Man of Steel.

But I like the thematic setting for Superman in the movie, kinda. The "God Among Us" sort of thing - people calling him a false god - Superman grappling with how much power he has and how best to handle that among the people ----

But why the fuck is Batman there?

Feels cheap. Makes me not care. It's a shoehorned effort to re-inject Batman into their new rebooted universe. But it's too damned dark and gritty for me to give a flying fuck. They're like purposely skipping ALL OF THE FUN in the Justice League in favor of continuously shoving the BAD BOYS down our throats like give me a break. I'm way more hyped for Ant-Man, and I never thought I would say that.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#38 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:15 PM

God this just invalidates everything the Dantoni brothers have been spouting. I love it.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#39 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 July 2015 - 10:33 PM

double post but who gives a duck.

So uh. In Snyder we trust?

PVuS4tr.png

8TNRgyu.png

So many allusions to The Dark Knight Returns it's pretty ridiculous. I whole heartedly trust this will be epic >_<

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#40 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2015 - 11:11 AM

See. The thing is, I like the concept of Dark Knight Returns, I never watched it though, but I feel like if we're establishing a Universe... Old and grizzled Batman isn't the way to go. Not to say I won't see it. I probably will... but I feel like this is all wrong.