Photo
- - - - -

Situation in Syria

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Poll: Syria (2 member(s) have cast votes)

What should the US do about Syria?

1. Stay out of it (2 votes [100.00%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 100.00%

2. Send in troops (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

3. Launch a missile strike (0 votes [0.00%])

4. Give Aid to the rebels (0 votes [0.00%])

5. Let another country do it (0 votes [0.00%])

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

As I'm sure most of you are already aware of whats been going on with Syria right now, I'd like to ask the folks at KG what your thoughts are on the matter.

Do you think anything should be done to the Syrian Government for their attack? Do you think the united states should intervene in the issue at all? Should we send the missile strikes or even send weapons to the rebels?

I'd like to hear what all of you say on this and get your thoughts on the whole ordeal.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:44 AM

I feel you guys are in one of those "Damned if you do, damned if you don't" situations. If you don't intervene, the world will ask where the West was (the US in particular) and why didn't the help out. If you do, however, the rest of the world's gonna do the whole "You're not the world police" thing.

But as far as I know, helping out rebels hasn't really worked out so far in the past few decades. The overtaking regime might be worst than the current one, with Egypt being the most recent example.

DHHIpKN.png

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:52 AM

I agree with what you've said 100%. If we do something, we'll get shit for it. Especially from our own people. If we don't do anything, other countries will complain that we didn't help out and we'd possibly have our own people saying the same thing if something even more terrible then the gas attack happens.

I dont support giving the rebels anything either. Just as you said, Look at Egypt, they got their uprising, they got their president, but shortly after, they want him tossed and do so again. Sure he was connected with the Muslim Brotherhood and what not but... still.

I still think something has to be done about Syria. If they don't do another attack that hits civilians, then fine. Don't bother with them. If they do something like this again and kill more then just the rebels they are fighting, thats no better then Hitler gassing the Jews in my eyes.

The biggest thing that bothers me with this is that Russia is already up in arms and warning us to not go in there. They already didn't help us with Snowden, which I don't really care too much about personally, but the fact of the matter still remains that it seems our relations with them is going down the drain incredibly fast. And it wasnt that good to start with either.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:03 AM

Russia has the most to lose here if the US invades Syria, what with their only Mediterranean port located there. You don't want to give up such a strategic point from a political and military view, and in the end, that's what really matters to Putin. I doubt he cares for the Syrian people as much as he would for Russia's well-being. As far as I recall, the Syrian government has pretty good ties with Russia as well.

So yeah. Obama might be overstepping quite a few boundaries here and I don't think Vlad Putin will let this go easily.

DHHIpKN.png

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:07 AM

Putin actually worries me with this. I can easily see him trying to start something if the US gets involved early on in this, or even at all for that matter. I'd rather not have a while new Cold War start all over again. But with how things seem to be spiraling out of order lately, it just seems inevitable that two or more 'super powers' are gonna have at it again. And no one is going to be the winner from that.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 01:47 AM

Can they just get the leaders of the opposing groups to sit down and talk with each other? B/C seriously, if we try to step in we'll get shit regardless. I don't know if a "Cold War" would still be a possible thing since Nuclear-Warfare is a silly thought and would be widely opposed by both the people of the countries and outside countries. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#7 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 01 September 2013 - 09:54 AM

I'm all for us staying to ourselves. Not that I'm too learned in the situation or anything, I just share the sentiment that we ain't the world police. Plus, we got problems of our own to worry about first. Even if we did do something anyways, I think public opinion on it here would be pretty divided; lotta people I know these days are pretty uncertain in our overseas policies. I'd sooner worry about the people this government is based on than other powers. 

Well, that...and the East is kind of known for being covered in blood. Sometimes you gotta let things run their course. Either way, I'd just prefer we refrain from involvement as much as we can. There isn't really much to benefit from this venture.

2j87ib.jpg

#8 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 02 September 2013 - 03:01 AM

Intervention is going to lead to World War 3. And cost another billion dollars. It's a small country. The US government is supposed to be representing and serving their own people. Why are Americans always worried about what the people in every single other countries are doing? Some countries don't even know everything about world politics and would consider anyone butting in their situation as strangers and it'd be horror if they see those strangers kill their own people, especially if they don't know what side this other government is playing on.

And I hate how the mainstream media is provoking Americans into supporting intervention.

Edited by Waker, 02 September 2013 - 05:35 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#9 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 05:39 PM

I think a large group of Americans don't care that much since we know what will happen either way...except World War 3...How would this lead to WW3? You been sniffing around 4 Chan again?

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺