Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:40 AM

So.....

Speculations?

Some interesting things to note about the trailer:

• It looks like we get an anti-hero as a protag. A phantom thief of sorts, from the looks of it. Pretty cool.
  • He seems like the first Persona protag to have a somewhat already established character. From the cutscenes, he seems to have his own personality.
  • He seems to be imprisoned in the Velvet room. This ties back into the "You are a slave. Want emancipation?" line from their early promos.
  • The velvet room has two assistants to Igor. From my understanding, the assistant in the Velvet room is different for everyone - perhaps a conjuration of their subconscious. Something something duality?
  • The Characters are named as follows: Ryuji Sakamoto (Blonde boy) , Anne Takamaki (Blonde girl) and Morgana (the Cat)
  • Morgana is rumored to play an important role in the story with a connection to the seven deadly sins.
  • The protag's shadow is a fucking badasssssss.

SO MUCH TO PROCESS.

SO MUCH HYPE.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#22 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:38 AM

No Mitsuru. Can't seem to care.

But all I take away from the trailer really is that protag and friends are probably a group of thieve-like people, or superheroes. I guess those are the only two sorts that would wear masks. Anyway, maybe the protag gets caught -> jailed and there's a doorway out of his cell into the Velvet Room, which is its own sort of prison.

147.png

#23 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:46 AM

Nah bro. He's definitely stuck in the velvet room

75e6cb3e7cb7b0b323572862a939af8a.png

80d3816971079454439e02886ee9df3d.png

Assistants standing right in front of him. Plus the color gives it away.

Early talks were about how Persona 5 is a game about people that have mundane, boring lives and have grown tired of them. Maybe Igor imprisons the protag and acts as a sort of catalyst to his transformation from a normal high school student to The Phantom. Igor has served as the means by which all Persona games' stories begin to take shape. He doesn't seem like he's that important of a character, but it is by his giving the protag the ability to manifest their Persona that the events of any of the games begin to unfold. Persona 3 is kind of an exception to this (because Minato is a badass).

EDIT://OH SHIT THAT ACTUALLY MAKES SENSE.

The characters are slaves to their day to day, boring lives. O: 

ALSO

There's the possibility that the Velvet room appears as a prison to the protag in 5.

You (val) might not know this, but each protag has seen the Velvet Room differently. It appears as an Elevator in P3, a Limo in P4 and as a Lounge in P2. I'm not sure what the symbolism behind that is, but maybe it just appears as a prison cell to P5 Protag. I wouldn't even be surprised, since a lot of people are speculating the group of heroes are thieves. 

Director confirmation also says the protag's hero/thief name is "The Phantom". Still can go either way but I hope they're thieves so hard.

Edited by Dion, 11 February 2015 - 12:00 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#24 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 11 February 2015 - 07:42 PM

Two years and barely two pages? I'm a sad panda meow...says the purrson only posting now. FFXIV and unfinished RPs were becoming this site's most shined on features.

-x-

As Didi said, the shape of the Velvet Room, it varies to each protag and their fate...whatever P5's cast is (I like the idea of them being thieves), I feel silly saying I agree with Dion concerning them feeling like "slaves" in everyday life, but it seems to be all there to me. Unorthodox character occupations in contrast to the typical 'high school student fighting for justice' profile, the Velvet Room being a jail, the protag's moniker as "The Phantom".

Phantoms are known for how they slip in and out of tangibility, in the same way that some people never leave a mark on society that is really noticed. It seems fitting in this context. As for the band of (anti)heroes possibly being thieves, there's the impact that would make them more than fleeting in the minds of other people, at least for the present.

Can't really comment on there being two attendants in the Velvet Room, though...P3 and P4 always had one attendant, and only the protag with the power of the wild card could enter the room (at least to my knowledge). Hell, Minato and Aigis both knew Elizabeth.

2j87ib.jpg

#25 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 11:14 AM

In a recent thing from Persona 5, the name of the school is also a play on the word for prison as well. So the slavery/jailed/whatever themes go a bit deeper than the Velvet Underground.

In P3 at least you can take Elizabeth out on "dates" where she interacts with people. It's not like she isn't a tangible, real thing. Almost said person, but that's something I can't prove.

147.png

#26 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 12 February 2015 - 08:30 PM

Yeah, I fixed my comment after remembering that, I had the normal P3 for a while where you don't do dates like that and forgot P4A was canon for a bit. So the attendants are tangible, but I can't really say anything about them otherwise. Aside from the yellow eyes being uncomfortably reminiscent of a Shadow...but therein lies another mystery.

2j87ib.jpg

#27 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:13 PM

I finished Persona 3. I am officially dead inside. Where is Mitsuru-senpai? We need to go take that motorcycle ride.

147.png

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 12:25 AM

now play persona 4 so you can be dead-er

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 February 2015 - 01:33 AM

Pleaseno ;-;

147.png

#30 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 24 June 2015 - 06:09 PM

https://vid.me/GgDR

Leaked trailer for P5.

hnnnggg. I need a doctor. Something something erection lasting 4 hours.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#31 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:11 PM

Delayed to Summer 2016

only tears. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#32 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:56 PM

Figured this, there hasnt been a single talk about a release date. Only, we're working on it, its coming west, blah blah blah. =/ Well, 2016 is gonna be packed with games then...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#33 Yuko

Yuko

Page

• Page
  • 89 posts
  • Casket of Stars. ✰

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:16 PM

I'd rather a game not be rushed really. I kinda expected this, but so far it's coming along well apparently.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

#34 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 12:36 PM

Yeah, it looks really incredible and I definitely agree with not wanting a rushed game

Doesnt mean Im not sad. someone hold me ;-;

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg