36 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:44 AM

New trailer was just released. 

Looks cool. Not liking what they're doing with Oscorp or Harry Osbourne. Idk. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 December 2013 - 04:02 PM

nah, looks awesome. much trailer. so spider. wow.

147.png

#3 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:01 PM

http://www.knightly-...an-film-series/ <--- Merge with old thread, someone.

But OMFG SOME MUCH EPICNESS IN ONE GODDAMN TRAILER!!!

Did anyone catch all the Venom and Sinister Six hints? OMG. I love what they are doing with the franchise.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 06:24 PM

Is no one worried that they're doing the same thing they did with Spider-Man 3? Ya know? With 3 villains?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 09:24 PM

Not really because the problem with Spidey 3 was that Venom Sandman and New Gobiln/Harry had their individual stories cluttered. In ASM2, Electro, Rhino, and Green Goblin all have OsCorp in common. They aren't going to spend nowhere near as much time as Spidey 3 did on the individual lives of the villains. The main focus of ASM2 (as well as the entire trilogy) is OsCorp and their experiments. The 3 villains in here are more than likely just distractions while they set up for something even bigger (Sinister Six/Venom symbiote)

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

http://www.knightly-...an-film-series/ <--- Merge with old thread, someone.

But OMFG SOME MUCH EPICNESS IN ONE GODDAMN TRAILER!!!

Did anyone catch all the Venom and Sinister Six hints? OMG. I love what they are doing with the franchise.

Venom? No. Sinister Six? Yes. I know there's a Venom hint, but it's an old one.

Is no one worried that they're doing the same thing they did with Spider-Man 3? Ya know? With 3 villains?

No

Not really because the problem with Spidey 3 was that Venom Sandman and New Gobiln/Harry had their individual stories cluttered. In ASM2, Electro, Rhino, and Green Goblin all have OsCorp in common. They aren't going to spend nowhere near as much time as Spidey 3 did on the individual lives of the villains. The main focus of ASM2 (as well as the entire trilogy) is OsCorp and their experiments. The 3 villains in here are more than likely just distractions while they set up for something even bigger (Sinister Six/Venom symbiote)

More like Spidey 3 had shitawful writing. Raimi didn't want Venom in and CLEARLY shoehorned him in. The thing is that three villains can't compete for screen time. And they won't. Foxx clearly has top billing and second most screen time in the trailer. Rhino is a bit character (obviously) and the Goblin is likely gonna be a lead in to ASM3.

Rhino is a bit character because the one shot we've seen of Giamatti so far is a small one. Then you see epic rhino suit. Before and after. Clearly. Electro is a part of the Oscorpness, clearly, and things are just gonna get ramped up more. This is rising action. I'm pretty pumped.

147.png

#7 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 05 December 2013 - 10:57 PM

Venom? No. Sinister Six? Yes. I know there's a Venom hint, but it's an old one.

Right, forgot about that pic Marc Webb tweeted that hinted a Venom a few months back.

And yeah, Jamie Foxx is more than likely going to have the most screen time out of the 3 villains seen in the trailer. In fact, I think it was stated over the summer (by Paul Giamatti I think) that Rhino would not have much screen time in the film. At one point I believe it was stated he might not even appear in the Rhino suit. But clearly that has been dispelled by the trailer.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 05 December 2013 - 10:58 PM.

Oh wait.....

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 06 December 2013 - 01:52 AM

Dat. Rhino. Suit.

I really want to see the Scorpion. I thought he would be a -perfect- character to bring in naturally from the conclusion of Doc Connors in the first. A hit-man hired to take out Spidey. Perfect. I'm hoping that they follow through with the Sinister 6 (assuming this movie is good [lol who am i kidding of course it will be])

Original Sinister Six should be Rhino, Electro, Mysterio, Sandman, Vulture, and Doc Ock.

So close.

147.png

#9 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

Supposedly there's a hint of Shocker in the trailer as well. And am I the only one who feels the mysterious dude in the hat from the end of ASM1 and in the trailer is Mysterio?

Oh wait.....

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 07 December 2013 - 04:09 PM

http://www.starburst...der-man-2-viral

If so, we're definitely seeing a Sinister Six. It's pretty much definite. Guarantee they're gonna name drop it or it'll be a post-roll little teaser in ASM2

147.png

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 11:22 AM

http://www.ign.com/a...source=facebook

Is this really necessary

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#12 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 December 2013 - 12:48 PM

I don't even see how a movie with them as the protagonist could work...

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#13 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 08:23 AM

The series is going to get milked and go down the gutter.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#14 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 12:51 PM

Like a cow prostituting on the boulevard. 

----

That's the issue with all non-Marvel owners of Marvel cinematic property...They want to build a big franchise like the MCU but they lack some capability to do so.

While Spider-Man is a major character, Sony only has rights to those people in Spider-Man's collective. What? They can focus on Black Cat, Alpha, Venom, and Carnage and that's about it as far as protagonists go. They'd have to build up new lore which I'm not really against but it'll be much harder to sell to the audience than a story based on an already known character or plot.

And then there's Fox and their bitch assness. They have what I could consider 1/3 of the Marvel Comics' Multiverse in the X-Men property BUT lack the cohesiveness so far to get things done properly :I. Now there's talks of X-Force, Apocalypse, etc but we're still waiting to see if the cohesiveness works(and if you base assumptions already off of the First Class film, you would assume that it's going down the shit hole despite the revival attempt).

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#15 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 December 2013 - 03:04 PM

http://www.ign.com/a...source=facebook

Is this really necessary

A Sinister Six spinoff would be kinda unnecessary, yeah. But the Venom spinoff has been in the works since the original Spidey film trilogy with Venom being an anti-hero of sorts and Carnage being the villain.

Oh wait.....

#16 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 December 2013 - 11:08 AM

he said, one film into the series

147.png

#17 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 22 December 2013 - 07:16 PM

he said, one film into the series

Well the second one looks pretty not good. then they have the venom and sinister six spin offs. I just don't see the point of it, especially since Parker doesnt even work for the bugle yet and has no way of meeting Brock. Unless theyre gonna do the whole Richard and Eddie's dad were together on symbiote for Oscorp - but its kinda late to pull the Ultimate Spidey timeline. Meh.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#18 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:33 AM

Well the second one looks pretty not good. then they have the venom and sinister six spin offs. I just don't see the point of it, especially since Parker doesnt even work for the bugle yet and has no way of meeting Brock. Unless theyre gonna do the whole Richard and Eddie's dad were together on symbiote for Oscorp - but its kinda late to pull the Ultimate Spidey timeline. Meh.

>one film into the series

>kinda late for anything

I think you're really not thinking well about this at all. The first film opens a lot of doors which they seem to be taking advantage of in ASM2. We'll see where it goes from here, but I'm fairly certain your issues with Brock not having an in into the series are unfounded. They have so much potential with how wide-open they left things currently that it would be incredibly easy to weasel him in in some other way.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#19 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 23 December 2013 - 08:54 PM

You're basing that off one trailer? C'mon Dion. And they're only one film in, so it isn't too late for anything. Also, they do not necessarily need Eddie Brock in order to bring Venom into the story. (see: Ultimate Spider-Man TV show)

Oh wait.....

#20 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 May 2014 - 02:31 PM

So um...I hate to say I told you guys so but....

I FUCKING TOLD YOU SO.

ASM2 was pretty good. It kinda suffers from the same problems as SM3, tho.

Oh wait.....