17 replies to this topic

#1 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 10:35 PM

Lightning and thunder fill the skies as rain torrents unto the ground of the famed city of heroes. The streets of old, abandoned seaport district was drowned in the wailing of emergency sirens as a hostage crisis took place in a fenced off warehouse. Normally, this would have been a job for the the police department's emergency response teams however the mastermind behind the crisis was the supervillain Memory Master of The Anti-Earth Legion. Though few knew about his appearance, the psychic supervillain was infamous for his manipulation of others' memories, among many other psychokinetic powers. It was only a few months ago that a group of superheroes had stopped Memory Master's plan to mind control the Secretary General of NATO and place the ambitious anarchist's goons in a maximum security prison facility. He had eluded his arrest then and now he is back with an even more mysterious plan.

Memory Master's sphere of influence reached just short of the fence's perimeter, allowing the emergency response team to survey and observe the area. The hostage count was at least twelve, with three of them being part of the initial response unit. The police department commissioner couldn't risk anymore casualties so it was time to contact the one hero who's mental faculties could withstand Memory Master's hold. Reaching for an unmarked phone-like communicator in his pockets, the commissioner was able to signal for The Ultimate - Paragon!

"Paragon, we need you to stop Memory Master over at these coordinates. He has captured various civilians and some of my officers! We have the area secured but no one's getting near that building without getting mind sapped!" It would only be a matter of time before Paragon would get to the scene, but Memory Master was more than prepared for his arrival.

DHHIpKN.png

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:00 PM

The red and silver wrapped hero came floating down on the response team. Arms folded and cape dangling in the wind, he presented himself with charisma and confidence. He had all of the little makings that made him a hero in the public's eyes. He touched down upon one of the emergency response team's vans. Even the police admired him enough to look on in awe.

"Rest assured that I'll deal with this menace and get your people back safely."

He jumped down from the vehicle and began storming his way through the front end. 

There's no need for me to try stealth. He knows I'm coming. And more than likely he can read my mind. Passing the fence he smirked under his mask and tapped into his ear piece.

"Hey Wisp. Don't cancel our dinner. This guy won't take me long." 

If such a man had the abilities to melt minds then surely you can read my thoughts.

Axel pushed the front door open slowly with an opening gesture of his hands. He didn't actually need to perform those gestures but it helps him focus. That's been the case since he mastered his powers at the academy. 

He would walk in slowly but confidently, scanning the area.

"What do you want with these people? I'll give you this. You let these people go and duke it out with me. If I lose, I'll be your hostage. Sounds like a fair deal?" 

Edited by Kingroy, 03 April 2014 - 11:01 PM.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:10 PM

"Ah, Paragon. So naive to the glorious war at hand." A searchlight was then shined on to Paragon from an elevated platform. Behind the light was a figure whose face was hidden by a hood and body hidden by tattered cloth. The light was slowly moved from Paragon to the center of the main floor, where a circle of civilians were tied up to chairs. "If you think you are more valuable to than the people here at hand, then I suggest you take a crash course on humility. In fact, I'll help you do so right now!"

The figure behind the searchlight then jumped from the platform, ready to deliver a devastating blow on to Paragon.

DHHIpKN.png

#4 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:28 PM

Axel cocked his head as the man began to talk. He's only said a few words yet it feels like he's said too much already. 

Axel stood perfectly still as the man came off the platform. His costume wriggled as if a gust of air bursted upwards from his body. His barrier was up. It was strong enough to take on bullets directly much like the golden armor of the Guardian but it would shatter much quicker than the Angel-Slayer's own. He waited for the man to make contact with his barrier before taking action. When he did he would quickly respond by pour telekinetic energy into his right fist and slamming the villain into the ground with it. The silver pauldron around his right arm would cut through the air with it's small attached blades.

"I think I deserve some rights to arrogance here." 

If the blow connected, Axel would follow up with a regular uppercut from his left fist to pick the man up and then kick him in his chest to force some distance between them. "I'm sorry but who are you again?" Axel would say smugly. At that point he would be toying with the man.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#5 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 03 April 2014 - 11:43 PM

Paragon's barrier would successfully deflect the man's punch and successfully land a sequence of counter-attacks. The figure would slowly raise his hand up, reaching for Paragon. "H-help... me..."

Why Paragon, I don't believe you've met Sergeant Laker of the NMPD. With his help, I managed to successfully round up these people. When I implied they were more important than you, I did not mean that as a knock on your own reputation but simply because they are vital to my glorious war against those that stand in my way.

Before Sergeant Laker could say any more words, another figure from the darkness of the warehouse would emerge. This one, however, wielded a gun and had the uniform of an officer. Without saying anything, the officer would aim the weapon at Paragon and would soon pull the trigger.

DHHIpKN.png

#6 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:06 AM

"I guess I should've expected that. My bad, Sergeant Laker."

Axel's almost nonchalant attitude was rather distinctive. One would imagine that the public didn't like it but considering that they've come to know Paragon as a savior of the city and fairly responsible, they deal with it. His peers would realize that his attitude comes from a buildup of bad history as a hero.

Around the newer shadow, silvery streams of energy would float about, circling the shadowy figure.

"I could just incapacitate everyone here until you stop being a damn chicken. I'm not above that."

Within seconds of the first shot, the shadowy figure would be caught in an implosion of invisible force. 

"And actually..."

Axel would bend down and pick up Sergeant Laker, and throw him on over his shoulder. His tactile telekinesis made him a lightweight. Let's see what he'll do now. He began walking to the exit, ready to take the Sergeant to a safe zone.

#7 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

As Paragon took the downed Sergeant Laker to safety, further gunshots would be heard deeper from the warehouse, followed by screams of pain and agony. Medics would be ready for Laker at the perimeter, which would leave Paragon with less to worry about.

I certainly hope you come back for these soon-to-be corpses, Paragon. As you just witnessed, injuring these civilians will actually benefit me.

Blood from the other officer would soon spill on the floor of the warehouse. Though the implosion had left him significantly injured, Memory Master's will was empowering him to continue the fight. With his handgun ready once more, his sights would be set on Paragon once he returns.

Edited by Wynn, 04 April 2014 - 04:55 AM.

DHHIpKN.png

#8 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 April 2014 - 03:23 PM

Axel placed the sergeant down just outside of the fence. 

"How is it in there?" a response team member asked. 

Axel didn't respond. The silence on it's own was enough of an answer. In truth, Axel was dribbling around his thoughts. Looking for some breakthrough.

He's going to make this hard for me. More than likely he's hiding close by. Wouldn't surprised me if...

Axel walked into the building again. He would spy the man he just blasted with an implosion back on his feet, with a gun aiming towards him. With surprising agility, Axel raced off against the gunman. Any shot fired would hit his telekinetic armor hard but not hard enough to break it. Once he grabbed the man he would sweep him off his feet and knock him down again, taking the gun out of his hand. He would then flip him over and hog tie him with the cable ties located in a pocket of his utility belt. 

"Blah. You're making this harder than it has to be. The longer it goes on the longer I will beat the ever living shit of out of you. Then there's the killing part. You've got me mistaken for Bright Eyes, Fungaru, and Aluminum Avenger if you think I have a simple code of conduct. No. By all means, I prefer to not kill. But I will if I need to. Chances are, I won't need to though. Chances are that you'll beg me for death if I get my hands on you."

Axel had enough cable ties for about twelve people. It was standard procedure back when they were students fighting against terrorist and it was still the same then. Being that they're not supposed to kill, they had to subdue their targets anyway possible and cable ties were the best way to do it without coming off as harsh. Now that one was gone and the other was subdued, he was down to eleven with an extra one. 

I'll have to keep an eye on these hostages. The usual trick is to hide among them. But then he's rather unusual. 

His kinetic sight could only do so much on the same field as a mentalist. The best he could do was feel a "presence" as it entered his telekinetic field. At the feel of a presence, Axel would form a barrier field in their direction. It would simply act as a shield, and stop a bullet or energy blast from touching his armor. He would then push them backwards with his telekinetic powers and proceed to hog tie them. 

#9 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 05 April 2014 - 01:23 AM

The officer would fire at Paragon, though as expected it did not break his telekinetic barrier. Though the officer was successfully disarmed and taken out, this did very little to stop Memory Master. The officer, now tied down, would look at Paragon and spoke to him. "Kill me? Paragon, you will have to find me first." After these words, the officer would lose consciousness as he continued to bleed out.

Shall this one be taken to safety as well, Paragon? Because I will continue to possess one body at a time, let you push them to the edge of death and then let you retreat them to those fools outside my sphere of influence. This is the will of the Dark Legacy.

After these words, one of the tied up civilians would suddenly break free from his restraints. This one, however, was significantly stronger than the police officers that were under Memory Master's control earlier. The civilian would raise his open hand in the air, with sand from nearby sources suddenly surrounding him in a twister-like barrier. The others tied up nearby would be pushed back to different directions, resulting in them sustaining minor injuries. Afterwards, a weapon of glass would manifest itself in the form of a sword from the sands, which the metahuman would propel at Paragon. "You're reign of terror stops now, Paragon!" shouted the metahuman.

But perhaps, my dear hero, you prefer fighting one of your own. Go forth warrior Izark and obey the will of the Dark Legacy! Obey the will of Memory Master!

DHHIpKN.png

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 April 2014 - 04:19 PM

"Yeah. Well." 

Axel was more than competent in his answer. As long as he didn't kill the Humans, it was good enough in his eyes. Fighting against a villain who distorts memories and warps our reality into a illusion would be tricky in itself. Let alone saving civilians while doing so.

Suddenly a man rose from the group, breaking his restraints. Sand gathered around him and eventually formed into a sword.

"Really?" 

As the sword came flying, Axel would put up both his hands in it's direction. The sword soared smoothly through the air until it came into contact with an invisible force just a few feet away from the hero. Asound similar to breaking glass could be heard. Suddenly Axel pushed his hands forward, almost allowing his armor to come into contact with the sword. The sword quickly went off course, veering to the side of Axel instead.

"Izark? I remember hearing something about you...Oh well. Sorry for this."

Energy would gather around Izark the same way it gathered around the gunman from earlier. If he didn't move in less than five seconds, Axel's snap would initiate the blast for him to be caught in. 

Behind Izark was another build of energy, circulating almost as if it had a conscious and was waiting for him to enter its territory. It would blast him if he instinctively backed up. If he didn't back up or actually sidestepped to his right or left, it wouldn't initiate. 

If he was hit with the original Kinetic Bomb, Axel would lay on to him again with another bomb. If he missed the first strike and Izark sidestepped, he would simply swipe his hands and send out an invisible sweep of energy to knock him on his feet temporarily. If that was successful, he would follow up by closing the distance as fast as possible, with his levitation of course, and pinned the man down by his neck and deliver a single punch to his chest. What seemed like one punch would actually be a set of four telekinetic punches, jetting from Axel's body into the man's chest, rapidly and back to back. It was a technique he once called, Multi-Punch. Essentially he didn't need to use his fist or any extension of his body except his brain to deliver the majority of his attacks but a combination of physical and mental gave him several advantages. 

If Axel was to be hit by a flying sword, or similar object, his armor would crack slightly. Physically it looked as if there was a distortion of light on the area of impact. 

#11 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2014 - 12:59 AM

Remember Izark? I highly doubt that. Seeing as you didn't remember his time at the academy, though little both your interactions might have been. This is not the case as well of my interference, as you truly do not CARE for those outside your immediate bubble of so-called friends!

Izark's sword of glass might have initially missed Paragon but he was no stranger to combat. The counterattack from Paragon connected and would have seriously injured Izark if he had stayed as a being of flesh and blood but the metahuman could also turn himself into a flurry of sand. By doing so, Izark also materialized right behind Paragon, catching the sword in mid-flight. "Do not think your vile powers can stop my will, Paragon." Once more, Izark lunged at Paragon with his sword, ready to turn into sand again at first contact of either physical or meta-physical retaliation. Elsewhere, however, further screams could be heard deeper from the warehouse.

Isn't this wonderful Paragon? He thinks you're a villain. But then again, he did just see you take out two officers with little regard for their safety. 

DHHIpKN.png

#12 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 April 2014 - 09:37 AM

"You talk entirely too much."

Axel felt the presence behind him due to Izark being in his telekinetic field. He allowed the man to connect the sword, which would certainly damage both his armor and more so the sword because of his armor's resiliency. Izark wouldn't notice the buildup of pressure on his body until it was too late. For him, it would be very much harder to move. Unlike his other abilities, this one in particular was near impossible to escape(https://drive.google...kIybEt4V0h4QjQ#) and because Izark wasn't in his sand form, it was much easier to perform on him. Axel himself would be suffering from the effect of the pressurize technique but it wasn't enough to stop him due to his powers. 

He would reach out and grab Izark by his neck, ever so gently, and begin absorbing some of his energy. He wouldn't stop until Izark became unconscious and once he was he would release the pressure and lower him down to the ground safely through his levitation ability. 

He would turn his attention back to the Memory Master and try to follow where he heard the screams coming from. He knew it could be a trap or a trick to keep him busy but he needed to check regardless. 

#13 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 April 2014 - 03:26 PM

The glass sword shattering caught Izark off-guard which allowed Paragon to secure a tight grip on his neck. Between Memory Master's clouded influence and Paragon's energy drain, Izark could not focus his shapeshifting ability and struggled desperately to break free. As it was clear that Izark was about to fall into unconsciousness, Memory Master retracted his remaining energy from his metahuman pawn. Though his mind was now clear, Izark was not in a condition to help Paragon, let alone stand on his two feet. "R-Redwood... There's a bomb at the back... I'm s-sure, I took a picture of it on my phone." said Izark as he reached out for a device in pocket. Suddenly, a rush of psychic energy that could be felt by even non-powered beings passed by Paragon and began zapping Izark, making him writhe in pain.

Fool! Do not listen to him Paragon! You shall not interfere with the Dark Legacy's will!  

Edited by Wynn, 06 April 2014 - 03:32 PM.

DHHIpKN.png

#14 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 09:39 AM

Axel snarled at Memory Master's cowardice. He bent down and checked Izark's pocket for the phone with the picture on it. After looking at the picture, he would turn around and look at the hostages. He would begin approaching them fast. They would begin to feel the pressure under the same weight that Izark felt. 

"You coward."

He would then grab the closest person and begin draining them until they were unconscious. If not stopped he would continue on to the next individual in only a matter of seconds, and keep on until all of the hostages were knocked out.

He would then proceed to find the bomb. 

Axel was fully bent on doing whatever it would take to keep the citizens alive and stop Memory Master. His anger was building up and he needed someone to take it out on. The next enemy would more than likely get Axel's complete aggression.

#15 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 07 April 2014 - 10:26 PM

The fool Izark. Wasting my energies on frying his mind! His sacrifice is in vain though. You cannot stop the Dark Legacy, Paragon.

The rest of the civilians were unaffected by Memory Master's grip, presumably because of the excessive energy he had spent on Izark. As Paragon went to drain the hostages of energy, he went unopposed. However, the furthest one from him was still conscious but badly injured. His face disfigured from beatings and his hands still flowing with blood. This person also held something close to him; a rectangular piece of plastic with a timer attached on it. 

Though the sight was grotesque, it was not the most shocking detail. The man held up the bomb next to Paragon and it was clear: the timer was seemingly stopped and the bomb defused. Before anything could be said though, clapping could be heard just behind Paragon. A larger man in charred knight's armor, engulfed in an evil aura, seemingly materialized out of nowhere. "Thank you Paragon. It was with your actions that I was able to find this particular metahuman from the lot. And now, I will take him from you." the knight said as he fired a hand blast of energy at Paragon.

DHHIpKN.png

#16 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 07 April 2014 - 11:42 PM

Axel's ears perked up at the sound of an unfamiliar voice. He turned around and was met with a hand blast. In immediate response, he threw up a shield and blocked it. 

Sweat started beading up on his forehead, making his mask stick more so than usual. He knew it wasn't right. A random enemy. A defused bomb. Swirls of energy wrapped around the knight, even more so than usual. With a snap, the knight would be consumed in a explosion double the size of the previous explosions. He would grab the man with the bomb and bring him closer to his eyes for inspection. If there weren't much clues, he would drop him and continue his search around the building.

#17 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2014 - 12:02 AM

The knight stood his ground but the explosion knocked him down. The actual effects of Paragon's attack had no visual change on the knight but his aura was getting weaker. Getting back up on his feet, the knight sent two more blasts towards Paragon and followed up with a punch on the floor, sending an energy shockwave towards the last conscious metahuman.

"Give him to me, the Dark Legacy demands his blood as sacrifice! Once I have him, the universe is mine!" shouted the knight in an ominous voice.

DHHIpKN.png

#18 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 01:32 PM

Axel shielded against the blasts again while a large storm of energy flowed around the knight. With no hesitation, he imploded the energy, causing the knight great damage. And closely after, he would deflect the shockwave and send it going back in the other direction. If the area was clear, he would inspect the man. If not, he would perform another powerful implosion on the knight.