12 replies to this topic

#1 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 09:19 AM

https://twitter.com/...567152295358465

Everyday I see more sexism within the feminism movement. At first I thought it was a few bad cookies but now it seems like the majority of activist think this way. It's to the point where they dismiss men in any shape or form. I've seen it done near a hundred times on the Internet and it just happened to me. Can't help but question whether feminism is failing right now or not. A lot of the injustices that feminism brings up aren't really injustices when someone does their research. Men are often generalized to be rapists, and s lot of men have been brainwashed to actually think like that.

Just. I'd like to hear everyone's else thoughts before I fully speak(plus I don't have much time before work).

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#2 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 01:59 PM

Dude, she's an idiot. Plain and simple. 

If we are going to be completely honest on a societal level, there needs to be an evaluation comparing old feminism to new feminism. There also needs to be a very in depth analysis of modern day prejudice and segregation. This is happening a bit too much lately and it's really sickening. Reasons like these make me adore Portland. We don't have to deal with silly people like this.

Edited by Griever, 25 May 2014 - 02:02 PM.

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:13 PM

actual feminism works with men to help ease all gender roles, not only a pro-female sentiment. Still the vocal minority.

147.png

#4 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:14 PM

Again this makes me afraid to deal with women romantically because I'm afraid I might accidentaly rape them.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#5 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 03:35 PM

actual feminism works with men to help ease all gender roles, not only a pro-female sentiment. Still the vocal minority.

This. I feel bad because I know some people who still call themselves feminists despite not holding the majority ideal.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#6 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 05:43 PM

I'm glad that wasn't me, Roy. Darker than a moonless night, I would have ripped her apart racially, civil righteously, and shown her to be the backward bitch she clearly is. 

#7 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 08:39 PM

I'm glad that wasn't me, Roy. Darker than a moonless night, I would have ripped her apart racially, civil righteously, and shown her to be the backward bitch she clearly is. 

I honestly wanted to try that but I didn't have the attention span(because I was rushing to work) and trying to be sympathetic.

Sometimes I feel guilty cause it's almost like I pick a fight but really I'm calling them out for something.

#8 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 25 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Bullshit is bullshit. By taking initiative to call someone out on a load of crap is to define "taking a stand." I wouldn't understand why you would feel guilty doing what our forefathers and mothers did countless times in human history to give people like me, you, and Dion a chance. To give people who aren't 100% white male and masculine to an extreme a chance to be themselves --something this site should be proud of as almost/everyone here represents that demographic. 

She is an idiot for portraying the stereotype of men as being these chauvinistic pricks who are stuck in their self-righteousness and define the very world, ethics, and attitudes that govern their very lives. True for some, maybe, but that perspective is so ridiculously narrow, it's sickening to even entertain. The hilarity that ensues through my mind is the authority she thinks she wields over this section of "civil rights and equality." She effortlessly badmouths all men and further validates that very power she despises. Even with there being a gap between men and women, I cannot stress how mind boggling this is for me. She places all women as weak by her very words and standpoint. She makes women all victims and men as monsters for simply existing. She further widens the disparity between us (men and women) in her very words towards you and is a symbol of tension between the sexes-- us and them. It's prejudiced regardless how you look at it. My thoughts themselves may be very narrow about her and what she stands for, but I don't believe someone like her should represent anyone in civil rights. She's an extremist with too loud of a voice. Someone like her would danger the very lives of the ones she wants to protect as well as the men surrounding her. This is not ok with me. By portraying every man that walks as a monster, am I then allowed to portray every woman I see as a sex object to be used and tossed aside? I would imagine her double standards are beautifully defined in her speakings of being portrayed.

One last thing I couldn't help but sneer about: immediately she discounted your feelings and invalidated them. coincidentally, I have been a little fascinated by Carol Gilligan, author of A Different Voice. Funny thing is, her very book talks about the differences in the male and female perspective, and how feelings and emotion should play a strong role in society and choices. She speaks in-depth about men needing to incorporate all women as valid in absolutely everything, and to start allowing some blends of personality between the sexes instead of keeping them so distant. Hilarious because this lady wants the opposite which further sickens me and reminds me of what old feminist of the late 70's and 80's fought so hard to achieve. Disgusted.

Ugh, end rant.

Edited by Griever, 26 May 2014 - 02:42 AM.

#9 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 26 May 2014 - 01:30 AM

The feminist movement is still relevant modern times but I feel that more feminists are turning things around and making it an Anti-man movement. Feminism seeks to find all genders on an equal level, however as it is shown in the name the focus is direct with women, and so both men and women can be feminists. Feminists who turn things around into an anti-man thing are doing it wrong. People who interpreting feminism as an anti-man movement are also looking at it a completely wrong and unwanted angle.

It is true, there are quite a few so called "feminists" out there invalidating the issues of men in a misogynistic society (boy are there some pretty shitty things in there) but they are the odd bad apples in the bunch. I think a few of feminists are the few who have seen the corrupted section of the Men's rights movement (aka the section that is an anti-feminist movement) are the few who get really high up on their horse and turn things into an anti-men, misandrist movement. 

A lot of depictions or domestic violence or rape involve a woman being a victim and a man being the attacker. Once a depiction like this appears a sudden unnecessary uproar always follows with a majority of the angry folk being men who believe it's an "anti-men" depiction (which is most certainly is now). The thing people need to understand is that these depict the majority in situations and from statistics the majority of aggressors are said to be male. The majority of victims are women as victims as well (however in both cases the rate of male victims has been rising). That is not to say that all males are aggressors and not all females are victims but it is to have people, who aren't actively thinking about it, see what's going on. 

In the example above what the woman was saying in the very first tweet was indeed understandable, however her replies to another voice showed that her ideals aren't really ideal. While the idea of a mens movement would fit better with the feminist involvement in my opinion (because a lot of issues surrounding all genders come hand in hand) it most certainly isn't something that really needs to be brushed off. This woman is no better than the oppressors she's fighting against. You do not gain footing by oppressing your oppressor, you gain footing through education and awareness. The #YesAllWomen movement is a movement to bring comfort to women who may have encountered a man, like the one suspected to be behind the massacre a couple of days ago, who behaved as if they were entitled to a woman, sex, intimacy, love etc. Anyone who is turning it around is most certainly either too blind to the bigger picture to realise it or someone who has extreme guilt as being a man who has been taught this in a misogynistic society. (it is to be known however that men and those of whatever other gender(s) could've also have experienced this fear, the relevance of women being the victim has to do with the direct targets of the attack)

Also because I feel that I should say this

Again this makes me afraid to deal with women romantically because I'm afraid I might accidentaly rape them.

You shouldn't be afraid about "accidentally" raping someone. I'm pretty sure things are full on clear that if someone doesn't want you touch them in a way then you shouldn't touch them. There's no accidental rape unless you can't follow that simple rule.

Those are my thoughts on the matter

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:22 AM

Bullshit is bullshit. By taking initiative to call someone out on a load of crap is to define "taking a stand." I wouldn't understand why you would feel guilty doing what our forefathers and mothers did countless times in human history to give people like me, you, and Dion a chance. To give people who aren't 100% white male and masculine to an extreme a chance to be themselves --something this site should be proud of as almost/everyone here represents that demographic. 

She is an idiot for portraying the stereotype of men as being these chauvinistic pricks who are stuck in their self-righteousness and define the very world, ethics, and attitudes that govern their very lives. True for some, maybe, but that perspective is so ridiculously narrow, it's sickening to even entertain. The hilarity that ensues through my mind is the authority she thinks she wields over this section of "civil rights and equality." She effortlessly badmouths all men and further validates that very power she despises. Even with there being a gap between men and women, I cannot stress how mind boggling this is for me. She places all women as weak by her very words and standpoint. She makes women all victims and men as monsters for simply existing. She further widens the disparity between us (men and women) in her very words towards you and is a symbol of tension between the sexes-- us and them. It's prejudiced regardless how you look at it. My thoughts themselves may be very narrow about her and what she stands for, but I don't believe someone like her should represent anyone in civil rights. She's an extremist with too loud of a voice. Someone like her would danger the very lives of the ones she wants to protect as well as the men surrounding her. This is not ok with me. By portraying every man that walks as a monster, am I then allowed to portray every woman I see as a sex object to be used and tossed aside? I would imagine her double standards are beautifully defined in her speakings of being portrayed.

One last thing I couldn't help but sneer about: immediately she discounted your feelings and invalidated them. coincidentally, I have been a little fascinated by Carol Gilligan, author of A Different Voice. Funny thing is, her very book talks about the differences in the male and female perspective, and how feelings and emotion should play a strong role in society and choices. She speaks in-depth about men needing to incorporate all women as valid in absolutely everything, and to start allowing some blends of personality between the sexes instead of keeping them so distant. Hilarious because this lady wants the opposite which further sickens me and reminds me of what old feminist of the late 70's and 80's fought so hard to achieve. Disgusted.

Ugh, end rant.

Now realize that she's a part of a large community of feminists who think pretty much the same.

I went on to talk to another girl on Twitter who pretty much ignored what I had to say because I was a man. I was talking about how Feminism was on it's way to it's own destruction because of the antagonizing of all men and whatnot and she kept ignoring me and ignoring me. Asked me how would I know, I told her because I was once a feminist, and she used that against me of course. Oh and not to mention she tried to use EVERY SINGLE MOMENT to ridicule me and throw out "quotable" posts on Twitter for her followers. While I was mentioning men, I did so because I was mentioning how they're treated affects feminism. Still, just the mention of men shouldn't raise a down red flag and make me some type of misogynist that they tried to make me out to be.

And then the funny part was at the end when she said that she wouldn't disagree against anything a feminist says because everyone has their own "feminism." That's bullshit and the fact that it was in response to the question, "Would you do anything if a feminist was hindering feminism?" I actually asked her again because I thought that was just a BS lie she told to make herself not sound conflicting: "Would you speak up if someone was hindering equality?" And she never responded. 

What really pisses me off about all of this is that they're not for equality, they're against it while under the guise of seeking equality.

#11 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2014 - 04:32 AM

The feminist movement is still relevant modern times but I feel that more feminists are turning things around and making it an Anti-man movement. Feminism seeks to find all genders on an equal level, however as it is shown in the name the focus is direct with women, and so both men and women can be feminists. Feminists who turn things around into an anti-man thing are doing it wrong. People who interpreting feminism as an anti-man movement are also looking at it a completely wrong and unwanted angle.

It is true, there are quite a few so called "feminists" out there invalidating the issues of men in a misogynistic society (boy are there some pretty shitty things in there) but they are the odd bad apples in the bunch. I think a few of feminists are the few who have seen the corrupted section of the Men's rights movement (aka the section that is an anti-feminist movement) are the few who get really high up on their horse and turn things into an anti-men, misandrist movement. 

A lot of depictions or domestic violence or rape involve a woman being a victim and a man being the attacker. Once a depiction like this appears a sudden unnecessary uproar always follows with a majority of the angry folk being men who believe it's an "anti-men" depiction (which is most certainly is now). The thing people need to understand is that these depict the majority in situations and from statistics the majority of aggressors are said to be male. The majority of victims are women as victims as well (however in both cases the rate of male victims has been rising). That is not to say that all males are aggressors and not all females are victims but it is to have people, who aren't actively thinking about it, see what's going on. 

In the example above what the woman was saying in the very first tweet was indeed understandable, however her replies to another voice showed that her ideals aren't really ideal. While the idea of a mens movement would fit better with the feminist involvement in my opinion (because a lot of issues surrounding all genders come hand in hand) it most certainly isn't something that really needs to be brushed off. This woman is no better than the oppressors she's fighting against. You do not gain footing by oppressing your oppressor, you gain footing through education and awareness. The #YesAllWomen movement is a movement to bring comfort to women who may have encountered a man, like the one suspected to be behind the massacre a couple of days ago, who behaved as if they were entitled to a woman, sex, intimacy, love etc. Anyone who is turning it around is most certainly either too blind to the bigger picture to realise it or someone who has extreme guilt as being a man who has been taught this in a misogynistic society. (it is to be known however that men and those of whatever other gender(s) could've also have experienced this fear, the relevance of women being the victim has to do with the direct targets of the attack)

Also because I feel that I should say this

You shouldn't be afraid about "accidentally" raping someone. I'm pretty sure things are full on clear that if someone doesn't want you touch them in a way then you shouldn't touch them. There's no accidental rape unless you can't follow that simple rule.

Those are my thoughts on the matter

Also the thing is about the killings that inspired the #YesAllWomen tag...is that there were more male victims than women. I believe six or so males to two females? While I'm not trying to turn this into a, "THIS IS ABOUT US, NOT THEM" thing, I do believe this says a lot about how men and women are perceived. Why isn't there a #YesAllMen tag? Or a #VictimsofMassacre tag or something? Now what's worse is that if you do even a little research on the guy, you see that he had some pretty disgusting views on both men and women, yet only one group is spoken of.

I could go on about it but I'm sure you understand what I'm trying to say already. I kinda want it to all go back to being about true feminism and not antagonizing men, blaming the patriarchy for everything, and actually working for inequality. 

#12 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 11:32 PM

As a black feminist myself, I don't think modern feminism is dying. I just think there is a large number of extremist anti-male feminists. I also believe that a large number of white feminists refuse to include women of color in their fight against sexism. The feminist movement would be MUCH MORE stronger if that majority would include all women of color. I also think there is a RIDICULOUSLY STUPID AMOUNT of men in the world that believe all feminists are man-hating women who want to eradicate men from the planet, and thus disregard women's struggles and try to turn the feminist movement into a joke. This is especially true in the black community. EVERY DAY I get on Twitter seeing black men (and some black women) make tweets like "These feminists are trying to distract us from the real issues bruh" or "These feminists are just bitter brah." or "Stop complaining and go get you some dick."

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#13 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 30 August 2015 - 10:40 AM

So I'm back in this thread to say, yikes at my past experiences.

Feminism is definitely still needed but also the radical feminists are just more vocal than the less-extreme feminists. I mean, I'm sure you all know that but I just felt like I needed to update on my perception here, as the creator of this thread.