• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 11:28 AM

Looks like we're getting a new 3DS/XL model next year. Images show a second analog stick for dual analog action for games that support it, which, In my opinion, is a pretty awesome addition. No more need for a circle pad pro.

We should expect to see these models in the market by next year, according to the article below. What are your thoughts?

http://www.ign.com/a...source=facebook

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2014 - 02:30 PM

I'm actually pretty annoyed by this. Going to be forced to basically get it in the future since games will only be able to be played on this system and not the old 3DS. New analog stick is really stupid as well... too damn small and in a very odd place. Don't like the new trigger button either. Kind of a big fail on nintendos part here.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:02 PM

I'm actually pretty annoyed by this. Going to be forced to basically get it in the future since games will only be able to be played on this system and not the old 3DS. New analog stick is really stupid as well... too damn small and in a very odd place. Don't like the new trigger button either. Kind of a big fail on nintendos part here.

That... that's not true at all. There are already games that support the CPP and no one is forcing you to buy that. I imagine it'll work the same way. ._. 

In any case, small analog tick > no analog stick.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:19 PM

No, Xenoblade Chronicles has been confirmed to ONLY work on the new 3DS systems. It was made for it specifically and won't work with any prior 3DS system. There's also other exclusive games for the new 3DS in the works as well. So you'll need it to play new games.

And the whole stick thing, I dont see how it would be hard to just make two on the system... That should easily be able to make it like how the Vita is, but its not like that at all. Don't like the spot where the games go in either... feel like I'll mess that up. =/ Idk, it ust seems pretty shit on Nintendos part for this.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#5 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 27 March 2015 - 10:37 PM

I got this at launch and really wasn't let down, but keep in mind I had a rickety old 3DS from just after launch in 2010 (happy 5th birthday 3DS), The bigger screen actually makes the graphics significantly more smooth, the face-tracking 3D enables you to play at up to a 45 degree angle from the camera (90 degree total range) and I think it has adaption for distance too. The C stick is awesome, extremely smooth and sensitive, it's comparable to the old purple dots you could use as computer mice on laptops, in a way. It works well with Smash, although at least once Smash stopped recognizing my 3DS as a New 3DS and I had to reboot the software. It didn't affect anything though. The only problem with it on Smash is it's somewhat tricky to charge smash attacks with, so if you're going for a fully charged smash, the C-Stick probably isn't the best option. I've had the game pop out a couple times when I dropped the console a certain way by accident, but that happened on the old one, so it's no huge deal. Getting used to the new start/select button placement has been a challenge, but it's much less likely to get hit by accident. Having ZL/ZR as mappable buttons in Smash is also a godsend, as with my inhumanly long fingers it is much more comfortable to use those. Mobile NFC/Amiibo support is fantastic and the sound is even better than the 3DS which was already astonishing to me. I've been known to leave it on Smash's music list and just listen while i do stuff. I'm doing that now, in fact. 

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman