#41 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2011 - 09:39 PM

As for Lucy... Ehh... Early on she's really terrible. She comes into her own later on though. She IS just a summoner. So... she won't really be as good as Gray, Erza or Natsu. Her strength comes from her summons. Of course, the stronger her magic the stronger they will be. So she just needs to become stronger really...

Hmm... Maybe I should clarify.
I get that she IS a summoner, don't get me wrong. The issue is the fact that, as you stated exactly yourself, she is JUST a summoner. "JUST," only, nothing more.
I don't like that. :/

I'm not expecting that she'd have too much else. What I expect is her strength to be what she is, but I thought she might have some kind of other magics or things to use on the side as well. My view of her as of current is that she is very limited and that her strength is too great of a weakness. Perhaps I'm just more bothered by seeing this be a "fact" in the very first episode: 'Oh, I don't have my keys. I'm completely powerless and basically useless now.'
*twitches*

However, I won't really say much at the moment and I won't argue with you about my feelings because I am still so early on in the series. I don't know how anything works in Fairy Tail. I don't know the limits that mages have, et cetera. So yeah. That is why I decided I'd just try to sit quietly and progress more in the anime before I get too set on any thoughts or feelings.
I apologize if any of that is or sounds just... idk.. :///

Posted Image

#42 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:54 AM

I'm not sure if your feelings on Lucy have changed at all. But do remember that she isn't just summoning. I mean... she has some combat in her. Like how she can use a whip. She can dodge attacks pretty nicely and she manages to carry Natsu as well on her back. Pretty strong in her own ways. She has some nifty items like the book that makes her read what? 10 times faster then a normal human.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#43 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 02:39 PM

I'm not sure if your feelings on Lucy have changed at all. But do remember that she isn't just summoning. I mean... she has some combat in her. Like how she can use a whip. She can dodge attacks pretty nicely and she manages to carry Natsu as well on her back. Pretty strong in her own ways. She has some nifty items like the book that makes her read what? 10 times faster then a normal human.

O_o; I forgot about the whip thing... Interesting choice of weapon... >_>;
Her dodging attacks the way she can IS something that I liked and has proved a slight bit redeeming. That's what I was mentioning/trying to say in one of my earlier posts.
I tend to forget about her strength. The first time that I saw her carry Natsu, it... didn't quite occur to me. Then sometime later I was like, "Wait, wut? o__O;?" She can move pretty fast while carrying him, too. I think she was running the one time. ._.; So that is nice.
I thought I mentioned her items before, but it seems that I may not have. She does have some cool and really convenient things. I'd LOVE to have those glasses if they could be obtained in real life. <33

I don't know. She doesn't seem SO bad. I'm probably just being a bit too hard on her. It feels like there's a reason for that besides what I said before, but I can't put my finger on it....

---

Well, I'm a slight bit further in the anime now. The episodes that I watched were pretty awesome. I like Erza a bit more. Some of the armor that she has is really cool. I like the way that Gray fights a lot. Then there is Happy who I didn't know could fly that fast, and Natsu who has some crazy abilities.

I hope to see some other characters soon, too, though. >.<;

Posted Image

#44 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 24 April 2011 - 08:58 PM

O_o why does the new opening emphasize so much on the white haired ladies younger sister? >.> Made it seem like she was an actual subplot.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#45 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2011 - 05:20 PM

New chapter is out and holy crap. Best chapter in a very long time. I can't believe what all happened. Ending of the chapter makes me a bit worried to be honest... that boy...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#46 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 May 2011 - 07:42 AM

Yeah I did wonder who that boy was but...

:O We finally got a chapter on SAT again. :3 It's awesome how Mashima(Azuma) pointed out that the Guild was using BS to win.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#47 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 06 June 2011 - 04:28 PM

Ffff

Spoiler

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#48 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 09:04 PM

Ahh wth? Well I knew this was a possible outcome. Also it's nice to know that Zancrow wasn't truly defeated by Natsu.

:X I still want to see that guildmaster die tbh. When no heroes die it just seems stale or something.

#49 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 15 July 2011 - 08:07 AM

Yea, I think he'll eventually die at the end of this arc. Like, have him live till the end, they beat hades, then go talk to him. He says his last words and then Laxus takes over the guild and things get awesome. I can see that happening really. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#50 Oblivion

Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:08 PM

Well I dont think the guild master will die in this arc but i do feel he will evetually die in a another arc. As for laxus i believe all he came back for was to help the guild and give his grandfather news of his father or ask question about him.
My Other Half
Posted Image

#51 darksquallleon

darksquallleon

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 04:47 PM

I also read Fairy Tail (and thanks to you i remembered to read the latest chapter XD), too many mangas and manhwa to read i sometimes forget to check lol.

I am the bone of my sword.
Steel is my body, and fire is my blood.
I have created over a thousand blades.
Unaware of loss.
Nor aware of gain.
Withstood pain to create weapons, waiting for one’s arrival.
I have no regrets. This is the only path.
My whole life was “Unlimited Blade Works”.

#52 KeyofDestiny

KeyofDestiny

Page

• Page
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 06:32 PM

Fairytail is one of the two mangas that i actually follow (the other being naruto), and its pretty good. But I mean it does get a little repetitive, even more so than some of the other mangas. For example, the last chapter - someone giving Natsu a power-up so Natsu can face the enemy? Sorry but, havent we seen this before? Oh well, It was going pretty awesome before that and hopefully it will get better once Zeref comes into the picture.

#53 Yohtoh

Yohtoh

Page

• Page
  • 100 posts
  • The Nostalgic

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:20 PM

Kinda disappointed in Laxus. I thought he was gonna come down like lightning and beat Hades and show everyone that he wanted to be back and he learned his lesson. Smh

#54 Oblivion

Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 19 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:28 PM

Kinda disappointed in Laxus. I thought he was gonna come down like lightning and beat Hades and show everyone that he wanted to be back and he learned his lesson. Smh

Im telling you guys once this arcs over hes gunna reveal some big revalation.
My Other Half
Posted Image

#55 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 08 August 2011 - 09:32 PM

o-o I'm really concern about that last Dark Guild unlike the others they haven't been shown much. This makes me think that they play in the dark really well.

Also am I the only one who wants to see the other mages backstory? o-o They all are interesting in their own way.

#56 Yohtoh

Yohtoh

Page

• Page
  • 100 posts
  • The Nostalgic

Posted 09 August 2011 - 12:26 PM

Tartarus or Raven Tail. Mostly that Raven Tail functions outside of the Balam Alliance shows how powerful they are.

#57 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 07:41 AM

Ughh. This. This. This.

So damn pissed about that. I thought he was going to kick ass and take over Fairy Tail with his Grandpa dying or so. But no, he just gives Natsu a power up. Of all the damn things... It's really annoying.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#58 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 13 August 2011 - 08:10 AM

You know I raged when I first read that chapter. :< Some people were like "Oh noe well you know how Mashima is." but that wasn't the issue. I know Fairy Tail leaves Natsu has the real hero behind each arc but this was just horrible. Like really...
Natsu could've helped out and I would've been like okay. But this was just...idk. Why risk it all, your friends, family, and former guild, for pride?

#59 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 09:51 AM

Can you Fairy Talers convince me to get into this? It seems like another One Piece/Bleach/Naruto type manga. I wanted to like it, but I tried a few chapters and even the anime and I got nothing.

147.png

#60 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2011 - 10:02 AM

Eh, it it like them a lot. If you liked/read Rave Master you'd like Fairy Tail since the same person made them... Fairy Tail is something you either love or hate really. I enjoy it for the characters and how in-depth they actually go with them. They give a lot of characters backstories, even ones that arent too important. And then a good... 50+ Chapters later something related to their backstory happens. The characters and story are what really are a draw for me. I wasnt as big of a fan at first but once Gajeel came into play... I started liking it a lot more. He has that... rough and tough attitude and take no shit from anyone type of thing.

Not sure how to really convince you. It's mostly a hit or miss for most people. =X

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png