#61 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:08 PM

So Pokebeach leaked a lot of pokemon typings and there are a plethora of new pokemon pictures in Famitsu. It seems like the starters are all pure types in their final forms aside from - you guessed it - the fire starter, Pokabu. He gets to be Fire/Fighting. Awesome. I'm glad for that combination because I haven't played a pokemon game with a Fire/Fighting starter before!

147.png

#62 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2010 - 07:47 PM

So now that Pokemon Black and White has released in Japan, we know every pokemon in the dex. Just to say, I wish not to be spoiled about anything regarding anything about the new pokemon in this game outside of what I already know. That being said, use spoiler tags when discussing any of the new info. <3

I couldn't help myself fully. I wanted to see the legends.

Spoiler

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#63 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 16 September 2010 - 08:09 PM

The newer designs of the 5th generation were quite stupid really to me up until I saw the source of their designs. Most of them are homages to other shows :o

Some of them aren't quite obvious but one of the more prominent designs is

Spoiler

DHHIpKN.png

#64 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 06 October 2010 - 12:24 AM

Honestly, I have no sort of interest in any newer pokemon games. They just seem a bit ridiculous and not all too creative for me. I've been watching videos as well and I don't like what I see either. I guess Heart Gold and Soul Silver are the last great additions to the pokemon franchise.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#65 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:08 PM

So I have a question for everybody. With the advent of the fifth generation, there now exist fifteen different starter pokemon. Which one is your favorite? Why? What's your favorite starter? ? ? Also, which one of the new guys (last column) are you planning to use in Black/White? Why?

For reference:

[spoiler=All Forms, including Gen V]

[/spoiler]

Personally,and his line is my favorite. I thinkis absolutely derptastic andis by far the best of the grass starters in terms of what he can do.The new one looks promising, but I have yet to actually flex his muscles.

I'm definitely getting, since I'm lame and ALWAYS get the grass ones.

For , I think my favorite is. I love all his evolutions and he is the only pure fire type of the lot. He just seems to be the one I'd pick over the others for a for my team, if given a choice of any starter.

For , I'd definitely say. He's a penguin. 'nuff said.

in b4 i herd u liek mudkipz

a5g7ld.gif

#66 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 14 November 2010 - 04:34 PM

My favorite starter is obviously because I've grown so used to using him and I love how much damage can do when he's at his full potential. My favorite starter is actually because I like . Sky Uppercut and Blaze Kick ftw. My favorite starter is only because I like . I do prefer to use instead because I like starting the game with pokemon first. I will use
when/if I decide to get the newer games.

#67 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 14 November 2010 - 05:35 PM

My favorite starters are , , because I have used them more times than the other starters of that generation.For starters my favorite is since I almost always chose him in Emerald.My favorite starter is because he is a turtle, and I always thought made for a cool starter.In Black/White I'll more than likely start out with either or first, and whichever one I don't start with I will in a new game, and then use eventually.

Edited by Maru, 14 November 2010 - 05:38 PM.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#68 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:49 PM

Well I was always a big lover idk why really but usually I'll go with them my first time through or if I get both versions I'll start with and the second game will usually get whichever one is most appealing at that moment.

For it's always been a tossup between and . has always been one of the power hitters om my team. being both and plus he's a ton of fun to add into a team so that wide range of options is always nice but as with what Iggy said is a pure and can learn a few nice and moves.

For surprisingly I rarely use this type although I've always liked though I rarely use him I just like how he looks later on down the evo line mainly. My all time favorite though is far too hard to pick I am thinking though that takes that cup >>;

I'm really tossing between and this time around though. I think the whole combo has been way over used by now and was hoping to see a bit of a deviation from the newer formula. I thought for sure that was going to be part but I suppose that would have been too op'd.

#69 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:32 AM

So I was wondering, does anyone want to see another evolution for any pokemon? Off the top of my head I'd love to see another form of Golduck and Houndoom. I'm hoping in gen VI they go and give second and third forms to some older pokemon, I really think it'd be nice. I mean they did it with Magmar and a good few others so why not? Tauros, Pinsir, Stantler and Sableye would be a few others that would be need to see an evolution from.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#70 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 23 January 2011 - 04:55 AM

I say any pokemon thats not legendary needs to have two states minimum.

#71 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 08:30 AM

I say any pokemon thats not legendary needs to have two states minimum.

That actually wouldn't be too bad of a thing. Some pokemon I can see it not working out for. I mean like a Snorlax really, to give it another stage. What else can you do with it? Have it evolve after it's eaten enough berries and somehow converts all that food into some raw power/energy and he turns into a lean fighter...? Idk. Could be interesting I suppose.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#72 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 23 January 2011 - 12:10 PM

That actually wouldn't be too bad of a thing. Some pokemon I can see it not working out for. I mean like a Snorlax really, to give it another stage. What else can you do with it? Have it evolve after it's eaten enough berries and somehow converts all that food into some raw power/energy and he turns into a lean fighter...? Idk. Could be interesting I suppose.

Snorlax should never evolve. I think what Lex was saying is that there should be no single-stage pokemon outside of legendaries. Every pokemon should evolve at least once or evolve from something at least once. Liiiiike~ Lapras should get a pre-evolution (since Lapras is beast enough as is) and Pachirisu should evolve. I don't think EVERY single stage needs an evolution or pre-evolution (since I think baby forms are superfluous and a complete waste of time), but there are some that desperately need an evolution to be considered for a serious team ever, such as Pachirisu, Manectric, Houndoom, and Rapidash. Those four jump into my mind immediately when I think of guys who could reeeeally do well with an evolved form.

Unfortunately, Manectric was effectively replaced by Luxray, so I doubt we'll ever see anything for Manectric in terms of an evolution, so oh well on that front. Third Gen sucks, anyway.

a5g7ld.gif

#73 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 29 January 2011 - 02:33 PM

Hmm Snorlax evolution......why does Godzilla come to mind?

#74 Yuko

Yuko

Page

• Page
  • 89 posts
  • Casket of Stars. ✰

Posted 31 January 2011 - 10:38 AM

My pokeymanz. Let me show you my pokeymanz. Also Snorlax is fine the way he is. >_>; Really we don't need it to evolve. And I agree with iggy; Lapras should get a pre-evolution. It wouldn't be too bad. Sometimes I think Jynx should evolve. =w=; or Absol. There are some pokemon that need love too. Specially from third gen. It needs a remake. Like. Now. c Also when it comes to lLack and White, I've played a bit of it, I managed to get a ROM but I stopped playing as of late. So far it's not bad. But if you ask me, They really should have stopped with 4th gen. Game Freak is running out of ideas.>:

#75 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 05 February 2011 - 12:23 AM

So not really sure who all this applies to BUT I happen to be going to this tomorrow should be interesting nonetheless and I get a free celebi out of it.

http://www.examiner....-across-america

Adding onto what has been said ever since they released pokemon like dunsparce and mawile I've been thinking that some of them should be having some kind of evolution. I don't think all of them should have new evolutions but somethings like dunsparce or Mawile could be more useful I think if they had an extra form.

#76 Xylox

Xylox

Page

• Page
  • 118 posts

Posted 08 February 2011 - 07:25 PM

Did anyone here buy the Japanese version of Pokemon Black or White yet? I'm still hesitant on buying the English version, and I want to ask people here for their thoughts on the two new games.

#77 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 12:30 AM

Did anyone here buy the Japanese version of Pokemon Black or White yet? I'm still hesitant on buying the English version, and I want to ask people here for their thoughts on the two new games.

I got a ROM with an english patch for White. I haven't started playing it yet though. Also can someone post a pokedex screenshot of B/W to show all of the pokemon in game?

#78 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:22 AM

I got a ROM with an english patch for White. I haven't started playing it yet though. Also can someone post a pokedex screenshot of B/W to show all of the pokemon in game?

I'd rather you not post spoilers of pokemon in this thread. If you wanna see them they're out there. I've not seen every pokemon in the new gen and I'll be damned if I get tripped up this close to release.

147.png

#79 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:25 AM

I'd rather you not post spoilers of pokemon in this thread. If you wanna see them they're out there. I've not seen every pokemon in the new gen and I'll be damned if I get tripped up this close to release.

What are you talking about here? I never said I had any intention at all of posting any sort of spoilers from White here. I also just requested a picture of the pokemon from the game since we do have SOME images of pokemon here on the site. The only ones I've seen are the 3 starter pokemon.

#80 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2011 - 01:40 AM

What are you talking about here? I never said I had any intention at all of posting any sort of spoilers from White here. I also just requested a picture of the pokemon from the game since we do have SOME images of pokemon here on the site. The only ones I've seen are the 3 starter pokemon.

http://serebii.net/pokedex-bw/

Browse away, young padawan. The game has not yet been released outside of Japan, so I would very much dislike seeing an image with all 150-ish pokemon just plopping its way down into the thread.

a5g7ld.gif