42 replies to this topic

#1 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 24 January 2010 - 08:18 PM

Posted Image

Well, I think that some of us knows that she's really is Sephiroth's mother and that she used to work under Vincent's father. Still, I think that she is pressuring herself too much for her guilt and she really needs to get over it. It's actually Hojo's fault anyways. Still, do you think that Lucrecia will ever leave out of the Crystal Cave after Vincent talked to her one last time? She was letting tears roll down.

EDIT by Crimson Jazz: This thread will be the official discussion thread for Final Fantasy VII.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 12 June 2010 - 11:28 PM.

Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#2 Super_Sora94

Super_Sora94

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 31 January 2010 - 12:38 PM

i think she'll leave

#3 AlleyPwnsYouAtLife

AlleyPwnsYouAtLife

Page

• Page
  • 6 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 12:04 AM

I think she'll come out... eventually... but I honestly don't like her because of the way she treated Vincent. Who cares if his father dying was "her fault" he loves you anyway. I'm sorry but it bugs me when people are blind like that. Anyway, maybe it'll be good for both Vincent and Lucrecia if she comes out.
The truth is you could slit my throat
And with my one last gasping breath I'd
Apologize for bleeding on your shirt.

-You're so Last Summer by Taking Back Sunday

#4 Super_Sora94

Super_Sora94

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:26 AM

does any body know where you can get final fantasy 7 for the pc?

#5 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 08:55 AM

There are loads of way to get the PC version. The sane way is to buy it online through Amazon or even Ebay.
But, it doesn't work well with XP(I tried it). If you are using other OS that are made prior XP, then you won't find a problem.

You don't exist

#6 Super_Sora94

Super_Sora94

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 12:16 PM

well im trying to find it free

#7 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 04 April 2010 - 03:17 PM

You probably won't find it for free, or even cheap. Probably going to cost in the upwards of 60 dollars.

Though.. you can look into torrents to get it for your computer. They are free. :x

#8 Super_Sora94

Super_Sora94

Page

• Page
  • 29 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 06:59 PM

thanks ill try that

#9 Dark Knight Genesis

Dark Knight Genesis

Page

• Page
  • 9 posts

Posted 24 April 2010 - 08:45 PM

A man that only wanted to be a hero, now that is a great example of poetry. Anyways, Genesis is top favorite FF7, right next to Zack and Cloud. What do you guys think of him?

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 09 May 2010 - 11:47 AM

Genesis was a shallow character with no development and unclear motivations. Genesis is everything that is wrong with Dirge of Cerberus and the fact that he has no mention in Final Fantasy 7 is directly correlated to his overall unimportance to the real story of Final Fantasy VII.

I don't like Genesis whatsoever. I wish to debate the merits of his character. Any takers?

147.png

#11 Last Tsurugi

Last Tsurugi

Page

• Page
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 03:24 AM

I thought that while his unneeded inclusion in FFVII:DoC was very mediocre, that he was very well done in CC. He had some very interesting characteristics that made the story that much more powerful. He was a core element in the story in my opinion. He quest to find a way to cure something that he was plagued with, all the while trying to maintain existence was very fascinating to me. Also, I thought that the fact that he did so well against Sephiroth in the virtual battle was very interesting, as it showed his skill in battle.

I however did not like his inclusion in the Nibelheim Incident. He was never mentioned in the original depiction of it and then CC suddenly throws him in it. Just.....no >_>

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

These Signatures and Avatar was made by me. Userbar made by Deadly-Dreamer X!

#12 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

I thought that while his unneeded inclusion in FFVII:DoC was very mediocre, that he was very well done in CC. He had some very interesting characteristics that made the story that much more powerful. He was a core element in the story in my opinion. He quest to find a way to cure something that he was plagued with, all the while trying to maintain existence was very fascinating to me. Also, I thought that the fact that he did so well against Sephiroth in the virtual battle was very interesting, as it showed his skill in battle.

I however did not like his inclusion in the Nibelheim Incident. He was never mentioned in the original depiction of it and then CC suddenly throws him in it. Just.....no >_>

I agree that he was garbage in Dirge, and his role in CC definitely helped him as a character in my book and made his appearance in Dirge make a little bit more sense, but meh. Not to mention that he apparently is still alive for some reason and saves ... oh my god I forget his stupid name. Something with a W. I don't remember. The antagonist of Dirge. I should look it up, but it really doesn't matter.

Crisis Core he was interesting but the story of Zack and Angeal was much better. Zack had more of a connection to Sephiroth than he did to Genesis, so the whole end of that game while hunting down Genesis, I just didn't feel it. It didn't feel genuine. They're more or less strangers and then all of a sudden he's trying to help/stop Genesis just felt hollow.

I agree I hate that they put him into the Nibelheim incident. I hate how they made Genesis more or less a central character with nearly more importance in the story than Sephiroth. His quoting poetry the whole time was a nice throwback to Final Fantasy VII's into cinematic, but other than that I really hated how he kept quoting it. It made him seem more insane and stupid and simple than anything. Zack tries to reason with him and tell him the way of things and he just quotes poetry for the fiftieth time and flies off. The final battle with Genesis in CC was pretty awesome though, can't lie.

147.png

#13 Last Tsurugi

Last Tsurugi

Page

• Page
  • 39 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 04:05 PM

I think that she may stay there forever. She was forever guilty for not only letting Vincent die, but pushing him away before that happened. She began to distance herself from him after she found out that she used to work under his father, and she realized too late what she had done, which put all the guilt and sadness in her heart.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

These Signatures and Avatar was made by me. Userbar made by Deadly-Dreamer X!

#14 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:30 PM

Last post May 16th? The hell.

Anyway, Been replaying it recently. In Mt. Nibel right now. And OMGWTF. Nanaki is freaking beast. >__o He deals well over anyone in terms of damage. God, I forgot he was this damn god after Cosmo Canyon. He even already has his Final Limit. Using a team of Cloud, Nanaki and Vinccent. Need to get more Sources for Vincent to boost a few of his stats up. I used all the oens I got in the game so far on him and he's... pretty damn good. Can't wait to get to him a new weapon though. Then again, Sniper CR + Deathblow is just... wut. >_>;

Also, I still freaking hate Yuffie. I don't know why I ever liked her on my first play through. She isn't better then anyone else in anything. >.o Barret/Vincent are better long Range fighters. Nanaki, Cloud, Aeris, Cait Sith are better mages. So... until I get her Conformer she's probably going to not be in my part unless her level goes stupid low. Like trying to keep everyone around the same level... but Cloud always gets to be at least 5-6 higher then everyone x_x At least it levels out a bit later on or when I get EXP Plus... so it doesn't really matter. Vincent and Nanaki will probably always stay in my party for the mean time. At the very least, one of them will. Leaning towards Nanaki always being in until everyone else gets 60+ Attack weapons.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#15 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 06:44 PM

Last post May 16th? The hell.

Anyway, Been replaying it recently. In Mt. Nibel right now. And OMGWTF. Nanaki is freaking beast. >__o He deals well over anyone in terms of damage.

Thanks Seto <3

God, I forgot he was this damn god after Cosmo Canyon. He even already has his Final Limit.

Don't worry, he'll start sucking real soon. His usefulness goes down very quickly when everyone else gets equivalent weapons.

Can't wait to get to him a new weapon though. Then again, Sniper CR + Deathblow is just... wut. >_>;

Deathblow is Vincent's attack command >.>

Also, I still freaking hate Yuffie. I don't know why I ever liked her on my first play through. She isn't better then anyone else in anything. >.o

She has a healing limit break >_>;;

Barret/Vincent are better long Range fighters.

Eh. Debatable. Barret is kind of meh. Barret has more vitality + health, but she can deal much more damage I find.

Nanaki, Cloud, Aeris, Cait Sith are better mages.

She's still the absolute fastest character in the game. Bump up the battle speed, give her sprint shoes, etc etc.

So... until I get her Conformer she's probably going to not be in my part unless her level goes stupid low.

That's like damn near end of the game. She's not as bad as you think. Go up an HP Up and shh.

Like trying to keep everyone around the same level... but Cloud always gets to be at least 5-6 higher then everyone

The wonders of not being allowed to take him off the party >.>

At least it levels out a bit later on or when I get EXP Plus

You mean when you hit 99, right? I never really used EXP Plus for leveling. Since you get so much damn exp from leveling materia if you level them like I do at Mideel (why no one else does this is beyond me)

147.png

#16 Crimson Wolf

Crimson Wolf

Page

• Page
  • 57 posts

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:45 PM

What I do if I want to level up a specific character more, is kill the other two, then just battle using the one character, the other two staying dead after the battles, not gaining experience, while the one character does, the one you want to get leveled up. ;)

Nanaki is by far my favourite Final Fantasy character, period, so I make a point of getting and keeping his level the highest. :tonguesmile:

Posted Image

#17 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 09:58 PM

I really haven't done that myself... I feel bad for killing off characters for the purpose of just leveling them higher or so. I hated doing it in FF X at times but it does help I'll say...

And as for Yuffie... ehhh... I suppose I'm being a bit too harsh on her. I just find that anything she is good at I have someone that can be better. But then again, if you add up all she can do together she's pretty good. I suppose once Aeris is gone I'll be using her for her healing Limit since that helps out. It's what I used to do way back on my first play through. Always used Cloud, Tifa/Barret, and Aeris/Yuffie. I didn't get Vincent at first on my first playthrough. Went back and got him some time later? I think after getting Tiny Bronco for sure. Maybe even later then that... I had a crappy control that would mess up the safe and the whole number thing so It wasn't the greatest...

I'd put an HP Plus on Yuffie if I had one. Or rather... could go buy one. >_> I'm sort of broke at the moment... Got a fair amount of Gil from Mt. Nibel though. But I don't feel like backtracking to go and get it. >.o Can't remember if there's anywhere else to get it besides Cosmo.

And... I level materia up in Mideel too really. Being able to attack all enemies at once makes it... really... easy... And I just meant that Cloud not being in the party for that one period will help me get everyone caught up to him. >_>;

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#18 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:06 PM

I'd put an HP Plus on Yuffie if I had one. Or rather... could go buy one. >_> I'm sort of broke at the moment... Got a fair amount of Gil from Mt. Nibel though. But I don't feel like backtracking to go and get it. >.o Can't remember if there's anywhere else to get it besides Cosmo.

I take it you haven't mastered any All materia yet, eh? You might find it to be a worthwhile time investment to bump one to max level and sell it off. One mastered All materia gives you all the Gil you will ever need or want in that game forever. If you did master one and didn't sell it, shame on you. :|

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#19 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:08 PM

Nope. Haven't mastered one just yet on this play through. I haven't done much really. Only just got past Mt. Nibel. Highest All is.. currently... 10,000 AP from being mastered. <_< I'm close but I haven't done any massive AP farming yet. Usually wait till I get everyone or at least Disc Two to do anything rather big..

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 March 2011 - 10:11 PM

I take it you haven't mastered any All materia yet, eh? You might find it to be a worthwhile time investment to bump one to max level and sell it off. One mastered All materia gives you all the Gil you will ever need or want in that game forever. If you did master one and didn't sell it, shame on you. :|

You need a decent amount of AP to master an All. Usually I don't even master an All before the end of Disc 1. It's difficult to do quickly/efficiently without double/triple weapons. You can buy the double armor in Costa Del Sol, but even then they're absolutely horrible and only have two slots. Single growth sucks the big one.

I don't recall HP/MP up being sold anywhere else, but HP up is always worth getting before you clear Nibelheim, since returning to Cosmo Canyon takes a while after that. I assume you hopped on the buggy and made it back to the first continent so that you could get White Wind once you got Manipulate, right? You could do a Condor battle for cash, or you could fight dem birdies in the forest once you get back. Even those stupid bugs in mount Nibel give decent enough cash. Or sell stuff. They're only what... 8k? If you bought everyone's CC weapon, you can afford an HP Up >_>

147.png