• Please log in to reply
195 replies to this topic

#21 luna_diviner

luna_diviner

Page

• Page
  • 14 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 05:59 PM

Oh, yes. It is quite amazing. Even in my backwater hick town, it showed in 3D, ad it was excellent. Plot is somewhat predictable once you learn the names of the characters, so long as you know your ancient Mythology. But still, quite excellent. It's pretty much a guy's movie. Oh. And there will be 2, I repeat TWO, places in the movie where popular culture will force you to open your lips and speak.

#22 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 11:56 PM

Thor was pretty fuckin sweet, and it definitely had the most Avengers allusions this time around.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#23 luna_diviner

luna_diviner

Page

• Page
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 May 2011 - 12:11 AM

Especially with the early cameo of one of the Avengers. (Played by Jeremy Renner, so as not to spoil.) The post-credits teaser leaves you wondering what the next villian will be though.

#24 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2011 - 04:40 PM

So, Saw Thor and omg, It was actually was better then what I thought it would be. It was funny as hell and the running gag of her hitting him with her car was funny. I know a lot of people said the action scenes were lacking, I don't see how really. There was enough for me. Ending made me Ugh. Ending 2 after the credits made my nerdgasm senses go crazy though.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#25 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:33 PM

I loved the taser gag myself but yeah the second ending was epic win, I was thinking there wouldn't be one when the lines Thor will return popped up and then the screen went black for a minute...made me wanna punch a baby, then I saw it and was like yush. However I went and saw the 3D version because my friend wanted to and was disappointed there wasn't much 3D to it. It's not that I like 3D but when I pay like 2-3 bucks extra for it you better give me 3D!!

#26 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:35 PM

Lol. Taser gag was pretty funny. Him in the hospital with the tranquilizer was hilarious too.

Sucks that 3D was... lacking really. You'd think with all the special effects they'd have something great out of it really.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#27 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 17 May 2011 - 10:37 PM

Lol. Taser gag was pretty funny. Him in the hospital with the tranquilizer was hilarious too.

Sucks that 3D was... lacking really. You'd think with all the special effects they'd have something great out of it really.

That's what I thought too but to be honest there was more 3D in the Conan trailer than there was in the whole movie. >_>;

#28 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 08:49 PM

http://www.prettymuc...ers-teaser-leak

SOME ASSEMBLY REQUIRED.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 20 July 2011 - 08:52 PM.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#29 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 20 July 2011 - 09:43 PM

As promised, my friend just got back from the free pre screening of Captain America. His response on my facing book:

Captain America: suck fest. Worse than Spider-Man 3 level of suck. No plot, shitty puns, bad cuts, and senseless "action" scenes: "hmm, shooting him from the front doesn't seem to work because of that small shield... I should run up from behind him with my gun - not firing, of course - and then get punched in the face! That's just gotta work!" I now have serious doubts about The Avengers.

‎=/ sorry - my opinion could be different from yours! I just felt like they were trying to cover too much and had to glaze over a lot to fit it into 2 hours (loose plot), and then every 10 minutes or so it felt like there was a "zinger" that just broke the pace even more =/ But! I was never a huge fan of Cap to begin with, so maybe I'm biased?

He's usually pretty good with films from my experience. We like a lot of the same films. So yeah. There's your negative review of Captain America. CAN IT BE AS BAD AS THIS? Probably not, but go see it for yourself when it hits theaters!

Too lazy to tag this thread. please do so in my stead.

147.png

#30 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:41 PM

That kind of sucks. I was pumped for the film too. It's not the first bad review I've seen/heard from it as well. I'll have to still judge for myself but it seems like it wont be the Captain America movie I was hoping for.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#31 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:43 PM

Also he said there was nothing post creds but before the movie they had the Avengers teaser. He said it is possible that they moved it from the end to the beginning just for the pre-screening, but it's just speculation.

147.png

#32 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 July 2011 - 03:44 PM

They probably did, least I would think. Give them something to be all excited for right at the beginning. Might make them get good press from it. Trying to keep you hyped and such and keep you at a high.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#33 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 04:30 PM

Avengers trailer! O:

E9cuGZJ9DP0

After seeing Thor, not having seen Cap yet, I am actually quite excited for this film in no small part due to the presence of Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark and Sam Jackson's Nick Fury. My hopes might be a bit TOO high, but, hey, if they can make me like Thor, I'm sure they'll do well with this.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#34 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:12 PM

I saw it earlier this morning. SO EPICCCCCCCCCCCC

SAM JACKSON Y U SO EPIC!?!?!?!?!

I am so excited for this movie, though this Hulk looks a bit boring because his roar at the end wasn't as awesome as the Ed Norton's Hulk.

Oh wait.....

#35 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 October 2011 - 06:22 PM

>Implying anyone could ever be as awesome as Ed Norton.

U so silly.

Okay yeah. That looks pretty good. Kind of loving how much chemistry some of them have in just that brief trailer.

Having seen nothing but Iron Man and 2, when the hell was Hawkeye formally introduced? I know he was hinted at in one of the movies (Thor? I forget...) but now he's like... an obscure top billing hero with Black Widow (assuming that's her, I can't remember).

Seems weird to have Hawkeye, Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, Captain America, Nick Fury. One of these is not like the others.

Edited by Valor, 11 October 2011 - 06:25 PM.

147.png

#36 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 October 2011 - 09:56 PM

Seems weird to have Hawkeye, Iron Man, Thor, the Hulk, Captain America, Nick Fury. One of these is not like the others.

Well, Iron Man, Thor, and Hulk (along with Ant-Man and Wasp) were the founders of the Avengers in the comics. Cap and Hawkeye didn't join to till later issues, though Cap was ret-conned as a founder later.

And um, Nick Fury...well....S.H.I.E.L.D. had nothing to do with the founding of the Avengers.

And Hawkeye only had a cameo in Thor, but he was supposed to have his own movie before the Avengers film, but now I think it's scheduled to come out afterwards.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 21 October 2011 - 09:04 PM.

Oh wait.....

#37 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 03:35 PM

D: It's going to be epic. ;-; Makes me wish that they'd make films outside of the Avengers just because of how well this is going. A Black Panther film would be soooo awesome and it could go with the Avengers.

And a Fantastic Four reboot would be the shiz.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#38 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:27 PM

A Fantastic Four reboot would still be made by Sony unless Marvel bought the film rights back.

Anyone counting on a TV Spot to be shown for The Avengers during Super Bowl commercials this year? Maybe a full shot by Hulk? A look at the Skrulls?

Oh wait.....

#39 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:30 PM

Yea, I figure we'll get a nice long trailer for the superbowl. Probably see the Hulk in it, I don't see why they wouldn't show him. The Skrulls would be pretty interesting to see really.

Is it possible for super skrull to be in the avengers movie? I know that he's more Fantastic Four but I didn't know if he'd be able to come into this movie and just be all like "oh yea I know them blah blah" or some shit...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#40 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 12 January 2012 - 11:47 PM

Well, Super-Skrull is primarily a villain for the Fantastic Four, so Marvel probably would have to get the film rights back in order to use him. I'm not sure, really. He's appeared outside of Fantastic Four comics.

But then again, if the Skrulls are villains alongside Loki, then I guess they can use Super-Skrull.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 12 January 2012 - 11:50 PM.

Oh wait.....