Photo
- - - - -

Final Fantasy XV

• Please log in to reply
93 replies to this topic

Poll: Will it be on the Xbox 360 as well? (11 member(s) have cast votes)

Will it be on the Xbox 360 as well?

1. Yes. (5 votes [45.45%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 45.45%

2. No. (4 votes [36.36%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 36.36%

3. The Wii Maybe (2 votes [18.18%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 18.18%

4. OTHER (0 votes [0.00%])

Percentage of vote: 0.00%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 05:19 PM

I have recently looked up info on Final Fantasy Versus 13 and saw some good news! It has been confirmed that the story has been finalized(the last thing I heard about the game they were working on the clothing, but that was a LONG time ago).Also it looks like FFV13 might be appearing at TGS this year.But there is more: Here is a link to gameplay scans and an interview: Final Fantasy Versus XIII ~ FinalFantasyVersusXIII.net Thought I would give you guys this heads up incase you don't know.This was the only place I found the scans in pretty good quality and with an interview attached.

Looks freaking great. I hope it doesn't dissappoint like FFXIII did. I want the gameplay to be something like Crisis Core, which was Kingdom hearts and old school final fantasy at the same time. :o

Any news on Agito, btw?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#22 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:00 PM

I hope it doesn't dissappoint like FFXIII did.

I will slap you.

147.png

#23 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:01 PM

I will slap you.

oh rly?

The soundtrack, visuals, story, everything was amazing.

Buuutttt

It didn't have the FF feel to it. And that, was made me groan. Too many cutscenes also.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#24 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:10 PM

Buuutttt

It didn't have the FF feel to it. And that, was made me groan. Too many cutscenes also.

Define the FF feel. Every game is vastly different from the one that came before it. If this is the only negative, then why was it disappointing? Too many cutscenes? I disagree. You've played MGS4 and said that FF13 had too many cutscenes? I am disappoint.

Besides, Final Fantasy revolves around the cutscene. It always has. Now people are up in arms flailing about "OMG ITS LIKE U DO A SEKSHUN OF GAEM AND THEN CUTSCENE THEN U DO ANOTHER DUNGEON AND BAM CUTSCENE!"... welcome to every freaking game on the market.

147.png

#25 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:17 PM

Define the FF feel. Every game is vastly different from the one that came before it. If this is the only negative, then why was it disappointing? Too many cutscenes? I disagree. You've played MGS4 and said that FF13 had too many cutscenes? I am disappoint.

Besides, Final Fantasy revolves around the cutscene. It always has. Now people are up in arms flailing about "OMG ITS LIKE U DO A SEKSHUN OF GAEM AND THEN CUTSCENE THEN U DO ANOTHER DUNGEON AND BAM CUTSCENE!"... welcome to every freaking game on the market.

yah, that was MGS4's downside. The cutscenes in FF13 were rather tedious and did not progress the story as much as I would have liked. <<

FF13 as a game alone is outstanding, I said that myself.

>_> But as a Final Fantasy, it disappointed me. I found some of the characters just ughhh. Vanille played a large role in this. I spent half the game on mute just so that I didn't have to hear that stupid fake accented voice. Hope was a total dingbat. "I'M HOPELESS." You're name is "Hope" for cryin' out loud. Lightning was all "GEE, I CAN'T LOSSEN UP. I WAS A SOLDIER AND I'M ALL BADASS" Snow and Sazh were the only two characters I didn't mind. Fang....well... she was just weird. So yah.

And I guess you're right, there is no definition for Final Fantasy feel. The sci fi look for everything sort've made me go "bleh" Final Fantasy makes you want to think of a big guy with a huge sword, sitting on a chocobo in the woods, surrounded by his trusty comrades, a dragoon, mages and ninja. :D

Atleast that's how I see it. >>

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#26 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 05 July 2010 - 06:23 PM

yah, that was MGS4's downside. The cutscenes in FF13 were rather tedious and did not progress the story as much as I would have liked. <<

I cannot think of a superfluous cut scene as I stand here in my kitchen warming up white castle burgers. All of them moved the story forward in some way or another.

I spent half the game on mute just so that I didn't have to hear that stupid fake accented voice.

The voice actress is Australian. That's not a fake accent. I liked her voice very much and I was expecting her to make me want to slaughter innocents by being the second coming of Selphie.

I dislike Hope for many reasons. I will not defend him. Alexander chose poorly.

Lightning was all "GEE, I CAN'T LOSSEN UP. I WAS A SOLDIER AND I'M ALL BADASS"

*slaps* You just don't understand her.

And I guess you're right, there is no definition for Final Fantasy feel. The sci fi look for everything sort've made me go "bleh" Final Fantasy makes you want to think of a big guy with a huge sword, sitting on a chocobo in the woods, surrounded by his trusty comrades, a dragoon, mages and ninja. :D

Atleast that's how I see it. >>

AND YET YOU LOOK FORWARD TO VERSUS BECAUSE ITS SET IN A MODERN WORLD WITH CARS AND GUNS. YOU MAKE NO SENSE TO ME.

It's like Final Fantasy VII except less steam punk and more super shiny Star Ocean styled futuristic technology.

You're thinking of Tactics, clearly, which you should go play. Final Fantasies since Six have not been set out in the wilderness like that. The closest is actually Final Fantasy IX. I dunno, I get what you're saying but this game did not disappoint me at all ._. It's one of the best I've played in a long time. (actual years, not game titles)

147.png

#27 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 05 July 2010 - 07:27 PM

Looks freaking great. I hope it doesn't dissappoint like FFXIII did. I want the gameplay to be something like Crisis Core, which was Kingdom hearts and old school final fantasy at the same time. :o

Any news on Agito, btw?

Unfortunately, nothing big.At the same site I got this info from, the only new info on Agito I saw(which was just above the same Versus XIII info on the main page), was a mini-interview with the director Hajime Tabata and producer Yoshinori Kitase.They just said that it is progressing steadily and saying how fans will like it but no juicey info on it really.

Edited by Maru, 05 July 2010 - 07:29 PM.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

"One must always plan a few moves ahead in battle." -Char Aznable

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 05 July 2010 - 08:37 PM

Unfortunately, nothing big.At the same site I got this info from, the only new info on Agito I saw(which was just above the same Versus XIII info on the main page), was a mini-interview with the director Hajime Tabata and producer Yoshinori Kitase.They just said that it is progressing steadily and saying how fans will like it but no juicey info on it really.

Meh. I just hope it comes to NA. There have been no announcements on the matter so meh. With S-E, you can never know these days.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#29 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:25 PM

Meh. I just hope it comes to NA. There have been no announcements on the matter so meh. With S-E, you can never know these days.

Exactly, Dion.With S-E, you never know.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

#30 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 05 July 2010 - 09:30 PM

Exactly, Dion.With S-E, you never know.

Its a PS3 title, budget was too big, expect it to arrive in the states and europe. The thing that you can never know about S-E is when those versions will arrive. At first it took a while to make the localization possible and as time went on that time period needed decreased. However, lately that localization period has increased. So, you never can tell.

#31 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 14 August 2010 - 05:11 PM

Here's an update, it's not much, but it is better than nothing.Nomura has confirmed that Final Fantasy Versus XIII is far enough along in development for voice casting and is starting it.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

#32 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 26 August 2010 - 10:47 AM

From recent news, it seems that Versus is going to be delayed yet again for some time and might not get a release till 2012 or late 2012 at that. I'm starting to wonder if the game will even ever come out at this point. I'm really hoping for some kind of news at the TGS.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#33 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 26 August 2010 - 12:57 PM

It's already the best looking game on a console, any other company would have released it by now. But you know S-E, they like making their games epic.

#34 Maru

Maru

Page

• Squire
  • 201 posts
  • R.I.P. AnimeCrazy.net

Posted 26 August 2010 - 02:56 PM

From recent news, it seems that Versus is going to be delayed yet again for some time and might not get a release till 2012 or late 2012 at that. I'm starting to wonder if the game will even ever come out at this point. I'm really hoping for some kind of news at the TGS.

Well Luffy, from what I have been hearing Final Fantasy Versus XIII will be at TGS this year, except that it won't be much of a presentation I'm afraid.I'm still hoping it comes out next year, but as Lex says, you never know with S-E.I'll keep you guys posted.

1xh6ju2xhdiv2z9lsom.jpg

#35 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:40 PM

The gameplay trailer from TGS has been leaked online. Not much to it, but it looks pretty good.

Dailymotion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gameplay TGS 2010 - une vidéo Jeux vidéo

Also, I find it pretty cool that blood actually spurts out of the behemoth when Noctis slashes it with his sword. That's a first for Final Fantasy games, right?

#36 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:47 PM

The gameplay trailer from TGS has been leaked online. Not much to it, but it looks pretty good.

Dailymotion - Final Fantasy Versus XIII Gameplay TGS 2010 - une vidéo Jeux vidéo

Also, I find it pretty cool that blood actually spurts out of the behemoth when Noctis slashes it with his sword. That's a first for Final Fantasy games, right?

oh wow. i saw the blood too lol the gameplay reminds me a lot of FFXIII. i think ill enjoy that u can freely move around each location and junk.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#37 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:09 PM

1A0AU1eNSXk

GAMEPLAY TRAILER. YES.

#38 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 January 2011 - 12:16 PM

Yeah, I just saw this also and showed it to Iggy. It looks incredible.

147.png

#39 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:37 PM

I like how it has more focus on the present/future and realism. I can see the Babel influence in the intro ._. So much more realistic looking too... S-E is really taking advantage of new technologies and looking at competitors/works of others.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#40 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 25 January 2011 - 02:14 PM

I just took a new look at this trailer and I'm telling you right now this will be the best Final Fantasy game created. Basically the entire Kingdom Hearts team is making it along with some FF team.

http://www.veoh.com/...6902105DR7q4CJ3

And some new info on it

http://ps3.ign.com/a.../1145870p1.html

So no way it's coming out in 11 :( MEGA GAY!

But notice in the trailer there's a guy with green hair and another in brown hair that look exactly alike now do you think they're the same person orrrr maybe brothers?

a>