17 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:19 PM

Posted Image

Set in the magical kingdom of Leá Monde, Vagrant Story follows the story of Riskbreaker, a special division in the Valendia Knights of the Peace, Ashley Riot. Ashley is blamed for the murder of Duke Bardorba, a Valendian Parliament member and the game discloses the events one week prior to the murder. The battle system of this game is unique, and none like it has quite been seen. The ability to expand in this game is limitless. Vagrant Story truly set the bar for modern day dungeon crawlers/RPGs.

Edited by Dion, 14 May 2010 - 12:23 PM.

#2 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 12:56 PM

Yes, this is one unique game; but in truth it is a conglomeration of many other Square games. The only thing that I detest in this game is that there are boss battle right after the other, it is like an endless barrage of bosses. But this game does deliver the fun, I just love the creepy dungeons.
You don't exist

#3 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 01:03 PM

Yes, this is one unique game; but in truth it is a conglomeration of many other Square games. The only thing that I detest in this game is that there are boss battle right after the other, it is like an endless barrage of bosses. But this game does deliver the fun, I just love the creepy dungeons.

True, but that's what makes it special. The absence of towns and cities and a currency just make it all the more interesting. It goes to show that you can have a decent RPG without all of the "Level up" hassle. Plus, it's a pretty fast paced game so I guess the Boss after Boss makes sense. Also, you must take into consideration the fact that it was designed as a Dungeon Crawler.

#4 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:17 PM

Sounds very interesting; something I'd like. Is it newer?

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:19 PM

Sounds very interesting; something I'd like. Is it newer?

Well it was released in about 2000. It's pretty rare nowadays and sells for about $80 (US). Frustrating, I know. But I'm pretty sure you'd like it.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#6 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:20 PM

..Eighty bucks? Geez, there goes my hopes and dreams.

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:24 PM

..Eighty bucks? Geez, there goes my hopes and dreams.

If you have a PSP or PS3 you can buy it for a mere 10 bucks on PSN. But it's not the same as owning a CD.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#8 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:27 PM

I guess I could try that with my PSP. Ten bucks sounds a lot better than eighty.

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 03:44 PM

I guess I could try that with my PSP. Ten bucks sounds a lot better than eighty.

Tell me what you think, if you pick it up. :)

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 15 May 2010 - 05:26 PM

This game was by all means, fantastic. GO IVALICE.

#11 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 16 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

I am re-playing it. I got where the Crab boss is. I don't know how to bring this tough crabby crab down!
You don't exist

#12 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 08 July 2010 - 03:43 AM

I think I would very much so enjoy a remake of this, but just in the graphics, sound, etc. And of course for the ps3.

#13 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:21 PM

I think I would very much so enjoy a remake of this, but just in the graphics, sound, etc. And of course for the ps3.

Well, the games on PSN for Europe, I don't think it's coming to NA PSN. Idk why. I don't think a remake is called for. It would probably get bad reviews for being too short, which I think it sort of was.....

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#14 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:52 PM

Well, the games on PSN for Europe, I don't think it's coming to NA PSN. Idk why. I don't think a remake is called for. It would probably get bad reviews for being too short, which I think it sort of was.....

So? sell it for 30 bucks or add new bosses and stuff not part of the story. lol....ghost train

#15 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:54 PM

So? sell it for 30 bucks or add new bosses and stuff not part of the story. lol....ghost train

Optional missions...a whole bunch of them...would be awesome....freaking great. Plus, I doubt they'd sell for 30 bucks. It's impossible. They're selling FF 7-9 on PSN for 10 bucks each. And they have no improvements. No trophies, etc.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#16 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 08 July 2010 - 04:57 PM

Optional missions...a whole bunch of them...would be awesome....freaking great. Plus, I doubt they'd sell for 30 bucks. It's impossible. They're selling FF 7-9 on PSN for 10 bucks each. And they have no improvements. No trophies, etc.

WELLL, dot hero sold for $40, so maybe they can settle there. They usually do, with complete remakes and new games on the ds. I guess if the fans could convince them...man i hate the ds. Despite the powerful ps3 and xbawx 360 we have, they just develop for the freaking ds. Why?

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 08 July 2011 - 09:33 AM

So I just picked this up on the PSN a few days ago. Gotta say I feel a bit lost in my first play. I'm running with about five of my weapon slots filled, dedicated Human/Beast weapon, dedicated Undead spear. I just finished off the Golem/Rock thing boss in the sanctum using only Reflect Damage. I assume he was weak against Blunt weapons, of which I am not carrying any. My spears/swords were doing <5 damage a shot. The damn level up esque wheel after bosses is pissing me off since I've hit MP+2 three times in a row. Kind of frustrating.

Fun game so far, but I don't see what's so difficult as of yet. Any tips for a first timer in terms of which weapons to use, what to assemble/look for?

147.png

#18 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

Fun game so far, but I don't see what's so difficult as of yet. Any tips for a first timer in terms of which weapons to use, what to assemble/look for?

Nothing. Just play the game as you would play it without knowing anything. Thats how I played it for the first 3 times. It takes a while to get used to all the customization.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg