• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:44 PM

So we all have them, those quotes and such that we hear and can't help but laugh every time we hear them. Many times we have more then one, and as we hear more our favorites grow and grow.

So post your favorite quotes and such! They can be from movies, songs, shows, or something your friends or family have said.

It's like stupid in stereo
-Mandy from The Grim Adventures of Billy and Mandy

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#2 Jolteon

Jolteon

Page

• Page
  • 20 posts

Posted 27 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

Ahh yes, you are bound to get some intersting quotes through this!

Rocker Fuel Molt Liquor! DAMN!
-Bill McNiel from Newsradio
Posted Image Bedtime....

#3 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 02 July 2011 - 03:07 AM

Found this recently.

In dark ages people are best guided by religion, as in a pitch-black night a blind man is the best guide; he knows the roads and paths better than a man who can see. When daylight comes, however, it is foolish to use blind old men as guides.

- Heinrich Heine

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#4 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 07:02 PM

“Bruce had me up to three miles a day, really at a good pace. We’d run the three miles in twenty-one or twenty-two minutes. Just under eight minutes a mile [Note: when running on his own in 1968, Lee would get his time down to six-and-a half minutes per mile]. So this morning he said to me “We’re going to go five.” I said, “Bruce, I can’t go five. I’m a helluva lot older than you are, and I can’t do five.” He said, “When we get to three, we’ll shift gears and it’s only two more and you’ll do it.” I said “Okay, hell, I’ll go for it.” So we get to three, we go into the fourth mile and I’m okay for three or four minutes, and then I really begin to give out. I’m tired, my heart’s pounding, I can’t go any more and so I say to him, “Bruce if I run any more,” —and we’re still running-“if I run any more I’m liable to have a heart attack and die.” He said, “Then die.” It made me so mad that I went the full five miles. Afterward I went to the shower and then I wanted to talk to him about it. I said, you know, “Why did you say that?” He said, “Because you might as well be dead. Seriously, if you always put limits on what you can do, physical or anything else, it’ll spread over into the rest of your life. It’ll spread into your work, into your morality, into your entire being. There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them. If it kills you, it kills you. A man must constantly exceed his level.”

-From The Art of Expressing the Human Body

By Bruce Lee, John Little

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 08:42 PM

"FOIL! FIRST! OUTER! INNER! LAST!"
"Soh-Cah-Toa!" Sho Minamoto/Pi Face- The World Ends With You

"I'm no hero. Never was... never will be."
"It's not justice, it's a hired hit." Old Snake- Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 09:26 AM

http://lnbrl.tumblr....post/4559438237

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#7 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 04 August 2011 - 10:48 AM

"There is no reason why within the next 10 years we can't figure out how to extend the lifetime of the people sitting here to 150 years and within that 150 years, we'll figure out how to extend it to a 1,000 years"

- Aubrey de Grey

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#8 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 04 August 2011 - 11:49 PM

"it's not good girl gone bad; its just bad girl found out"

love that one. (:

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#9 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:08 PM

We start off with high hopes, then we bottle it. We realize that we’re all going to die, without really finding out the big answers. We develop all those long-winded ideas which just interpret the reality of our lives in different ways, without really extending our body of worthwhile knowledge, about the big things, the real things. Basically, we live a short disappointing life; and then we die. We fill up our lives with shit, things like careers and relationships to delude ourselves that it isn’t all totally pointless. - Irvine Welsh

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#10 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 15 September 2011 - 05:06 AM

http://improper.tumb...is-perfect-yeah

Posted Image

This is such bullshit. No one is perfect, yeah your right, people lie but you vote for people
who hold the closest values to yours. You vote for people who support your lifestyle to the
best they can.
You start by voting in your county/district, then by your state, then by your
president. You don’t just vote for your president and think for one moment you have the
right to complain.
Your president isn’t the only person who changes things.

Go out and vote for your Senators, Go out and vote for your Governors, Go out and vote for
your House Representative, Go out and vote for your Attorney General, Go out and votes for
your CFO, Go out and vote for your Commissioner Of Agriculture (you fucking vegans). Go
out and vote for all the other positions too, Go out and vote America.

Sitting on your ass and complaining about how people don’t stick to their values is a bullshit
and the lazy way out. If they don’t stick to their word then go out and vote and make sure they
don’t get voted back in. And that means paying the fuck attention to more then just what
the tv ads say they did come next election.

I swear to fucking god i’ve had it with people who complain about not liking politics and not
liking our country. This is America damnit, and if you don’t like then then don’t leave, you stay
and fight for your values. Hell, the teabaggers might be the devil, but atleast they realize you
have to stand up for change.

Seriously just go out and vote. And not just for people, don’t forget to vote
for amendments too.

REMEMBER IF YOUR NOT VOTING THIS SOMEONE WITH OPPOSING VALUES IS.

- http://improper.tumblr.com/ (note: contains NSFW content)

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#11 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 12 December 2011 - 03:27 AM

"Every Scientific truth goes through three stages. First, people say it conflicts with the Bible. Next, they say it has been discovered before. Lastly, they say they have always believed in it." --Louis Agassiz
Posted Image