#21 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 08 June 2011 - 12:10 AM

AND the Xbox 360?

Seriously? Their getting for the Xbox 360 as well :o Now I won't have to miss out, you go Hideo! But I guess it makes sense since their releasing Rising for the Xbox, it's not a bad idea to let Xbox owners get their hands on the HD collection as well.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#22 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 12:54 PM

Hideo Kojima is dead to me.

#23 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:32 PM

Hideo Kojima is dead to me.

Hideo Kojima was never fully committed to Sony, Dion. For example, Snake's cameo in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid for the Gameboy Color, and Metal Gear Solid 3D: The Naked Sample shows that he isn't just committed to Sony. In fact, it's a smart move for him to be branching out and it only makes sense to make the HD Collection for 360 as well, since Rising is going to be on it as well. No need to be so butthurt about loyalties.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#24 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:34 PM

Hideo Kojima was never fully committed to Sony, Dion. For example, Snake's cameo in Super Smash Bros. Brawl, Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes, Metal Gear Solid for the Gameboy Color, and Metal Gear Solid 3D: The Naked Sample shows that he isn't just committed to Sony. In fact, it's a smart move for him to be branching out and it only makes sense to make the HD Collection for 360 as well, since Rising is going to be on it as well. No need to be so butthurt about loyalties.

Snake's cameo in SSBB was because Nintendo BEGGED him, literally. However, for the most case, MGS has been a series exclusive to Sony. Ghost Babel was not canonical. Twin Snakes was a mere remake. The Nakes Sample is the same. The case in question is potentially half the canonical series with MGS2, MGS3 and PW. :/

#25 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 04:54 PM

Snake's cameo in SSBB was because Nintendo BEGGED him, literally. However, for the most case, MGS has been a series exclusive to Sony. Ghost Babel was not canonical. Twin Snakes was a mere remake. The Nakes Sample is the same. The case in question is potentially half the canonical series with MGS2, MGS3 and PW. :/

Dion, developers today can't rely on company loyalties nowadays. Back in the day, it would have worked. Let me tell you the tale of a game I like to call Battlefield. See, Battlefield used to be a PC exclusive series and still has a very loyal fanbase on the PC. However, they wanted to acquire more of this substance we call money. So, with Battlefield: Bad Company, they migrated to the PS3 and Xbox 360. With that success met, they made Bad Company 2 and it was deemed one of the greatest FPS' on the market. They lived happily ever after and are currently making Battlefield 3 for all of the consoles, even the Wii U.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#26 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Dion, developers today can't rely on company loyalties nowadays. Back in the day, it would have worked. Let me tell you the tale of a game I like to call Battlefield. See, Battlefield used to be a PC exclusive series and still has a very loyal fanbase on the PC. However, they wanted to acquire more of this substance we call money. So, with Battlefield: Bad Company, they migrated to the PS3 and Xbox 360. With that success met, they made Bad Company 2 and it was deemed one of the greatest FPS' on the market. They lived happily ever after and are currently making Battlefield 3 for all of the consoles, even the Wii U.

You don't understand. Sony is already dying. They don't need competition in this form. -_- Honestly, think about it. If their biggest franchises are moving to multi-platform, how exactly do you expect them to keep up in the race?

#27 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 15 June 2011 - 06:15 PM

You don't understand. Sony is already dying. They don't need competition in this form. -_- Honestly, think about it. If their biggest franchises are moving to multi-platform, how exactly do you expect them to keep up in the race?

Lol, Sony is dying. That is one of the most incorrect things I've heard. Sony is doing fine, since we have some of the best exclusives in the market and has more thriving franchises than Microsoft. Kinect proves it is dying, along with the ending of GoW with 3, the probably unneeded Halo 4, and just a bunch of multiplatform games. Sony owns Microsoft.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#28 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 January 2012 - 03:44 AM

http://www.gameinfor...n-surfaces.aspx

So, don't know if this is old news to everyone, but it looks like the MGS HD collection is gonna be out on the Vita too :o. I'm actually pretty happy, gives me even more reasons to get a vita and stick to playing MGS games on play station consoles.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#29 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:41 PM

Not locked? Good. Necromancing time. Although I blame inactivity on everyone just making more threads for the new games. Why, I dunno.

At any rate, for Q sister on difference in mechanics between MGS1 on PSX and its GC counterpart:

PSX
-No tranq weapons, thus 'no kill' playthroughs are impossible.
-No hanging.
-First person view cannot be used with weapons (besides remote control missiles).
-Have to equip PAN cards to use them.
-Only 4 difficulties, at least for US version: Easy, Normal, Hard, Extreme. Last two always have no radar.
-'Game over when discovered' option not available for any difficulty.
-No dodge rolling.

Basically, just a lot of stuff that you see in MGS2 and later games.

2j87ib.jpg

#30 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 14 May 2015 - 05:34 PM

So if any of you have been following Konami and Kojima's drama lately then you probably know about the cancelled Silent Hills and the removal of Kojima's name on pretty much everything MGS.

Konami is going nuts, though that was obvious when they stopped Silent Hills and removed Kojima's name from everything, and BunnyHop has pretty much gotten more info straight from an employee from the company. You would think that these would just turn into harmless rumours, however this video was released earlier and was then taken down by Konami. If that doesn't hint at how likely all of this information is true then I don't know what is. 

I understand Konami might be wanting to jump onto the mobile gaming bandwagon, particular the gambling one, but cancelling and ending amazing console franchises is the stupidest way to go about it. When you have so many people eyeing these games, talking about it, and planning to buy it then you don't cancel them.

More info on the videos take down: http://kotaku.com/yo...down-1704477268

Video from BunnyHop about the whole fiasco:

https://www.youtube....?&v=0nwPPYkd8gs

Edited by The Dream, 14 May 2015 - 05:38 PM.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one