Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:39 PM

http://marvel.com/ne...d_of_spider-man

Well this certainly makes things very interesting.

I am sad that Marvel didn't fully get the rights to Spidey in movies but it's at least better this way.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 February 2015 - 11:58 PM

YOU BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH. UGH. BUT YESSSS. 

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.

Yas. Omg.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:09 AM

Hahaha.

I saw the article about 2 mintues after it was posted and came to make a post about it.

I figured you or Val would have been one of the first guys to come on and talk about it. >.>

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 12:11 AM

I'm dying inside.

I am so excited I could wet myself.

147.png

#5 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 10 February 2015 - 03:29 PM

I was trying really hard not to care.

This is impossible. Wonder which film he'll show up in, going to be such a good moment when he just drops right in.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#6 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 04:15 PM

no words.

no words to express my excitement

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#7 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:18 PM

The shit thing about this, is that Sinister Six is delayed. Another shit thing? Andrew is out as Spider-Man, who I thought actually did a really decent job as spidey/Peter. So... I hope this works out nicely, but now is the time to actually recast Spidey in new light, Maybe Miles for spidey. It would definately breath new life into the franchise. I just don't know how well it'll do for plans with future movies and what not. Harry wouldn't have much a reason to make S6 if Parker is gone...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#8 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 05:38 PM

See I'm for both Miles and Peter really.

Peter is the first Spider-Man and has so many damn stories to go after. But I do feel like the audience will get a bit confused... But then no one really gets confused by Batman films, so maybe Peter Parker's character will be in the same manner.

Miles is new, refreshing, and very beloved. For PoC, people of color, like myself he's a cool representation in the MCU as a major hero. He's got his own unique powers alongside the traditional Spidey-powers. He's just cool in general, but he doesn't have the most history and that alone is why I'm worried. My love for Peter is also a reason but I definitely see the benefits of Miles Morales as the new Spider-Man of the MCU.

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#9 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:45 AM

I think they might want to do a Miles spidey just to freshen things up... but Miles can't exist without Peter, so idk. They've changed up some of the history for characters in the past, so I woudldn't be surprised if they end up doing Morales and change his history a little.

That said, Peter Parker = Best Spidey

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:51 AM

1. Fuck the Sinister Six. That movie should never happen. Terrible idea. Not interested in it. Kill it.

2. It depends on where they shove Spidey in before 2017. If they include him, for example, in a post credits scene of Avengers 2, then it'll be Peter. if they introduce him in Cap 3 that'll be out before Spidey's movie, it'll maybe be Peter.

The thing is that yeah, Peter has to exist for comic version of Miles to exist. If 2017 isn't an origin movie (please no origin movie. PLEASE NO ORIGIN MOVIE) then it'll probably be Peter Parker as Spidey. You can tell a fun and engaging Spider-Man movie plot without having to give us a beat by beat origin story we've seen two times now on the big screen #StopKillingUncleBen.

I'm all for a Miles Morales Spidey. He's someone I want to know more about and I think would be something new and fun to do with an otherwise stale movie character.

147.png

#11 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:54 AM

Word on road is that the next Spidey flick, which everyone is dubbing Spectacular Spider-Man, will NOT be an origin film and that it will feature a young Peter Parker who's been running around for about a year or less. 

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:57 AM

I agree with Val. No more origin stories, no stupid spin off movies that have no base. Sony can continue the franchise by they really really need to keep Marvel involved in the movie making process so that

1) the spidey universe is well regulated and meshes with the MCU

2) the spidey movies are you know... actually good...

Word on road is that the next Spidey flick, which everyone is dubbing Spectacular Spider-Man, will NOT be an origin film and that it will feature a young Peter Parker who's been running around for about a year or less. 

I like this idea. It is probably the best way for them to go. I wouldnt even be mad if they made a movie of Spidey after Gwen's death and him coming to terms with his abilities as a super hero. That would be neat-o.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#13 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:02 PM

I just want to cry. You guys don't know how bad I've wanted this to happen. Now it's happening. This must be how kids feel on Christmas.

Yeah I think everyone, except for racist white people who complain about "change", is in agreement that Miles Morales is the perfect and logical choice for Marvel/Sony to go with. He'd bring actual DIVERSITY to a roster jam packed with white guys and one woman (until Carol Danvers joins in 2018).  If they do go with Miles, I'd like to see him portrayed by either Tyler James Williams (Chris from Everybody Hates Chris), Donald Glover/Childish Gambino/Spiderish Gambino (from Community. I'm calling him Spiderish Gambino until he's announced as Miles) or Alfred Ennoch (Dean from Harry Potter)

Please God don't let them do an origin story.

Maybe they could retcon the ending of ASM2, where Peter possibly dies in the battle with Rhino, and then that is what brings Miles in? Or just do what The Incredible Hulk did and do the origin story in the opening credits.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 11 February 2015 - 08:05 PM.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#14 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:06 PM

I just want to cry. You guys don't know how bad I've wanted this to happen. Now it's happening. This must be how kids feel on Christmas.

Yeah I think everyone, except for racist white people who complain about "change", is in agreement that Miles Morales is the perfect and logical choice for Marvel/Sony to go with. He'd bring actual DIVERSITY to a roster jam packed with white guys and one woman (until Carol Danvers joins in 2018).

Maybe they could retcon the ending of ASM2, where Peter possibly dies in the battle with Rhino, and then that is what brings Miles in? Or just do what The Incredible Hulk did and do the origin story in the opening credits.

<.< I want Miles in badly, but I don't wanna kill Peter for him. We could have both really, if they play it right. Peter comes first and Miles come second. Peter disappears and Miles pops up. Then when have two Spider-Mans. 

#15 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:09 PM

That's how it happened in the comics, though. Peter died, Miles came in afterward. I know that's the comics but still.

Or they could make the Raimi films canon and have Peter retire and pass the mantle onto Miles. This idea is SUPER, HIGHLY unlikely, but that's the only thing I can think of to makes Miles work in the MCU.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#16 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 08:27 PM

I'm seriously hyping myself up here reading Spider-Man lore.

@_@ Norman Osborn could create H.A.M.M.E.R. and replace S.H.I.E.L.D. on the public level. AoS could pit SHIELD against HAMMER D: omg

#17 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 02:59 PM

I really think the first time we might see Spidey is in Cap 3. They're doing the Civil War thing and I dont know why but I think we'll just see him in it. Avengers 2 being see close seems kind of unlikely he'll be in a special ending credits. Unless this deal has been in the works for a bit and they already have a basic story for how he'll be related.

Cap 3 allows for Spidey to come in as Peter or Miles before showing off he's spider-man.

I'm super pumped about this cause it opens SO MUCH for the MCU to actually do and use. With the netflix series they are doing of other heroes, AoS on tv, they are opening themselves to so much. I can easily see how they said they had movie plans into the 2020s. It's going to suck to see people like Cap, Iron Man, etc leave soon but I think it'll be really fresh to bring in other heroes and such rather then just recasting and changing things, like how DC has done so many times with Batmans and Supermans...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:28 PM

I really think the first time we might see Spidey is in Cap 3. They're doing the Civil War thing and I dont know why but I think we'll just see him in it. Avengers 2 being see close seems kind of unlikely he'll be in a special ending credits. Unless this deal has been in the works for a bit and they already have a basic story for how he'll be related.

Just remember that the end cap of Avengers 1 was shot very shortly before the movie premiered.

Yeah I think everyone, except for racist white people who complain about "change", is in agreement that Miles Morales is the perfect and logical choice for Marvel/Sony to go with. He'd bring actual DIVERSITY to a roster jam packed with white guys and one woman (until Carol Danvers joins in 2018).  If they do go with Miles, I'd like to see him portrayed by either Tyler James Williams (Chris from Everybody Hates Chris), Donald Glover/Childish Gambino/Spiderish Gambino (from Community. I'm calling him Spiderish Gambino until he's announced as Miles) or Alfred Ennoch (Dean from Harry Potter)

No.

Miles is not a perfect OR logical choice whatsoever.

If you want Miles from the comics, it assumes Pete is a thing. Not only is he a thing, he's been a thing for YEARS before he dies. Miles looked up to Pete as Spider-Man and didn't want to don the same costume as him because he respected him as the original Spider-Man. Without that "father figure" to revere, Miles Morales wouldn't be Miles Morales. You can turn him into Spider-Man without a Parker, sure, but his ENTIRE origins have to change. If you're going to do a Peter Parker story only use Miles Morales instead, why bother? Peter Parker already fits the bill. This is only the first point as to why I could argue Miles would be illogical.

Second off, Spidey will cameo in another Marvel movie before his own. This means that if he pops up in, let's say, Civil War before his own movie that means that he'll almost REQUIRE a backstory that we know about because he won't be given much of a treatment to one KIND OF LIKE BRUCE BANNER IN AVENGERS 1. Remember that they didn't give him his own movie - not this treatment. We knew what we knew about him from other sources and the fact that we, as the public, know that Bruce Banner is the Hulk. He is a known quantity. Miles Morales does not have the same sort of Public Awareness™ that you can just shove his face into a movie and suddenly people will say Oh I know this character and require no explanation for him. Peter Parker has that ability to him. Sorry, but it's true.

If you do Miles, you'll ALMOST need to make his 2017 movie a flashbacky origin story to set the foundations for the character. If you do Pete, you can tell a story that moves the MCU forward instead of running in place.

Representation is important, however, and I wouldn't be opposed to a PoC Peter Parker. Definitely not gonna get all uppity about that.

Basically, Miles is a nice choice, but I highly doubt that it'll be him.

147.png

#19 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 12 February 2015 - 03:36 PM

Yea I forgot about that. The seen in Avengers at the end was done like that too. So I guess it's very possible. If they did it, I dont think Spidey would talk, or we'd see Peter. Unless they already know their actor and such for the role. I'd think it'd be like how Xmen showed Apocalypse at the end of DoFP.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#20 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 12 February 2015 - 05:58 PM

I think we'll get an Easter Egg and reference for Spider-Man at the end of AoU with like a daily bugle paper or video that talks ill of the Avengers and that "Spider-Freak" and maybe some bits about Daredevil and SHIELD. Something quick but still like "OH SHIT" because the average movie goer might have not heard of the deal, although that's probably not likely. 

Then we get Spider-Man in Civil War, either as a cameo or a small participating role. 

Also wait, WSJ said Spider-Man will show up in Civil War.  http://io9.com/spide...e-mo-1685001662 ?