1 reply to this topic

#1 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:07 AM

Since it was recently International Women's Day, how about a discussion about this new series where feminism is actually a central theme? This wonderful Netflix original comedy stars Ellie Kemper as Kimmy Schmidt, a woman who was kidnapped by a crazy cult leader and kept in a bunker for 15 years until she was rescued and tries to reintegrate back into society by living in New York City. The show has Tina Fey and Robert Carlock as executive producers which basically makes this show the spiritual successor to 30 Rock.

I actually managed to marathon this in two sittings and I can't wait for season 2. The opening theme by the Gregory Brothers is so damn catchy and certain scenes are really funny/cute like my favorite one (spoilers obviously). If you have Netflix, I highly recommending giving it a shot.

DHHIpKN.png

#2 Yohtoh

Yohtoh

Page

• Page
  • 100 posts
  • The Nostalgic

Posted 10 March 2015 - 11:15 PM

I marathon-ed it till episode 9 and I really liked it. The comedy is really corny and everyone on the show has a groan worthy moment. I recommend to anyone who likes corny funny and quirky characters.

A being without darkness.

Posted Image

Drowning in light.