• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 10 August 2015 - 10:14 PM

I made this thread so we can talk about what we cook or plan on cooking. For me, cooking helps me relax and challenge myself a little, as well as lets me be creative and healthy (if I feel like it). If you don't cook for yourself much, I'd recommend doing so. It's cheaper than eating out all the time and if you need lunch for work, you don't have to stick to sandwiches and chips.

So over the last few years, I've been cooking more and more and right now I feel like I've become rather decent in the kitchen. 

Last two dishes was some Simple Teriyaki Chicken (made to pack for lunch) and Blueberry Stuffed French Toast w/ Blueberry Sauce (made to eat for breakfast, duh).

Both came out really good (I can burn the fuck outta some french toast, so yea...)

:V I'm thinking my next thing lunch idea is going to deal with shrimp while my breakfast will be a new kind of french toast (:v I got half a loaf of texas toast to burn). I might take to making dinner if money ain't too tight. 

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 10 August 2015 - 11:33 PM

I actually cook every meal in the house for dinner every day. Generally make Kains lunches too for work but thats not really hard...

I rarely used to cook until about... 3 years ago? Nothing much more then a TV dinner or a sandwich or something. But now it's a wide range from breading chicken breasts, pork chops, making chicken tacos, making chili from scratch basically, in the summer time I BBQ each weekend. BBQ ranges from burgers to hotdogs and sausages. Want to try ribs and chicken on the grill but i'm sort of unfamiliar with that.

Gotta try making soups and gumbo this winter since we just bought a new slow cooker for it. Got a few different recipes in my head  that I think would turn out rather nice.

Shit thing about cooking for me is a lot of the things that I would be interested in cooking, no one else in the house would eat, so it'd be a waste to actually do so. My dad isnt a terribly picky eater but I know he doesnt care for some things, Kain is pretty hard to cook for, a lot of vegetables, fruits, etc, can't be used in the food so things like chili is limited to just beans and the meat unless she's okay with picking out tomatoes, peppers, and what not. I feel soups and gumbo are going to be hard for that reason since she already picks out everything but chicken and noodles in Chicken noodle soup, no carrots, celery, etc...

Considering the shit i used to eat on a daily basis to now, I've improved quite a bit but still have a lot to go. I'd love to expand things a bit and make more things really.

Would love to make more fruit/veggie things, including smoothies and such since it'd be kinda nice to help out with my diabetes and such.

Cooking is pretty nice and relaxing though. Can be stressful as hell though while im making a big meal since we have a small kitchen. Having to use 4 burns on a stove at once is a bit crazy... two pots with different gravies in them, one but with boiling potatoes for Mashed Potatoes and then some sort of pasta or rice in the other while the oven in on cooking chicken, pork chops, steaks, etc. It can get a bit overwhelming when so many things are going on at the same time and not much room to really move around and place things... but its a nice good meal so it'd pretty worth it. The fucking heat is a bitch though, especially when the oven is at 400 and four stovetops basically boiling the contents... can work up quite a nice sweat from it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2015 - 01:10 AM

The other night I made a potato bacon "torte" with thyme-infused cream and gruyere cheese. It's really simple to make and it turned out really great. I even made the pie crust from scratch, which I don't typically do just to save time, but it turned out really perfect.

I just bought The Geeky Chef Cookbook and I plan to make the recipes out of that over the coming weeks/months. The first one I want to try is a lamb and dried plum stew adapted from a dish in The Hunger Games.

I want to go to culinary school to expand my knowledge and skill set too so we'll see how that goes. :v

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 11 August 2015 - 01:15 AM.