#1 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:30 AM

First off, the title of this thread sucks, I know. I couldn't think of what to call it (I lost the name that I had in mind.) >_>; But ANYWAY, moving on to the point of this thread..

So, I'm looking for a job at the moment, but I'm really not sure where to go. I'm pretty nervous, not to mention, I feel so sure that no matter where I choose to go, I'm going to find out that I made a bad decision. So, I thought I might make a thread asking some of the other members here what kind of things they experienced or went through (or are experiencing/going through, if speaking of at current) at their own jobs. I'm trying to learn what kind of responsibilities I will or might run into and what all I might encounter. I suppose hearing of most any work experiences will do, since I can't know where I will get employed or what I might end up considering. HOWEVER, I will note that the places that I am currently considering are specifically GameStop and Charlotte Russe. If you've worked there or are working there, I would greatly appreciate a reply from you regarding what I've mentioned above. Hearing of experiences at a similar type of store/work place might be quite beneficial, too. Please try to be specific in your reply, and if you don't mind, please state the name of the place(s) you mention. (You don't have to if you really don't want to, though, of course.)

Thanks~

Posted Image

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 June 2010 - 09:54 AM

First place I worked was an old movie theatre. My friend was working there and recommended me. The place was small and they needed help so I basically had a job as soon as I walked in and said hi. Filling out the application was just a formality. Dunno what you think that would entail, but the people were helpful to a degree until I had been there for a while and they got sick of me asking questions every single time. Once I got used to the work it became very easy and second nature.

Current place was looking for something specific which I was willing to do, namely deliveries. So yeah. Filled out application, got a call as soon as I got home. Both of these places are very low key and not very... established named like gamestop and whatnot.

I know to apply to gamestop you can go to their website and fill out an application (Iggy was applying there earlier as well or thinking about it). So that should be relatively easy. It's nerve wracking at first, but people are generally very willing to be helpful and accommodating to new people who start work. Don't stress out over it and start filling out applications.

If you have specific questions you can steal my aim name from alumonster and question me there.

147.png

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 17 June 2010 - 10:11 AM

Retail would be your best option, My first job was being a bagger at winn dixie, It taught me responsibility and to get thing's done whenever the managers asked. But it all depends on you and what you want to do; But in my opinion retail would be the easier option.

a>

#4 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 17 June 2010 - 02:20 PM

retail indeed. its a first step in starting ur new job and its easier. as for me, my first job right now is being a cashier at ShopRite. its alright, the only thing i don't like is that there are times when you'll be standing there not doing anything, waiting for someone to come in your line. there's also a lot to learn when doing the job, but it'll be easy. im getting the hang of it atm lol

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."