66 replies to this topic

#1 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 09 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

Posted Image

I'm saying this right now: Mass Effect is possibly the greatest RPG EVER created, and Mass Effect 2 will more than likely be even better. Any fans of the series? I can't wait till the 26 to get my Collectors Edition.

Also, the achievements for Mass Effect 2 are pretty awesome. http://www.succesful...&l=en&JeuID=594

Are you guys going to import your Paragon character or your Renegade character? I'm probably going to import my Paragon one, then do a Renegade import in my second playthrough.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#2 Alustar

Alustar

Page

• Page
  • 92 posts

Posted 10 January 2010 - 10:08 AM

(Short posts much...)

I played it for a while, I like the fact you can develop relation ships and what not. But I find it to time consuming to answering the way they have you do it. Sometimes I just prefer it to be on a linear story line on 360.

If it was on PC then I could deal with it.

As for the graphics, they are amazing looks spectacular would look even better on a nice gaming rig. The game play is fun and enthralling but lacks in some aspects, to me the controls seem stiff. Hard to explain for me..

But the game I rate 9/10 the only reason why its not a perfect 10 for me is because of the controls.

#3 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 30 January 2010 - 09:19 PM

So Mass Effect 2 totally blows the first Mass Effect out of the water, and definitely gets my pick for Game of the Year. If you haven't picked this up yet, you better find some money and buy it. You really won't be disappointed.

This is just further proof that Mass Effect 2 is one of the best video games ever made.

IGN Advertisement

Edited by Artemis, 02 March 2010 - 05:31 PM.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#4 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2010 - 04:04 PM

This is just further proof that Mass Effect 2 is one of the best video games ever made.

IGN Advertisement

And this is proof that you are DEAD WRONG.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Mass Effect 2

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#5 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 05:55 PM

And this is proof that you are DEAD WRONG.

The Escapist : Video Galleries : Zero Punctuation : Mass Effect 2

It's too bad no one cares about what Zero Punctuation thinks.

Oh wait.....

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:03 PM

It's too bad no one cares about what Zero Punctuation thinks.

You know the Twilight Movies made lots of money, too. We all know that doesn't make them epic/movie-of-the-year, now does it?

Regardless, from what I've seen and heard of the game, it looks to be a nice sequel, but if what Zero Punctuation says is true, it lacks a lot of what I saw in the first one that made it pretty awesome. I mean... a resource-mining minigame...? Sounds like it's rather boring in that aspect, at least. :\ Also~ He's totally right on the whole idea of interactions in the game, so... >_> *shrugs* We'll see how it holds up as the year progresses. There are a fair few big titles coming (that came) out this year (already), so to say it's game of the year this early on would be silly, when other titles may be better.

I can't judge, since I haven't played it yet, but my brother said one of his friends beat the game 100/100 within a week and a half of purchasing. Seems like easy mode to me, but I dunno.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#7 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 March 2010 - 06:40 PM

Again, no one cares about what Zero Punctuation says. He's honestly one of the worst reviewers I've ever seen.

Besides, the resource mining is essential to the final mission, especially if you want all yourself and your squad members to survive.

Regardless, from what I've seen and heard of the game, it looks to be a nice sequel, but if what Zero Punctuation says is true, it lacks a lot of what I saw in the first one that made it pretty awesome.

How can you say that when you haven't even played it yourself? Don't take someone else's word on isn't in a game until you've played it yourself. The only thing they took out was the Mako, which was a horrible driving mechanic. I praised them for that.

Also~ He's totally right on the whole idea of interactions in the game, so... >_> *shrugs*

Again, how can you say that when you haven't played the game yourself?

I can't judge, since I haven't played it yet, but my brother said one of his friends beat the game 100/100 within a week and a half of purchasing. Seems like easy mode to me, but I dunno.

Yeah, he probably played it on NORMAL. Tell him to try and play it on INSANITY. That'll take him a good month or so.

Oh wait.....

#8 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 09 July 2010 - 04:18 AM

Again, no one cares about what Zero Punctuation says. He's honestly one of the worst reviewers I've ever seen.

I care and he's definitely one of my top three reviewers. I disagree with him every game now and then but he definelty reviews for the the right reasons and makes fun at the same time. He's great.

Also, a question, for anyone's who has seen the pc version, would you recommend it? Or is the xbawx version just better completely? (for both 1 & 2)

#9 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 10 July 2010 - 09:50 AM

Yeah, he probably played it on NORMAL. Tell him to try and play it on INSANITY. That'll take him a good month or so.

I'm sure he has. I haven't asked, but he has all of the achievements and he doesn't shy away from the difficulty factor of games. He beat it on Insanity as well.

Anyway, I'm looking to probably pick up this game soon, especially if it isn't still 60 bucks. Finally finished the first one >.o for the seventh time. Seriously the game isn't fun when you have all of the spectre gear X stuff from the start of the game ._. too easy and grindy to get level 60. Then again, I expected that when I was going into the playthrough so meh.

147.png

#10 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 22 July 2010 - 06:42 PM

New Mass Effect 2 Expansion Announced - Xbox 360 News at IGN

OMFG FINALLY. I was truly pissed that we were not told who the Shadow Broker was in ME2. Hopefully the volus in ME1 was right, about the Shadow Broker being a group of people and not just one person. That'd be awesome, in my opinion.

Oh wait.....

#11 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 July 2010 - 07:40 PM

I'd rather the Shadow Broker be just one person personally, but I loved the Liara bit that was in-game and I can't wait for this expansion. Also if you didn't get Overlord yet, it is an absolute must buy. The story and everything is beautiful and tragic and really excellent. I hope this one is too.

147.png

#12 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 July 2010 - 08:22 PM

New Mass Effect 2 Expansion Announced - Xbox 360 News at IGN

OMFG FINALLY. I was truly pissed that we were not told who the Shadow Broker was in ME2. Hopefully the volus in ME1 was right, about the Shadow Broker being a group of people and not just one person. That'd be awesome, in my opinion.

Agreed.

The fact that Liara is hunting the Shadow Broker, i'm a bit curious to who or what the Shadow Broker is :D
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

#13 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 September 2010 - 01:43 AM

This needs to be moved to multi-platform now.

Also Insanity is kicking my level 30 Shepard's ass. It's absolutely insane... I guess it lives up to the name. I just recruited Mordin after spending nearly all my free time yesterday trying to get past the generator part. I'm now on Garrus at the end versus the helicopter and dear lord I don't remember Mass Effect being nearly this difficult before.

Here's the problem with Insanity on ME2 compared to ME1. ME1 it was a joke with any character who was leveled up. Especially Soldiers. You had so much health and shields that the enemies couldn't damage you fast enough and you did too much damage for them to stop you.

Now however it feels like they just send more and more enemies at you with upgraded defenses. Crappy enemies now have armor to get through before you get to the squishy parts. I mean you know it's crazy when Varren have armor. What the hell?

I thought Insanity was gonna be hard, especially once you hit Scions and goddamn Harbinger, but I mean I can't even get through the first two recruiting missions without having to reload and reload and reload and reload. This is the easy stuff! x-x

Gaddamn. I know Vanguard isn't the best class ever but I do have Sniper Rifle training as well, so it's not that bad. I beat ME2 relatively easily my first playthrough. I wonder if I have adaptive difficulty on... x-x damn this game.

It fell into the same trap all games do when you go up in difficulty. You take more damage and do less damage. That's not harder.

When I have a Shep with 300 health and 280 shields I don't expect him to die after two seconds of being fired at. I have a barrier for a reason. Also when I took cover I wasn't regaining health. Then a guy with a shotgun wandered over to me and shot me - through cover - and killed me. That's when I called it a night. Stupid couches. I took cover further back, but then Garrus died. That's really his fault because he doesn't move and just stands there taking his one sniper shot every four minutes. Waste of time. Not even gonna mention Miranda and Jacob's incurable fetish for feeling the hot lick of bullets against their faces. Lord knows that they love to jump out of cover to take a volley of shells right in the face.

Edited by Valor, 04 September 2010 - 01:49 AM.

147.png

#14 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 12:06 PM

You people suck. New DLC is out for the Shadow Broker. CJ. WHERE ARE YOU.

147.png

#15 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:45 PM

I'm here, but without MP D:

I'll get some by next week though. I read IGN's review. 9.6. Best ME2 DLC yet, they say.

Oh wait.....

#16 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 September 2010 - 01:48 PM

I'm here, but without MP D:

I'll get some by next week though. I read IGN's review. 9.6. Best ME2 DLC yet, they say.

I need to put more points on my account for it. MEH. MEH MEH MEH. I want it ;.;

147.png

#17 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 December 2010 - 06:40 PM

This is one of my favorite video game series of all time. Mass Effect 1 was the game changer for story-telling, and it's only right that BioWare needed to top it with Mass Effect 2, which further elevated the series in my heart. Now, with Mass Effect 3 on it's way in Holiday 2011 (though part of me feels it will be delayed), I am just tingling with anticipation. 2011 is going to be a great year for me. High school graduation, college, AND Mass Effect 3?

I hate that I still have not played Lair of the Shadow Broker....or Stolen Memory...or Overlord.

Edited by Crimson Jazz, 29 December 2010 - 12:01 AM.

Oh wait.....

#18 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 19 December 2010 - 12:27 AM

Odds are it won't be delayed I think. They're using their new engine for ME3 in the PS3 port that's coming out next month, which means that they have the engine and whatnot and have been likely been working on this for a long time.

How Shepard is going to stop the Reapers though... I have no idea. It's going to be pretty difficult to fight against those things which are super ancient and pretty powerful. Also if the focus is going to be on earth, I wonder what the traveling system will be like. The Reapers are on their way and in the teaser it shows them attacking earth. What kind of team will he/she have to build again? Do the characters from 2 come back? New cast? I really want some of them to return. Hell, I want all of them to return, especially Tali <3

147.png

#19 Rose

Rose

Squire

• Squire
  • 362 posts

User's Awards

Posted 24 March 2011 - 07:56 PM

Got ME2 for PS3 a few days ago and its absolutely amazing! I'm loving every bit of it, and have spent over 12 hours doing just assignments. I have recruited Zaeed and Kasumi and that was it. I however have completed the Firwewalker missions as well as bringing all the little things needed for the people on the ship and spent probably around 2 hours mining resources. I'm pretty sure I have my ship upgraded to its top settings so far and can't wait to see what other nifty upgrades the ship will get.

Also BIG NEWS

Reapers Beware Shepard is back
A girl, she sits alone on a pitch black night, sad, as nights dark veil descends, but low, the moon nestles into the sky, silvery and full, banishing the dark once it came, when dawn breaks, the night of atonement quietly departs

Posted Image

I hate you more than Cole McGrath hates water.

In brightest day, in blackest night,
No evil shall escape my sight
Let those who worship evil's might,
Beware my power... Green Lantern's light!

Posted Image

#20 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 April 2011 - 08:34 AM

Yep, The Arrival DLC hit. I haven't bought it yet but there's no rush.

There's been a lot of Mass Effect 3 leaks coming out, so let me summarize for those interested:

Please note there are potential spoilers:

- Garrus, Liara, Ashley/Kaiden are confirmed as playable alongside a new character
- Legion, Wrex, and others are confirmed as being in the game but not necessarily playable
- Resource gathering is back but in a tweaked form. No Mako (yay!)
- New "moves" for good ole Shep to perform including rolling and diving
- Multiple branching "evolutions" of moves in Shep's arsenal and MAJOR revamps.
- Engineer class can build turrets
- New class focusing on melee attacks
- Every class can now use every weapon type, but they have a limited amount of slots for weapons
- You can inflict dynamic damage on enemies. Disabling arms, legs, shattering cockpits of mechs, etc which change the course of battle.
- More customizable guns with sights, and enemies will drop guns for you to use.
- More items to "loot"
- New locations to visit will include New York, London, a moon of either a Quarian or Krogan world, a Salarian world and Mars, among others. Each environment took about 6 months to create, apparently.
- Husks of different species
- Apparently you'll be vying for the alliance of multiple species throughout the Mass Effect Universe for their help against the Reapers.
- More complex recruitment/loyalty missions
- Cerberus is after your sweet ass

Game of the Year candidate from top to bottom. Hits shelves later this year. Expect shittons of information at e3. I am.

147.png