• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 05:04 PM

So the movie. Based off of Christopher Paolini's book of the same name.

Personally I hated it. I felt that as a movie taken for what it was it was really good. But in comparison to the book that it is based upon I was insulted. As a fan of the books I felt that it did not accurately explain things, it did not include some major plot events that HAD to happen in order to make a second movie even POSSIBLE, and it messed up the ending.

As a movie itself I thought it was amusing to watch and entertaining. If you haven't read the books I recommend it. If you have read the books I urge you to shun any and all that claim it was an accurate representation of the book.

So what are your opinions? Loved it? Hated it? Why for each? Discuss it hear and use spoiler tags!

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#2 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 06:03 PM

I am a huge fan or the books and Steven (iggy)
told me not to watch it cuz it was totally not like the book and it was horrible. >_>
I kinda wanna watch it but seeing that bunny thought it was horrible
I think i can stay away ._.;

Posted Image

'nuff said.

#3 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

i watched it and enjoyed it >> but i didnt read the book so thats probably why. i think it was just lacking in the storyline and crap.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#4 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:01 PM

I think I watched the first 40 or less minutes. When I was younger, lol. I should probably re-watch it sometime; I don't really remember anything about it, more or less if it was good or bad.

#5 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 25 December 2010 - 11:58 PM

i watched it and enjoyed it >> but i didnt read the book so thats probably why. i think it was just lacking in the storyline and crap.

And character development and logic and good.

I think I watched the first 40 or less minutes. When I was younger, lol. I should probably re-watch it sometime; I don't really remember anything about it, more or less if it was good or bad.

It came out 4 years ago. >_>

Anyway, the movie was quite possibly the most horrible movie I have ever watched from beginning to end. The world in which it was set piqued my interest enough to make me read the books (/wrist for a movie-cover Eragon book ugh), which are moderately entertaining.

The film is absolutely horrible. Everything which would make a film good (acting, writing, plot, character, heart, etc, etc) is lacking severely in the film. Eragon's relationships to his family are not established, and the plot is massively warped from the source material. The way the entire thing played out in the film is absolutely god damned horrible. Not only did it completely kill all possibilities of a second film which follows the canon even remotely closely, it pushed a romance between Eragon and Arya which seemed potentially incestuous with how much explanation of the characters we had. I swear, I thought Arya was his mother when I watched the film.

It was horrible. Horrible. There is a plethora of words to use to describe the film, though not one is remotely synonymous with "mediocre" or "good."

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln