4 replies to this topic

#1 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:28 PM

uhm..i dont really like to put my personal business all out in the open but the person that i want to talk to about it, doesnt wanna talk to me and my friends all gave me advice but it's still not enough. so uhh, here goes..

my life in general, is good in a way. i have a job, have a car, have money and im learning to do stuff on my own but for some reason, im still not completely happy =/

a few months back, i made a very bad mistake and ended up losing someone's trust in me. i understand that trust is one of the most important things to have and its hard to gain it and even harder to gain it back. i dont know what to do to get their trust back. right now, the only thing i can do is tell them bc i cant show them. i kno i made a mistake but i've learned from it.

so, i ask you guys for advice.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#2 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:33 PM

It is a bit difficult to give advice when one doesn't understand the cir...stances of the event that caused the loss of trust.

But usually in regards to gaining back lost trust the only thing you can do is be patient. Sometimes it is simple but depending on the severity of what happened it can take more time. There isn't really a proven method beyond that. all you can really do is take it one day at a time and try to live up to your words and your actions and prove that you are working to regain their trust.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Aw I'm sorry to hear that Britt, But trust take's time to gain and to give. You have to show that person that you're still the same trustful friend that you once were, You have to let them know people slip up but find their way again. Just be a good friend like you have been, when she/he need's someone to talk to be there, And eventually trust will be back, it take's time though. And happiness comes within, You can have a billion dollars but having no one to share it with is nothing. Be patient and find what makes you happy and never let it go.

a>

#4 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 06 July 2010 - 10:45 PM

that's what i've been doing and its uhm, really hard and junk >> plus, i also don't wanna waste my time trying if it's not even gonna be worth it, ya kno?

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#5 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 03:54 AM

Well, it all depends on what "mistake " you made. Also, depending on how badly it hurt this person. That mainly is what's going to determine whether this person forgives you or not. But whether if they don't forgive you or they do is not really all that bad. If you learned from this mistake, and they still don't trust you again or something, then their not really worth it :/. But as said above me, just be patient, and hope for the best. And finally, hang in there (:.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted