13 replies to this topic

#1 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:23 AM

I like this band enough to give a thread. Anyone like them? Got a favorite song? Thoughts?

#2 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:26 AM

Personally, I love this band. My mom is actually the one who got me into them since I was just a mere child. Now, I have 3 of their CD's, and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, which was the first in the series I ever bought. My favorite song is probably Angel or Dream on. Steven Tyler also has the biggest mouth I've ever seen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#3 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 07 July 2010 - 05:42 AM

Personally, I love this band. My mom is actually the one who got me into them since I was just a mere child. Now, I have 3 of their CD's, and Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, which was the first in the series I ever bought. My favorite song is probably Angel or Dream on. Steven Tyler also has the biggest mouth I've ever seen.

Ya, he really does. I fine their songs entertaining, original, and hilarious. I am always in the mood to listen to them, I just generally dont as our cds somehow are no more. Until I buy new ones, I am disappoint.

#4 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2010 - 04:23 PM

Oh geez.. There's way too many songs I love by them. To name a few.. I'd say Dream On, I don't Want to Miss a Thing are my favorites. They are a pretty nice band really. Don't really have a song of theirs that I hate.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#5 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 03:25 PM

I'm a big Aerosmith fan and it's really hard for me to choose which songs are my favorites. I'd say Line Up, Uncle Salty, Livin' On The Edge and Walk this Way.

V7PfgyJze5Q

#6 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:47 PM

I don't really know this band myself. I'm not even sure what genre they are; I don't think I've ever looked up any info.

However, I do have one of their songs, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, courtesy of Avalon. :3
The song is rather nice. The sound of it is good, and the lyrics are very nice and sweet. :3

It's hard to judge by just one song (in a way), but I think that this band would be good to listen to. They don't seem bad at all.

Posted Image

#7 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 08 April 2011 - 10:52 PM

I don't really know this band myself. I'm not even sure what genre they are; I don't think I've ever looked up any info.

However, I do have one of their songs, I Don't Want to Miss a Thing, courtesy of Avalon. :3
The song is rather nice. The sound of it is good, and the lyrics are very nice and sweet. :3

It's hard to judge by just one song (in a way), but I think that this band would be good to listen to. They don't seem bad at all.

Man, you really need to listen to some of their other stuff then. They are a rock band mainly, but some of their songs do have a blues vibe to them. Here are some suggestions:

Dream On-
Same Old Song and Dance-
Sweet Emotion- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0EpGrvDXDM&feature=related
Walk This Way (Featuring Run DMC)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk
Beyond Beautiful- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgApQbPCdE8

You are so welcome.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#8 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 08 April 2011 - 11:11 PM

Man, you really need to listen to some of their other stuff then. They are a rock band mainly, but some of their songs do have a blues vibe to them. Here are some suggestions:

Dream On-
Same Old Song and Dance-
Sweet Emotion- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0EpGrvDXDM&feature=related
Walk This Way (Featuring Run DMC)- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4B_UYYPb-Gk
Beyond Beautiful- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgApQbPCdE8

You are so welcome.

Lol, thanks. ^^
Hopefully I like them.

I usually don't listen to new music too much due to being wary, plus laziness which actually comes from me being wary. I like to really know what I'm listening to, so I'll usually look up what genre the band is and may have been previously, what kind of music they make, themes, lyrics, meanings, etc. That can be a long process, and I usually just don't feel like doing that. Besides, I tend to forget that I'm listening to/through a song for the first sometimes. Dx

That's probably really weird. I know. >.<;
I do have my reasons at least, though.

Anyway, I'll listen to those a little later on and see how I like them. :3

Posted Image

#9 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 April 2011 - 10:48 AM

Dream on, Walk this way, and Sweet Emotion are so nice. <3

Though, I do prefer Walk this way without Run DMC myself.

I heard of them going on tour in 2012. Happy about it honestly but I know it's been pushed back since Tyler has been doing American Idol and the rest of the group is kinda upset at that. Tyler is the selling point of the group. So they really, really, shouldn't complain much.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#10 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:21 PM

Well, after seeing the music video Steven Tyler made for his new song and premiered on American Idol, I have a feeling that he is going to go solo. Really sad, since that means I'll never get to see Aerosmith live, unless they decide to get together for a tour or something.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#11 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:22 PM

Yea, It does seem like he's going to be going solo. Which really makes me sad. I've loved the group a whole lot really. I didn't want it to come to this but I do hope they will get together and do concerts every now and then really, just for the fans if anything.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#12 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:54 PM

Yea, It does seem like he's going to be going solo. Which really makes me sad. I've loved the group a whole lot really. I didn't want it to come to this but I do hope they will get together and do concerts every now and then really, just for the fans if anything.

Wait what? When did this happen? Aerosmith won't be the same if Steven Tyler leaves. They should at least put out one more album or do a couple of shows before they officially break up.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#13 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:56 PM

It's not official, but Steven Tyler made a solo song and a music video for American Idol. So far, the solo career is speculation, but I have a feeling it is sadly going to happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#14 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:08 PM

Anyone planning on picking up the new album, Music From Another Dimension, on November 6th? Here is a sample of some of the songs on the album.
Aerosmith - What Could Have Been Love (Lyrics) - YouTube
Aerosmith - Legendary Child - YouTube
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image