• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 11:49 AM

So we all have them. Those songs that make our hearts just bleed every time we hear them. It can be simply because of the beauty of the lyrics mixed with the music itself, or it can be that the song reminds us of an event or hits close to home in some way.

So what are the songs that make you cry? And give the reason for it also, even if it is just a "Beautifully well written song that speaks tons of truth" that is still an explanation.

I'll post some of mine in a bit.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#2 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:15 PM

Depends on my mood, really. Yes, being a man, I admit to crying to songs. It's usually a piece by Yanni, something like Chasing Shadows. They're all so....meaningful, if you know what I mean? xD

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#3 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:23 PM

uhh, i think there is only one song that i kno of, that made me cry lol

What Hurts The Most by Rascal Flatts. i saw the music video for it and lordy, it made me cry. just the whole song explains whats happening in the vid and it really gets you to think about things and how life can go from being perfect to being so sad.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#4 Mr.Sark

Mr.Sark

Page

• Page
  • 5 posts

Posted 08 July 2010 - 12:30 PM

Hmm, quite alot I'd have to say.

My top 3

Drive-By Truckers - Goddamn Lonely Love

Is one of the songs I choke, I duno, the lyrics just speak to me, they are exactly how I feel atm thanks to a girl named Pauline...
And on top of that the music and Jason Isbels voice are just plain amazing.

Brand New - Jesus

Lyrics and music are just beautiful and somewhat haunting, and Jesse Laceys vocals are so frail and beautiful...Gets me every time.

The Grateful Dead - Box Of Rain

This one always brings me tears of joy, just beautiful and uplifting. Was my moms favorite Song and it hust brings back lots of nice memories
Posted Image

So I'll take two of what you're having and I'll take all of what you got
to kill this goddamn lonely, goddamn lonely love.

#5 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 15 September 2010 - 05:22 PM

Kokoro by Rin Kagamine - YouTube - Kokoro - Rin Kagamine

Held the tears back but the story is so sad. That was probably the first time in a couple of months that I've seriously reached the brink of bawling from listening to a song.

Edited by Waker, 15 September 2010 - 05:25 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#6 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 05:37 PM

The one that makes me cry the most is:

In the Arms of the Angel by Sarah McLachlen. My mom told me the story of why it was used in the movie City of Angels and that made me sad. But a few years ago our neighbors got into a car crash and the guys wife, son, and sister all passed away. They played this song during the memorial for his sister while they showed a bunch of pictures of her. I'm actually getting choked up now because every time I hear that song I think of her.

I'm pretty sure there are a few more but I can't think of them right now.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

#7 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 September 2010 - 06:04 PM

I love gospel songs so much. There are game songs that can touch me but not in the way that gospel songs do. Your Tears form Bishop Paul Morton really touches me.

The song just make me remind of how much I have been through so much as a kid and as a teenager. Even reminds me of my walk with God. Still, I still was able to make it through everything and I'm a survivor.

Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#8 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 26 October 2010 - 07:30 PM

The final song of K-On!!, Tenshi ni Fureta yo!

Incredibly sad that an anime that I've just discovered is sweet and endearing to my moe moe kyun inclination (in defiance of a conformity-forced hatred) has ended. And so sad to see Azusa be- I'll let you see the anime yourself ;~;

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#9 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 26 October 2010 - 08:22 PM

This
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#10 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:06 PM

Saddest song I've ever heard probably has to be Black Orchid by Blue October.

The way Justin, the vocalist, just sings the lyrics floods emotion into this already sad sounding song. The melody is also just so depressing as well, since it has a pretty low beat and mix of both high and low notes between the different instruments just makes it sadder.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#11 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:08 PM

VUgC6215Gko

This is a very emotional song, especially if you watched the movie :/

#12 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 June 2011 - 01:14 PM

I think I've heard that song actually Dion. Didn't get to see the movie but I want to because if it is the one I'm thinking of it has Hugh Jackman in it which means I have to see it by default lol.

Another of the songs on Bunny's list of songs that make her cry is I Don't Want to Miss a Thing by Aerosmith. It is one of the few songs that I can actually identify as being their song when I hear it and it gets me all teary-eyed whenever I hear it. I made the mistake (not really) of watching Armageddon (loved it) and when it played at the end I just started bawling and now I can't hear it without the scene playing in my head and then I get all teary-eyed like I am right now ;~;

#13 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 24 June 2011 - 12:18 PM

Hmm...here's one.

I think the reason's obvious enough, but to those who wanna hear it anyway, it's simply how beautiful this song and it's message are to me.

2j87ib.jpg

#14 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 03:35 PM

Really nobody mentioned My Immortal by Evanescence?

#15 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 24 June 2011 - 10:24 PM

Really nobody mentioned My Immortal by Evanescence?

Yes, it's true that it's a sad song, but unless you can really connect with it, not really a song that can make you cry, tbh.

If I had to choose one song that makes me cry, it would be a toss-up of "Early Sunsets over Monroeville" by My chemical Romance and "Alone" by Eyeshine.

Both songs are songs that make me cry in their own rights.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

#16 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 25 June 2011 - 10:11 AM

Songs that I don't like. There are lots of those...

#17 Ukranypt

Ukranypt

Page

• Page
  • 15 posts

Posted 27 June 2011 - 06:41 PM

While your Lips are Still Red - NightWish
->

#18 Killa DeX

Killa DeX

Page

• Page
  • 11 posts

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:11 PM

Anita Baker songs and I dont usually cry that often

#19 Eternal Oblivion

Eternal Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 83 posts
  • Lurker

Posted 24 April 2012 - 03:37 PM

Songs that make me cry...Hm. Most are actually instrumentals
Elfen Lied - Shinkai
D.Gray-Man - Healing the soul
But when it comes to lyrics...If it's something about lonelyness, then it's <3!
Marilyn Manson - In the shadow of the valley of death ( don't go all "Ewww, MM!", just listen to it till the end >: )
...or if there's something...powerful... <<
Draconian - Heaven laid in tears

The EARTH without ART is just EH...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

#20 F-fort

F-fort

Page

• Page
  • 10 posts

Posted 06 July 2012 - 08:05 PM

the time has come anyone?lol when i was a kid and ash said bye to piakchu i got chils Pokemon - The Time Has Come Pikachu's Goodbye (Full Version) - YouTube