• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:22 PM

Who has played this wonderous spin-off of the Final Fantasy series? The thing is there are four playable tribes: Clavats, Lilties, Yukes, and Selkies, each with their own strengths and weaknesses. You can band together and fight enemies with up to 3 other friends and work together to stop the spread of Miasma and fuel their crystal with the sacred water to protect their towns from the poisonous Miasma. The games in the series are:

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles- Gamecube
My Life as a King- Wiiware
My Life as a Darklord- Wiiware
Ring of Fates- DS
Echoes of Time- DS, Wii
The Crystal Bearers- Wii

Discuss it all here!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#2 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:34 PM

Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles- Gamecube
My Life as a King- Wiiware

I have these two. They were fun but I was really hoping the series would improve more than it has. The multiplayer in the first one was fun, we had enough game boys and cables to all of us to play, still do. The second one was fun to decide where everything went as the town grew, dlc made the experience ever better. Unfortunately, the dlc was always a rip off I now I regret buying any. Still was fun, though I didn't like the fact you could not control a character in random dungeons, could they not easily make a random dungeon generator w/ enemies for this? Was that too hard for S-E?

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 11 July 2010 - 10:53 PM

I had the original Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube, which I almost beat, but I just didn't have the motivation to continue since I was using a strategy guide. I also have My Life as a King for Wii, which is good, but I wish there was more to it. I had to play it in short bursts because I got bored of just walking around. They should have made you control a character and go in the dungeon, or be able to declare war on other kingdoms.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:28 AM

I had the original Crystal Chronicles for Gamecube, which I almost beat, but I just didn't have the motivation to continue since I was using a strategy guide. I also have My Life as a King for Wii, which is good, but I wish there was more to it. I had to play it in short bursts because I got bored of just walking around. They should have made you control a character and go in the dungeon, or be able to declare war on other kingdoms.

Right, I have almost the same thoughts on these games. I almost beat Crystal Chronicles but my brothers got bored. The concept of My Life as a King was good for a 15 dollar game but was just too small in what was possible.

#5 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:27 PM

Someone explain something to me... HOW DO I WIN THIS BLASTED THING!?!?!?! I have the one for Gamecube and me and my sister and my brothers all play it! We have all given up on it because we can't seem to find the point in it! Does it ever end or do we just keep going on year after year nonstop until our characters grow old and die?! Heeeeeeelp!!!

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#6 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:27 PM

Someone explain something to me... HOW DO I WIN THIS BLASTED THING!?!?!?! I have the one for Gamecube and me and my sister and my brothers all play it! We have all given up on it because we can't seem to find the point in it! Does it ever end or do we just keep going on year after year nonstop until our characters grow old and die?! Heeeeeeelp!!!

There is a way the game ends, the quickest way involving finding the ??? element in the desert, using Gurdy's tales to help. I know how to get it, since I had the strategy guide. The ending is defeating whatever takes you and everyone's memories. If you need any help, I'll give you some advice. If you don't get the ??? element, you have to wait for the water to re-raise in Veo Lu Sluice, which is year 13.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#7 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:35 PM

13 years?! I'm only on year 4!!!

Is this a game better played in multi-player because it is getting to be a hassle to level up my one character.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

#8 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:37 PM

13 years?! I'm only on year 4!!!

Is this a game better played in multi-player because it is getting to be a hassle to level up my one character.

I didn't have the chance to try multiplayer, but I highly recommend it if you have the necessary materials to do so. What is the race you chose, so I can tell you which one would be an ideal partner.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#9 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:38 PM

I always pick Selkie, but I don't know if we can do multiplayer and the baddies keep whupping my butt which makes me run out of items and the blasted townspeople keep over charging!!!

#10 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:43 PM

I always pick Selkie, but I don't know if we can do multiplayer and the baddies keep whupping my butt which makes me run out of items and the blasted townspeople keep over charging!!!

Selkies are the weakest, but they are easily the quickest, and they have the best focus attack. I recommend a Lilty or Clavat if you choose multiplayer.

To do multiplayer, you need a gameboy advance, a gameboy advance gamecube link cable, and one for all people playing.

If you are having trouble as a Selkie, you can always create more than one character and use the other whenever.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#11 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:46 PM

Well then there goes multiplayer, all of our GBA's broke!

And I tried making more then one character, I'd manage to level one up on one year, and then next year the baddies were too strong for my level one character. I have determined that the only way I can keep my characters alive is if I only have one character.

#12 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 July 2010 - 01:48 PM

Well, level grind in places you've already been in. If there are large groups of them, run away and take them out one at a time. Since you are a Selkie, I recommend getting some strength boosting items or winning them in dungeons. Also, health is going to be a primary also.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#13 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 12:34 PM

I like the Echoes of Time even though it's hard to control four characters at once but it's nice for it to be multi-player. I just wish that I can play the wii games with the gamecube more than just Super Smash Brawl.

The Crystal Bearers is underneath me. The battle field is not exciting and I tend to fall asleep a lot when I fight because the battle is not exciting. No techniques or anything. Final Fantasy XII did way better.

Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#14 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 23 August 2010 - 01:01 PM

I have Echoes of Time, I played it once and keep meaning to try it out again. It was pretty fun if I recall and was just about everything that I have been wishing that the GC CC was (Which sadly I still have made no headway in).

I might end up restarting my game and then just playing it for hours when I have the time, it is definitely a game I want to keep playing.

#15 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:13 PM

REVIVAL FTW!
Anyway, here is a tip for anyone with the original. You know the ??? element you need when the sluice is dried up? Look at the poems Gurdy tells you, decipher them into actions, and do them in order in the desert. This will save you two years and you can travel through all miasma streams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#16 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:17 PM

Memo to self, keep track of Gurdy's poems because the less years I have to spend the better.

Oh, anyone got any advice on which family to pick? Each one specializes in different things and then all the others seem to have this deep-seated grudge against me for not picking them and they charge me a whole lot for everything. If I am going to get item A cheaper then everything else, what would be a good item A to choose?

Also anyone have any easy ways to make gil in the game?

#17 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 07 July 2011 - 11:18 PM

If you don't get the ??? element, you have to wait for the water to re-raise in Veo Lu Sluice, which is year 13.

Wait what. I was hitting 20 years and the Veo Lu Sluice did nothing. The game was still going. :I

That being said, I found the ??? element thanks to Gurdy. I think they packed all the storyline into that half hour span or so, so I can see why people were uninterested in this game.

Spoiler

Haven't played this in at least a year, so yeah...I don't remember much of anything. :I

2j87ib.jpg