5 replies to this topic

#1 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 13 January 2010 - 04:32 PM

Made a Swiss knife of tools you can use for the sci-fi browser strategy game, OGame (or planet game).

Has a resource counter that tells you how much of each resource you have total, a mine production dossier for miners, and something to tell you what you can build with the shipyard ._. The latter is not quite done yet.

Link: OGame Multitool.xls

btw, I am currently working a prettier version, so I feel better when you say this sheet looks like shiet

Edited by Waker, 30 December 2010 - 02:13 AM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#2 Alustar

Alustar

Page

• Page
  • 92 posts

Posted 13 January 2010 - 05:48 PM

What game does this belong with? Would you please link it for easy reference.

#3 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 13 January 2010 - 06:20 PM

What game does this belong with? Would you please link it for easy reference.

Made a Swiss knife of tools you can use for the sci-fi browser strategy game, OGame (or planet game).

>.> Um. He kinda referenced it right thurr. A simple Google search never hurt anybody.

OGame

First result in Google with the search term OGame.

#4 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 03:53 AM

OGame Total Cost Calculator.xls download - 2shared

Horey shit this took a long time to do. Took the past two days, almost constantly slumping in bed and staring at the screen. But it kept me awake with how fascinating it is. Learned this INDEX and MATCH trick from Excellsfun's videos below and articles from various sites. The articles were okay but this guy's videos were more helpful.

Excel Lookup Series #11: INDEX & MATCH functions Two 2 Way Lookup - YouTube
Excel Lookup Series #12: INDEX & MATCH functions Example 2! - YouTube
Excel Lookup Series #13: INDEX & MATCH functions Example 3! - YouTube
Excel Magic Trick 811:Multiple Two Way Lookup Adding INDIRECT, ADDRESS & Array MATCH Function - YouTube

And here is an update of the multitool sheet for comparison with the original http://www.2shared.c...ultitool_0.html

Not much has changed, it seems.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”

#5 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 14 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

Here's the fixed version. Added defenses and ships using that chart in Sheet2 for kicks.

http://www.2shared.c...Calculator.html

It can take 0 as the starting point now. It gave back an #N/A error since "0" wasn't one of the references in either the indexes for buildings or research. I shifted the reference by adding 1 to the cell that would have 0 for cases where the entry cell has 0 and subtracting the starting point of the row up one so that the first value added is the one for the first level, or "1".

Edited by Waker, 14 August 2012 - 07:10 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#6 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:56 PM

So I did more things with the multitool. Good luck trying to decipher it!

OGame Multitool.xls download - 2shared

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain