• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 23 July 2010 - 01:58 PM

This is the official Rock and Metal thread. The thread to discuss anything rock or metal oriented, from guitars, bands, songs, tours, or the whole culture itself. Keep the spirit of rock alive! Feel the power of metal! Let there be ROCK!!

Bands that ROCK!:
AC/DC
Aerosmith
Avenged Sevenfold
Black Sabbath
Bullet For My Valentine
Disturbed
Dream Theater
Five Finger Death Punch
Iron Maiden
Judas Priest
Killswitch Engage
Metallica
Manowar
Motorhead
Pantera
Queen
Rhapsody of Fire
Rolling Stones
Slipknot
The Offspring

Edited by qster, 23 June 2011 - 10:28 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:16 PM

(Someone should sticky this :/)

Add some more bands to that list.

Slipknot
AC/DC
Queen
Disturbed
The Offspring

That's all I'm gonna say right now, there are other bands that should be put up there.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 20 May 2011 - 03:43 PM

No Black Sabbath? Really? Geez... What do these kids listen to nowadays? I generally don't see any good 'Metal' or 'Rock' bands anymore. Just a bunch of wannabes who think by acting tough or crap that they can be Metal or Rock.

Thread Sticked btw.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:04 PM

Thread Sticked btw.

*Jumps for joy*

No Black Sabbath? Really? Geez... What do these kids listen to nowadays? I generally don't see any good 'Metal' or 'Rock' bands anymore. Just a bunch of wannabes who think by acting tough or crap that they can be Metal or Rock.

There are hundreds of people like that >.> Rather sad really since lots of them just sing about their tragic lives and scream their lungs out so much that you can't understand them at all, it just sounds lame and try hard. The thing is the vocalists have awesome voices, they just gotta stop screaming and make songs that will still satisfy their listeners and sound like real music at the same time.

I'm gonna make a minor example like some songs from slipknot (though I do like all the songs they've done), they've got lots of screamos, but some of the songs where you hear the vocalists voice when he doesn't scream, it sounds real good.

Just my opinion though, not saying that all those bands are bad :/

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 May 2011 - 04:57 PM

Updated! Finally, we got some posts in here! Those were just bands off the top of my head a long time ago.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 08:39 PM

For metal, I don't really have a high list, but just like 5 or 6:

Dream Theater
Metallica
Rhapsody of Fire
Manowar
Bullet For My Valentine
Killswitch Engage

Oh would you look at that, its six exactly. I will say that my tastes reside moreso in the post-hardcore genre. XD
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

#7 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 03 November 2011 - 12:05 AM

Also include Korn, simply because

Korn - Twist

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#8 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 03 November 2011 - 01:32 AM

Rise Against - Savior
Escape the Fate - 10 Miles away
Falling in Reverse - The Drug in Me is You
Go Radio - Any Other Heart

Most you guys have probably already heard of those guys, but just for the sake of posting them in the thread.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#9 Eternal Oblivion

Eternal Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 83 posts
  • Lurker

Posted 12 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

<< Can't believe no one has posted for like a year! Kind of disappointing...Are there any metalheads here or not?

Here are some bands, which need to be included:
Apocalyptica
Caliban
Children of Bodom
Clawfinger
Cradle of filth
DevilDriver
Draconian
Drowning pool
The foreshadowing
The gathering
Godsmack
Gojira
Guano apes
Heaven shall burn
Hypocrisy
Iced earth
Katatonia
Lacuna coil
Lamb of God
London after midnight
Lordi
Moonspell
Nightwish
Opeth
Paradise lost
Rainbow
Rammstein
Sirenia
Six feet under
Static X
System of a down
Tristania
Trivium
Type O negative
Virgin black
Wednesday 13
The white stripes
The 69 eyes

Keith Merrow
Marilyn Manson
Ozzy Osbourne

Yeah...Sorry if I went overboard, but this thread needs to be revived >:
Anyway...I went to Sofia Rocks 2012, 7-8 July! I was there only the first day...And it was epic! ;D I got to see Heaven shall burn & Trivium. The other bands were Clawfinger, Scar Symmetry, Sweet savage, Аналгин ( I don't know the english word...but it's a medicine for headaches << ) & Viperfish. The latter two are Bulgarian bands.
Clawfinger made a great show o: And Trivium was making us do a death pit like 3 times or so...also a wall of death once lol

Spoiler

I'm somewhere at the far right of the picture...or probably not even in it.

So, yeah...It was great.

The EARTH without ART is just EH...

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

#10 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 12 December 2012 - 04:52 PM

<< Can't believe no one has posted for like a year! Kind of disappointing...Are there any metalheads here or not?

I'm a metalhead. No one else really is.

And how good was Trivium live? The only band I've seen live was a local band, To Kill A Monster, and it was just a free show at the YMCA.

Edited by qster, 12 December 2012 - 04:55 PM.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#11 Eternal Oblivion

Eternal Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 83 posts
  • Lurker

Posted 12 December 2012 - 06:10 PM

They were pretty good. Although I don't really know much about music, the vocalist didn't sing out tune o: I was amazed, actually, because I'm used to hearing awful performances when it comes to vocals...Like Evanescence, Chester from LP and that guy from Disturbed.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

#12 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 12 December 2012 - 08:17 PM

They were pretty good. Although I don't really know much about music, the vocalist didn't sing out tune o: I was amazed, actually, because I'm used to hearing awful performances when it comes to vocals...Like Evanescence, Chester from LP and that guy from Disturbed.

Evanescence is terrible live? That's a shame, I want to go to one of their concerts a some point.

Also, I'll throw up some more artists I've found. They're more metalcore since I've been getting more into that lately. I will admit, I haven't been listening to much metal lately other than Misery Signals, Otep and Slipknot. I've been listening to more rock and alternatives >_>

Otep
Misery Signals
Alter Bridge
Creations Tears
Suicide Silence

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#13 Eternal Oblivion

Eternal Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 83 posts
  • Lurker

Posted 13 December 2012 - 06:54 AM

I haven't really heard Evanescence live, but I've seen some videos in youtube. They might have gotten better...Hopefully. If you have the chance to see them, don't miss it, Dream.

Some of the bands I mentioned are kinda gothic/doom. Like Draconian, which are <333 Other bands I love are Gojira (I think they are my fav, actually), DevilDriver and Virgin black (those guys are really something, at some point the singing is more opera-like and it gives me chills)...I also reeeaaally like Marilyn Manson.
On a side note- Keith Merrow does only intrumentals and he's also worth checking out.

Songs worth mentioning...you guys should totaly hear at least some of those...just to know what you've missed if you haven't heard them before...and if you're interested:

Gojira: Love; Inward movement; Flying whales; A sight to behold;The art of dying; Vacuity; Explosia; L'Enfant sauvage; Liquid fire; The gift of guild; Born in winter
DevilDriver: The mountain; Hold back the day; Sin & sacrifice; Before the hangmans noose; Head on to heartache; Waiting for November; Talons out
Draconian: A scenery of loss; Heaven laid in tears; Earthbound; The abhorrent rays; The everlasting scar; She dies;The gothic embrace; When I wake; End of the rope; Deadlight; The quiet storm
Virgin black: Walk without limbs; Velvet tongue; And the kiss of God's mouth (Part II); Our wings are burning; Requiem, Kyrie; Lacrimosa (Gather me)
Marilyn Manson: Disassociative; The love song; In the shadow of the valley of death; Born again; Coma black; Seizure of power; The Golden age of Grotesque; Devour; Four rusted horses; Into the fire

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

╭∩╮(︶︿︶)╭∩╮

#14 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:49 PM

Does anyone know any bands that use 7 string guitars? I got a 7 string for my birthday, but Korn and Trivium are the only ones I know of.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#15 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 17 January 2013 - 11:13 PM

I just recently stumbled across this band and wow, those vocals are beautiful! It's actually better than most female vocals I've heard for a metal band. These guys kinda remind me of Evanescence at times but the style of music is obviously not like theirs. I suggest you guys take a look at their other songs too, they're pretty nice (though I know peps here are more into death metal and such. It's just a nicer lighter metal band to listen to).

Lostprophets have gotten me hooked as well but then it's just one of their songs and it's not that great to me. Still look them up too if you want. They're like Anavae (the peps above) but with a male vocalist and they tend to sing more fight type songs.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one