Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 24 July 2010 - 05:53 PM

Posted Image

For those who don't know about this game, LIMBO is a title released in the Xbox LIVE arcade for 1200 Microsoft Points. The developer is out of Denmark, and the game is a standard platformer that is anything but standard. No HUD, no extra lives, no real sense of direction or story at all in this.

The plot of the game is basically this:

A boy is searching for his sister. That's all there is to it. The entire game is black and white and there are many things just waiting to kill you. You're going to die. A lot. I know I did. However, you can get a few really awesome hours of enjoyment out of it thanks to the amazingly fluid animation, excellent physics, and an achievement telling you to complete the game in one sitting while dying five times or fewer. Exciting, isn't it?

The controls are pretty basic. A or Y make you jump, and X or B make you do an action. This game look me about three hours last night plus another maybe one today to complete it, but it's a lot of fun and has a decent amount of replayability.

If you have an Xbox and have some cash to spare, this game is nearly a must have from the Arcade.

LIMBO was released July 21st

LIMBO

147.png