• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:20 AM

I am planning on re-designing KG and to be able to do that I need your help. What skin's do you not care for? Which skins should go away? Which should be added? What modifications should be added? New forums? New sub-forum? Just whatever you have in mind post it please. Remember we are re-designing so different is good no matter how stupid the idea may be.

a>

#2 Vanitas

Vanitas

Page

• Page
  • 67 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:54 AM

Hello there :D

For skins....
Well, I myself don't care for the air >_> it hurts my eyes and its too bright for me even though i love the color white <_< and it might be nice to get new pics as well :o

For forums...
Im not sure ._. sorry

For ideas...
I think that we sould have contests (as yari mentioned earlier :D). We could do contests for drawing, or gaming , etc. and the prizes can be an award or something simple and nonexpensive

君を好きだけじゃものたりない
あこがれだけじゃ埋めきれない
淋しさだけが 今日もリアルで
今、会いに行ったら泣いてしまう
Simply liking you won't satisfy me.
Simply admiring you won't satiate me.
Today, too, the only thing real is my loneliness.
If I go see you now, I'll surely end up crying

#3 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 09 August 2010 - 11:25 AM

I agree with Candy. Air is not a skin, it is a flesh wound. I would like a skin that incorporates Large amounts of Black and Red, Medium amount of Grey and a little white. Maybe call it Overheat? Or Ashes and Embers? Phoenix? To Ash? Name idk.

Forums we need a forum for Conspiracy Theories.

I rather like the idea of contests. Perhaps we could have a movie night on Saturdays? A movie review thing?
I don't know.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#4 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:38 PM

More Banners. You have an rpg FF banner. You need a shooter, fighter, adventure, and other theme of banners. :/ But I guess it has to do with skins.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 12:54 PM

More Banners. You have an rpg FF banner. You need a shooter, fighter, adventure, and other theme of banners. :/ But I guess it has to do with skins.

^ With that;

More people in GFX department. ._.

I know I really don't have a lot of work to do, and the little I do is of occasion, but I guess if all of the banners were to be made with one style, by one person, there really wouldn't be variation in the themes. I'll be here, but it's just that school's starting soon and I won't have all the time in the world. I slacked off enough this summer vacation and I have a bunch of homework piled up. I'm finishing off as much as I can at the moment.

People I think should be worthy for Graphics Team; Rejected Oblivion and CJAY.

//End Suggestions.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2010 - 01:43 PM

Don't fix what ain't broke.

147.png

#7 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 05:41 PM

Air skin hurts my eyes. Computer screen is bright enough as it is without the added whiteness to help make my vision even worse >_<

The status thingys by peoples names is really cool... Except it doesn't work on all the skins. More skins is fine with me so long as there is at least one decent dark one, just so long as what is on one or two is on the others as well.

I like the idea of the competitions, and since the entries and info would have to be posted it would up posting which is needed.

If I think of anything else I shall post it here or pester you on AIM ^^

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#8 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:40 PM

I'll have to look around in order to say what forums and sub-forums might be good to add, but for the moment, I can comment on skins. I don't really care much for the skins that are here right now, especially Air and AfterDark. AfterDark is just kinda bleh and funky to me. I'm not really sure why. Air is just... wayyyy too bright and eye-rape. >_-
Suggestion for skins? Why sure~ There was this one REALLY lovely skin that you had back on KHM. Please.. Please do bring it back. I believe it was quite loved by many, too. Here's an image: http://www.w3code.ne...g-v4-Blue-1.png There's a blue verison as well that also looks really nice: http://www.w3code.ne...ng-v4-Blue-.png. Back to the first one, THIS SITE has a demo of what it would look like. I link to it because if you scroll to the bottom and click the skin drop-down menu, you'll notice that there are two verisons: one is fixed-width and one is fluid. I say if you get the skin, perhaps go with fluid. It allows for more room when browsing the forums (which is nice in my opinion when you compare it to the fixed-width, and it can change to match screen or browser size.)
That would be a nice darkish-but-not-too-dark skin. As for a light skin... I can't seem to find a good image or get this one from anywhere, but here's the image that I do have: http://img.nattawat....aicyjguz0i5.png. The one on the right is a light version of the skin. It'd be nice to have a demo or good image to make sure that it isn't too bright, but I don't know. It seems nice. Eck... if I'm not mistaken, I think the name of it is X-Ray. (I don't know if you have sites that you could search to see if they have it, should you want to try it out.)

Sorry for the lack of sites to obtain it from. I'm not really sure how to search for those or if I'd be on a really good site. ^^; Perhaps you or someone else have links to sites to get forum skins from?
For searching purposes of the dark skin that I gave images and a demo for: from what I've found, the name of it is Ambient Lightning.

Edited by Reservoir, 09 August 2010 - 10:45 PM.

Posted Image

#9 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 09 August 2010 - 10:49 PM

I'll have to look around in order to say what forums and sub-forums might be good to add, but for the moment, I can comment on skins. I don't really care much for the skins that are here right now, especially Air and AfterDark. AfterDark is just kinda bleh and funky to me. I'm not really sure why. Air is just... wayyyy too bright and eye-rape. >_-
Suggestion for skins? Why sure~ There was this one REALLY lovely skin that you had back on KHM. Please.. Please do bring it back. I believe it was quite loved by many, too. Here's an image: http://www.w3code.ne...g-v4-Blue-1.png There's a blue verison as well that also looks really nice: http://www.w3code.ne...ng-v4-Blue-.png. Back to the first one, THIS SITE has a demo of what it would look like. I link to it because if you scroll to the bottom and click the skin drop-down menu, you'll notice that there are two verisons: one is fixed-width and one is fluid. I say if you get the skin, perhaps go with fluid. It allows for more room when browsing the forums (which is nice in my opinion when you compare it to the fixed-width, and it can change to match screen or browser size.)
That would be a nice darkish-but-not-too-dark skin. As for a light skin... I can't seem to find a good image or get this one from anywhere, but here's the image that I do have: http://img.nattawat....aicyjguz0i5.png. The one on the right is a light version of the skin. It'd be nice to have a demo or good image to make sure that it isn't too bright, but I don't know. It seems nice. Eck... if I'm not mistaken, I think the name of it is X-Ray. (I don't know if you have sites that you could search to see if they have it, should you want to try it out.)

Sorry for the lack of sites to obtain it from. I'm not really sure how to search for those or if I'd be on a really good site. ^^; Perhaps you or someone else have links to sites to get forum skins from?
For searching purposes of the dark skin that I gave images and a demo for: from what I've found, the name of it is Ambient Lightning.

Thanks for a very good and detailed post. Some people dont know how to post like you :p. But I can get the Ambience skin back, Also if you want the skin fluid I can make Essential skin fluid ( stretched out ) only if you'd like.

a>

#10 Larksan

Larksan

Page

• Page
  • 81 posts

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:35 PM

Hello there :D

For ideas...
I think that we sould have contests (as yari mentioned earlier :D). We could do contests for drawing, or gaming , etc. and the prizes can be an award or something simple and nonexpensive

Yes. We should have contests!! and have the contest posted on the main page.
We should also have a donation link too if people wanna donate money to the site so with that we can buy stuff and use them of the contests.
But 1st we have to lure them in with a contest or two.
maybe a way we can do that is if we can have someone donate something that we can use to give away in the contest .-. Like i can totally buy something cool and give it away in the contest >_>
i think the staff shoudl also help with paying for at least something....idk :/

^ With that;

More people in GFX department. ._.

People I think should be worthy for Graphics Team; Rejected Oblivion and CJAY.

Yes. We need more of dem peoples D:

In the main site should post an article about how this site need GFX people and describe what they need and so forth .-.

i like the forum the way it is but having lighting wouldn't hurt. The big doody is the banners, we need more colors and links and options....well thats what i think....yeah.

I am not going to proofread

Posted Image

'nuff said.

#11 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 August 2010 - 10:38 PM

I really think the Shoutbox idea you had and talked about earlier today would be a great feature for the site myself.

In terms of skins. I only really like Essential. It's the only one that actual is nice to post on and be on. Air is just to bright and really puts a harsh strain on my eyes. Not to mention a lot of colors for posts and things of the sort don't show well on it. Afterdark, is okay in a way. But it's not all that great. It's somewhat bland and has nothing that really draws you in.

The skins that Azerin posted actually have a.. type of draw to them. They look visually appealing. Making you want to stay on the site, having you want to post.

This was talked about a good while ago, but, having multiple banners for a skin. Either it changing on it's own or everytime you visit a page or refresh it cycles through them. Of course this wouldn't be done immediately since we need a fair bit of GFX artists. I thought as well, that with it changing the banners, we could make the banners link to a thread/section on KG. Have a Final Fantasy banner be clickable and it take you to either the Final Fantasy it represents or the section itself. Same goes with a Kingdom Hearts Banner or even a Halo one.

Not sure what else to add to this at the moment. The forums and sections themselves seem to be fine. It's just that we don't get posts in some sections for some reason...

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#12 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:49 AM

Hmm.... I want all the dieas above but I think you should fix somthing about the ads. I try to get on from my laptop but the site won't load up because of the ads. There just too many that the site won't load up. Instead I can only sign in and that's it (Not that I don't want to). People won't join the forums if they can't see it. There a lots of people who'd have the same laptop as mine.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#13 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 02:57 AM

Hmm.... I want all the dieas above but I think you should fix somthing about the ads. I try to get on from my laptop but the site won't load up because of the ads. There just too many that the site won't load up. Instead I can only sign in and that's it (Not that I don't want to). People won't join the forums if they can't see it. There a lots of people who'd have the same laptop as mine.

Ads are removed my friend.

a>

#14 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 12 August 2010 - 11:56 PM

Haettenschweiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

#15 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 12:36 PM

Haettenschweiler - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Ugly font is ugly.

Up to Blade, though.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#16 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:02 PM

Ugly font is ugly.

Up to Blade, though.

Agreed. Font isn't all too appealing.

http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 13 August 2010 - 10:05 PM

It's not a bad font, i just don't know what it would be used for

147.png

#18 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 12:40 AM

Shoutbox option, at least? D: D: :D :D

#19 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 03:42 PM

Spoiler

I really like the black skin. Then again, maybe as someone else suggested, we want more of a skin that motivated people to post?

As for our skins, I don't mind Air but then again I tend to like dark skins better. AfterDark is the one I always use.

#20 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:03 PM

I really like the black skin. Then again, maybe as someone else suggested, we want more of a skin that motivated people to post?

As for our skins, I don't mind Air but then again I tend to like dark skins better. AfterDark is the one I always use.

The skin you like, the one that a good few people like actually, is a Skin I was talking about. It's visually appealing. It makes you want to actually stay on the site and because of that you post and stay active.

In other regards to skins, I know that a majority of people like dark skins. But there are those that like light skins. If anyone has a good suggestion for a skin that is light, please post it so we may see it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png