• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#21 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:13 PM

I think one of the main problems with our light skin that it's all white, instead of a muted, pastel color. I'd like to see what this skin looks like, actually. Going by the little header thing, it looks like it might be a lighter skin that isn't too blinding.
Posted Image

#22 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:47 PM

I think one of the main problems with our light skin that it's all white, instead of a muted, pastel color. I'd like to see what this skin looks like, actually. Going by the little header thing, it looks like it might be a lighter skin that isn't too blinding.

This?

Yeah, not really appealing, imo.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#23 Rejected▲Oblivion

Rejected▲Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 34 posts

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

Hmm. I can't even find the thing to change skins =O. I used to mess with it but it seems to have disappeared from the bottom of the page. Weird, mannnn. Anyway, I actually like the site as it is but I think with a dark skin you need a bit more vibrancy which this forum lacks. It's not too bad, a little bit too mellow perhaps, but it's a decent skin. As far as the forums and sub-forums, well, they're quite alright too. Neatly organized and such. A few things don't really match such as the star icons (I still don't know what motivated Dion to make those XD;) and stuff like that but nothing too bad. I do think the forum should be a bit wider however if that's manageable. I would assume it is since the H2's and stuff this forum has are repeating patterns so they should stretch just fine but, yeah. Everything seems a bit congested.

@Dion, I'm more than happy to help with whatever though I don't know how much being on a design team would affect anything XD; CJay doesn't come here much though I believe if at all. He's on a few forums I know of but he disappears on all of them so I'm guessing he's a really busy person so I'unno how much he would be able to help but, hey, if someone contacts him and he's willing to help out that'd work lovely.

By the way I hate all the skins that have so far been recommended 8D.
Posted Image

#24 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 14 August 2010 - 08:54 PM

You generally never want to have a lot of white, it means more light sent out of the monitor and into the viewers eyes. Which is why the only thing that should be white is text, as you want the viewer to see this. Everyone else should not be FFFFFF. Like Arty said, muted, pastel colors are nice for a light air feel. If we want a high light skin, lets make sure theirs not too much light coming from it.

#25 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 14 August 2010 - 10:43 PM

By the way I hate all the skins that have so far been recommended 8D.

What is wrong with the skins that have been recommend? Just wondering.

As for light skins, I do agree with what everyone is saying. Something that's not completely white would be nice. Nothing incredibly bright either. Doesn't have to be white at all. Could be a nice light shade of blue.

Even something like this: eXtremepixels demo and customers forum - vBulletin skins / IPB skins and phpBB skins
Wouldn't be so bad. It's not complete eye rape. But still fairly bright.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#26 Rejected▲Oblivion

Rejected▲Oblivion

Page

• Page
  • 34 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:22 AM

I just don't find them appealing, personally. That's all I meant.
Posted Image

#27 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 02:27 AM

I just don't find them appealing, personally. That's all I meant.

Well which do you find appealing, This isn't " What I hate about KG " it's how to help improve the design of the site, By all means necessary please do provide links on which skins you do find interesting and I'll see if I can match it or use it.

a>

#28 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 August 2010 - 08:06 PM

We're making all of our theme recommendations a cooler, bluer look. Why not something warmer? A bit towards a warm orange/yellow?

Hows this look? For a free theme, it's not too bad. :o

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#29 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:32 PM

Posted Image
Jolly damn that's hard to read...
I like it though. If there were spacing would it be considerable?

#30 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:35 PM

No. No. No. And I'll say it again. No.

What exactly are these fonts you're contributing with for anyway?

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#31 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 12:37 PM

?? :(
For the purpose this thread says.

#32 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:00 PM

This thread is a Re-Designing thread. Give tips on themes you like and how you would think it might look better. You post fonts and don't say what to do with them. Try being a bit more specific.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#33 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 17 August 2010 - 01:41 PM

The first post basically says post anything you want if it can be used on the website.
That particular font is of my own design. All of the characters are the same size, and some characters are changed entirely to be similar to other letters. However that sample has the characters overlapping, which wasn't intentional.

Also, they're fonts. What do you think they're used for? If implemented correctly, it would look nice anywhere on this page, including post text.

I'll post a corrected sample in a little while...
Here you are:
Posted Image
Or
Posted Image
I actually used the colors already used for text on this site, soo...
Even if you find the question mark (and other punctuation) strange, I think people would have fun figuring out.
As I said above, capital letters and applicable punctuation and other characters are all the same size, and some punctuation, characters, and lower-case letters are half the size of those.

Edited by GVT, 17 August 2010 - 04:54 PM.

#34 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:20 PM

Just make sure that you don't have skins taht is both blue and white. They are way too bright for me. -_- I really need to be on more often on this site.
Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#35 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 19 August 2010 - 03:44 PM

Something for the forum users - a higher tag limit for thread makers. People who made the thread ought to know more about the subject in the thread so wouldn't you think they would be more capable of putting more appropriate tags? And tags help people looking for similar subjects via search - in the forums or on Google - so the forum would be better serviced.

Another suggestion, surfacing of late due to recent circumstances, is a subforum in Intellectual discussions for other types of discussions. To think of it now, I'm having a difficult time coming up with a subforum where the discussion of grammar and such is perfect... Perhaps Literary? Semantic? Linguistic?

Update: There should be a subsection for computer help to differentiate from normal help. I wouldn't want to go to the help section while looking for help about my life when I want to post about computer problems. They're really different ._.

Edited by Waker, 21 August 2010 - 11:01 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#36 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 22 August 2010 - 04:02 PM

The first post basically says post anything you want if it can be used on the website.
That particular font is of my own design. All of the characters are the same size, and some characters are changed entirely to be similar to other letters. However that sample has the characters overlapping, which wasn't intentional.

Also, they're fonts. What do you think they're used for? If implemented correctly, it would look nice anywhere on this page, including post text.

I'll post a corrected sample in a little while...
Here you are:
Posted Image
Or
Posted Image
I actually used the colors already used for text on this site, soo...
Even if you find the question mark (and other punctuation) strange, I think people would have fun figuring out.
As I said above, capital letters and applicable punctuation and other characters are all the same size, and some punctuation, characters, and lower-case letters are half the size of those.

Eh, that font is a bit odd for my tastes. The question mark (or, whatever it is) is abnormally big, as well. :/

#37 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 16 September 2010 - 06:56 PM

._. Thinking about it, yeah the shoutbox will be spammed like crazy when it gets bigger. Maybe when a certain number of people join, the shoutbox becomes a privelage ofr special members. Would fire up people to post more I guess.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#38 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 10 February 2011 - 03:03 AM

So earlier, there was a discussion about skins for the forum. I know many of you have become frustrated with Essential as of late. We will try our best to add in at least 2 new skins for you all to enjoy. Post here on what kind of skins you'd like to see added in. Links to posts and skins are welcome.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#39 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 February 2011 - 04:47 PM

Just showing some that might work out well -

http://www.vbulletin...ad.php?t=233917

Just throwing some skins idea out there :P

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif