• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Blake

Blake

Page

• Page
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:27 PM

Why I named this "Message to members" is because this is only for members to hear (Owner isn't included in this).
You all whine and say "Oh these forums suck because there is no one on"
Half of you just view topics and then never reply, which is stupid. The whole point of a forums is to be a community, real communities don't just stand around *viewing* people, they have conversations. If you posted more and then new people saw more then just 100 posts on a board maybe they will like it more here. Right now, the members make this forums dead. This isn't a flame thread, but someone needs to put a message out there.

Thanks for viewing this, I already know you won't reply,
Blake
Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
If you ever make your girlfriend mad, don't let your good girl go bad. Drop 5 stacks on that make up bag.
Smoke Weed

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:36 PM

Ya know. I really like you. First member to actually speak up on this matter. I'm rather impressed with that. You are right. A fair bit of members just look and don't post. If any member just posted once or twice a day we'd easily get 200+ posts a day.

Decided to Sticky the thread so hopefully people do see it and do Respond.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:43 PM

Lol, I don't think you realize who the main group you're talking to consists of.
Do you know what "lurker" means?
I haven't been around but maybe a week or two longer than you have here, but from what I've seen, 75% of this populace is made up of people who fit perfectly the description of the term above.

Also, many if not most or all of the users here use the shoutbox on the main page. It most closely resembles a clanchat.

Oh hey, by the way, they hate on RS here, and I personally don't have much vested interest in these forums because I don't roleplay, don't play Square Enix games, don't read weird mangas, and don't adopt and herald the Jappy culture over my own. ( I only joined because a friend asked me to...)
And judging by your signature and info you probably don't do much of any of the above either.

You should really consider a community before you join it... :/

#4 Blake

Blake

Page

• Page
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:46 PM

I really don't see how my signature reflects on my posting, and I don't care if people hate on RS, I like it they don't...So what?

Edited by Blake, 18 August 2010 - 04:51 PM.

Posted Image
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power the world will know peace." - Jimi Hendrix
If you ever make your girlfriend mad, don't let your good girl go bad. Drop 5 stacks on that make up bag.
Smoke Weed

#5 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

*goes to add Blake to his friend's list*

Blake is completely right. If you honestly take a look at the posting stats, EVERY staff member is in the top 20. The only active non-staff members we have, post-wise, are Valor, Lexaeus, and Kingroy. And as much as we love the three of them, that's pretty pathetic and sad. The rest of our members are basically wasting Blade's money. Then they get mad when the place gets shut down.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#6 GVT

GVT

Page

• Page
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 04:50 PM

By any of the above, I meant above in that same paragraph.

Also, I replied. ;)

#7 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 05:13 PM

Agreed, 100%. You guys can't expect the staff to post as much as they can get in a day without help from the members, too. I know I haven't been active lately due to my health, but once I'm fully back I'm going to post as much as I can to keep this community alive because I adore the people I've met on here. You all should do the same.

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 August 2010 - 06:28 PM

I post if there's something worth saying in a topic. Like this one. Then again I didn't have much to say on this. People don't post nearly enough. I agree. Look at my shiny name. Now you must covet it and do your part to make it your own.

147.png

#9 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:08 PM

If I understand or feel passionate for a topic, of course I'm going to post in it. However, if it doesn't apply to me or I don't care for it, I mostly won't post. One of the more active areas is the Roleplaying section.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#10 Ted

Ted

Page

• Page
  • 64 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:14 PM

I agree 100%. With these many members, I thought my story would get at least one post a day. Just one comment so far (could get accused of double-posting with several chapters -_-)

I was just lurking the other day, saying to myself "Come on, people! Post something interesting!" I had no ideas of my own at that time, which is why I lurked.

I contributed some, too, with posts like Warcraft (with the first poster criticizing it), and Final Fantasy topics. I'll try to contribute more, but it's not a 100% guarantee that it'll happen.
Posted ImagePosted Image

One of my favorite characters in the Gash Bell manga: Ted.

Dissidia Final Fantasy: Emperor Lv 100 | Golbez Lv 100 | Zidane Lv 100 | Kuja Lv 100

Played and passed: FFI, FFII, FFIX, FFX
Wish to play: FFIV, FFV, FFVI, FFVIII, FFXII
Not interested in: FFVII, FFXIII

#11 Blake

Blake

Page

• Page
  • 18 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

I like to see so many people posting on this thread, lets try to do this with 95% of the threads?
Posted Image
Smoke Weed

#12 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:15 PM

i only post in threads that pertain to something i like and i can have a decent discussion about it. other than that, i dont post bc either im too lazy or its just something that im not interested in.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#13 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 August 2010 - 11:20 PM

You are too kind Blake. But honestly once I start my re-design there will be a lot of changes and the member's that don't post will have no choice BUT to post. For that reason alone this forum won't die and the plans and commitment I have to this site will make it what other site's aren't.

a>

#14 Summonerbrandon

Summonerbrandon

Page

• Page
  • 50 posts

Posted 19 August 2010 - 08:01 AM

I agree with you. -__- I haven't been on for a while because I'm doing reality things taht are really fun and important but I'll help out with the communications.
Posted Image

Ladies soothes men souls.

#15 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 21 August 2010 - 05:00 PM

I've thought up at least 10 threads late at night (4am) that have interesting topics that everyone would've rushed to contribute ideas and opinions on but by the time I get on at my normal k-g visiting time the ideas and beautifully constructed/combined/associated/stringed words have gone and are difficult to conjure up again. See: Let the Grammar Nazi Battles Ensue~

RIP

something about the universe
Languages on American Packaging
The Situation in the Middle East
Terraforming
A Small Detail on Heaven
The Guide to Surviving Emergency Situations/The Ultimate Survival Guide (member-contributed)
On Popularity (discussion/opinions)
List of TV shows and their schedules (for those of us who are computer addicts and don't [or haven't] find interesting shows on television)
Kuya Playing Piano (;~;)
Various threads on cooking
Architecture (how it works, what types of structures work best in varying situations, architectural projects worked on around the world)

and more early-in-the-morning threads (3am-5am) I imagined people viewing and posting in. I miss you guys.

Edited by Waker, 21 August 2010 - 05:04 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#16 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 21 August 2010 - 07:18 PM

I like this new person! He is smartical and doesn't seem to care what people think!! *goes to add him to her friends list* I been busy for a little while but I shall try and post more *has about 15 tabs open for KG right now*.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.