#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 08 September 2010 - 12:54 AM

Have any recipes you would like to share with the Kingdom-Gaming community? Have a family dish or do you make an excellent meal that you'd love to share with everyone? Post them here!

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 21 September 2014 - 04:10 AM

Time to put this thread to good use! I've got a couple of recipes I found that look pretty good. I tided some parts here and there and got the direct sources. Enjoy.

Sea-Salt Ice cream

Spoiler

Korokke (Croquette) (NOTE: I dunno why but the spoiler tag isn't working for this one)
SOURCE: http://www.justoneco...okke-croquette/ (I'd say look at the source for a visual guide to know what goes where better)
Moms-Korokke.jpg

Ingredients:

2 lb. (about 4) russet potatoes, peeled and halved

1 Tablespoon butter

2 Tablespoons oil

1 large onion

1 lb. ground beef

Salt (To taste)

Freshly ground black pepper (To taste)

3 eggs

2 cups Panko

½ cup flour

Oil for deep frying

Tonkatsu Sauce (or Homemade Tonkatsu Sauce)

Equipment:

1x Large Pot

1x Large Skillet

1X Wok

Method:

1. In a large pot, put water and potatoes and bring it to a boil. Cook potatoes until a skewer goes through the potato easily.

2. Remove the potato from the heat and drain the water completely. When you do so, use a lid to partially cover so the potatoes don’t fall out from the pot.

3. Move the pot back to the stove. On low heat shift the pot so that remaining moisture will completely evaporate (but don’t burn the potatoes).

4. Transfer the potatoes into a large bowl and mash the potatoes. Add salt, pepper, and butter.

5. Meanwhile, chop onion finely.

6. In a large skillet, heat oil on medium high heat. Sauté onion until soft.

7. Add the meat and break it up with a wooden spoon. When the meat is cooked, add salt and black pepper. Turn off the heat and let it cool.

8. Before adding the meat into the mashed potatoes in the bowl, get rid of the juice from the meat. If the mixture is too soft due to too much liquid, you can’t make a nice korokke shape and it won’t be the right texture when you bite into it.

9. Set aside till cool down a bit (so you can actually hold the mixture with your hands).

10. While the mixture is still warm, but not hot, start making Korokke balls (mom made little one for the kids). Let the Korokke balls rest in the fridge for 15-30 minutes (make sure they are completely cool before deep frying).

11. Dredge each ball in flour, egg, and Panko. Put the Korokke back in the fridge till oil is ready for frying.

12. In a wok, heat oil over medium high heat. Deep fry Korokke until they are golden brown (How To Deep Fry Food). Inside is already cooked, so all you need to do is to make it nice brown color.

13. Transfer Korokke to paper towels and let the oil absorbed in the paper. Serve immediately with Tonkatsu Sauce.

Enjoy!

NOTE: When we have leftover, we usually make Korokke Sandwich next day.  Add shredded cabbage, put some Japanese mayonnaise and Tonkatsu sauce and sandwich the Korokke with two pieces of bread.  Honestly, I never get tired of my mom’s Korokke, and my dad and I always brighten up when we hear she was making Korokke for dinner.

Edited by The Dream, 21 September 2014 - 04:13 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#3 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:41 AM

Bologna Burger -

Yo Fixins:

Thick cut Bologna

Thick slice cheese or American cheese

Condiments(I prefer ketchup and mayo)

Toppings(Lettuce, tomatoe, bacon, whatever)

Bread(preferably thick cuts of loafs, texas toast, or a bread roll)

What to do with the Fixins:

Fry the Bologna on low to medium heat with a decently oiled skillet. 

- While that's going on, fix up your bread with the condiments

Now throw some cheese on that/them sucka(s) and let the cheese melt while in the pan

Now throw them on that bread and throw on some toppings and them close that sandwich up.

????

Good eatins

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 September 2014 - 11:55 AM

PBJ Sammich

Put PB on a slice of bread

Put J on another slice of bread

Put slices together

???

Profit