21 replies to this topic

#1 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 25 January 2010 - 07:32 PM

In this thread, you put the above. Now let's be serious and put things that will actually be helpful and vice versa.

First reminder, especially to myself, is to never microwave pork and beans for any length of time above 0 seconds. What you get at the end of a 40-second session is a slather of orange that has little of its original essence left. That is, the flavor drains out of the beans, leaving you sad and not as happy.

An observation on a lot of pork and beans (with vienna sausage and a lot of rice) after 135 seconds in the oven: the beans are not warm. Almost no sweet and sour "pork and bean" taste.

Edited by Waker, 24 May 2013 - 09:19 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#2 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 24 May 2010 - 12:03 PM

Never put a Poptart in the microwave for 30 seconds, the box says 3 seconds and it means it. These things will burn FAST!

I misread the box once and the house was full of smoke, I thought the Poptart caught on fire for a second but luckily it didn't.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#3 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 12:08 AM

From Dion in the shoutbox:

Never eat kiwis after yogurt.

Also, could someone please move this thread to the food section? And change "general" from the title to "culinary" or something that has to do with eating, like "dining"?

Edited by Waker, 19 June 2010 - 12:13 AM.

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”

#4 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 19 June 2010 - 10:47 PM

Moved.

Never mix wine with grapefruit juice. >.>

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 20 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

Never have Milk Chocolate after eating 12 hot wings.

You'll end up with a night in the restroom and a massive stomach ache.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#6 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 20 June 2010 - 11:37 AM

Never leave Ramen boiling for more than 6 minutes. It gets really really soft. (Unless you like it that way)
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#7 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 01:51 PM

Never eat animal organs. That's just nasty.

#8 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:37 PM

But liver is so yummy~

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#9 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 04 July 2010 - 07:47 PM

yah, their muscles are just gross. Why would you want to eat that? Instinct? Freak.

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 08:28 PM

Cheetos will not melt into cheese in the microwave .-.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#11 Darkness of White

Darkness of White

Page

• Page
  • 41 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:24 PM

If you confuse baking soda with baking powder, it makes the cake explode.
Posted Image

#12 Sora

Sora

Page

• Page
  • 191 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 09:59 PM

yah, their muscles are just gross. Why would you want to eat that? Instinct? Freak.

I said organs, not muscles. (:

Never leave your toast unattended in the toaster oven.

T-T

#13 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 04 July 2010 - 10:00 PM

I said organs, not muscles. (:

Never leave your toast unattended in the toaster oven.

T-T

By muscles he means the meat. That was sarcasm. >_>;

//Never eat mangoes unless you have floss.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#14 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 10 April 2011 - 07:17 PM

Okay guys, barbecue sauce may be good with chicken nuggets and McDonald's chicken selects but they make such a discordant gastrointestinal pair (fresh, young taste of the barbecue sauce and the crisp, musky taste/smell of the fried chicken) that I feel like vomiting after trying it right now >_O with mashed potatoes and gravy too... If you're going to have bbq sauce, put it on meat to cook with or marinate.

Edited by Waker, 10 April 2011 - 07:19 PM.

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#15 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 11 April 2011 - 01:57 AM

Never heat a egg in the microwave, it'll explode! With the shell you've got some eggy C4. Without, maybe, not too sure on that. Don't believe me?

*Skip to 1:29 if you just want to see it go boom!*
Yb97M6h1Jsc

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#16 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:36 AM

For the love of Pete, never ever ever put silverware in the microwave. Damn near exploded that thing when I was a kid and didn't know that.

Also, eat your ramen quickly. After a while if you don't start eating, the noodles will have absorbed all of the broth. D=

2j87ib.jpg

#17 Twist of Fate

Twist of Fate

Page

• Page
  • 58 posts

Posted 29 June 2011 - 03:04 AM

Here's a tip for Oatmeal: Put water in the bowl before putting the bowl into the microwave. The entire thing will smoke up like a finely smoked ham. I kid you not.
Posted Image
Posted Image

Nothing is true, everything is permitted

#18 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:20 PM

Oatmeal. Put enough milk or water to cover 1.5 times as much oatmeal. Otherwise it will be runny after you get it out of the oven. I have always put too much after I pour what I think is enough milk for some reason ._. need to think about it more/look how much I really am pouring.

Also, putting milk/water after you realize you put too little lessens the flavor :l

11vpmw8.jpg

— Mark Twain

#19 Ham is Yum

Ham is Yum

Page

• Page
  • 34 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 07:30 PM

Oatmeal. Put enough milk or water to cover 1.5 times as much oatmeal. Otherwise it will be runny after you get it out of the oven. I have always put too much after I pour what I think is enough milk for some reason ._. need to think about it more/look how much I really am pouring.

Also, putting milk/water after you realize you put too little lessens the flavor :l

I remember that happening to me too xDD
Also to add onto the oatmeal part, my friend taught me how to make maple syrup oatmeal really sweet if it's not sweet enough for you (this was back in winter camp. No fast food, no candy allowed, no chocolate, have mercy D: ).

Before pouring the milk or water into the oatmeal, add two or three teaspoons of sugar to it, then stir. It makes it taste so good! You could also use sweet milk too, but I doubt people use it like she does.

Okay, do not forget to make sure that when you're making rice, to turn down the heat afterwards and cover the pot. I was making sticky rice for a bento box, and I forgot that part. There was nothing moist or sticky about that rice. . >__<
Posted Image

[Today 11:13 PM] Crimson Jazz: Yeah, it'll just simulate their picks.

#20 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 30 July 2011 - 08:04 PM

If you confuse baking soda with baking powder, it makes the cake explode.

I'd like the echo that baking soda and baking powder are not interchangeable.
Posted Image