Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 07 May 2011 - 06:52 AM

http://kotaku.com/#!...st-game-console

Since Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are banned in China. They decided to make their own system. It doesn't look too great or amazing or anything. But there's talks of it coming overseas. It has to reach 1 million sales in China first of course. Do you think that the Isec could get in on the market? Would it be a threat, even a small one, to the main three consoles?

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 08 May 2011 - 02:01 AM

I think it is too early to make that much of a guess if one is going off of that article. It could be a threat even a minor one or a complete flop, it depends on what kind of technology they used, how much and in what ways they thought about the gamer using it, what kind of games would be available for it, even how it is advertised could have an impact on sales. I'm actually kind of curious about this because I wonder if it will simply be copying the techniques and concepts of the PS3, Wii, and Xbox, or if there will be some aspect of it that makes it unique and worth whatever the price tag is.

However with that said the simple fact that it is their first console means that unless they can pull something grandiose out of the proverbial hat it will most likely not amount to much outside of China. The console will probably do well in China due to it being legal but at the same time it will probably have its fair share of bugs to deal with and might not be worth the effort until a newer version of it comes out.

I am curious though as to what it will be like. It might not be a threat when it first comes out but it could become one with enough persistence.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#3 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2012 - 03:56 PM

http://kotaku.com/#!...st-game-console

Since Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo are banned in China. They decided to make their own system. It doesn't look too great or amazing or anything. But there's talks of it coming overseas. It has to reach 1 million sales in China first of course. Do you think that the Isec could get in on the market? Would it be a threat, even a small one, to the main three consoles?

.-.
I thought I replied to this thread already...

For one, I think it's absolutely crazy that Sony, Microsoft, and Nintendo are banned in China. Why? I never knew this.

I honestly don't think that the console looks that bad. It seems like I mix between an Xbox and a Wii in terms of appearance. How it works, however, could be a different story entirely.

I really don't think that the console should come overseas. I don't quite see the point since what we have is good enough, and... I don't know. I just don't like it. I don't really think it would be a threat, though. I can't see enough or good enough games being released to make it worthwhile or make it successful, and for any company to try to really push for its success would be a waste. This would likely only take away from the sales of what is already around; I think there would be much more profit in just focusing on what we have now and boosting those sales with good games and such.

At any rate, it's been over a year now, and there doesn't seem to be any news about this. Maybe it didn't do to well. I guess there isn't anything to worry about it coming here, if this is the case.

Posted Image

#4 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 31 May 2012 - 05:15 AM

The reason our consoles are banned in China probably has something to do with the fact that China has a communist government. That's the only thin I can think of.

As for the console, I kind of like it. Not sure if I would buy it.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens