#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:02 PM

As much as I love Pizza, I can't consider it to be a Veggie. Sure it can have lots of it, and then you could consider it a vegetable. But not all Pizza would be a Vegetable as Congress is trying to say. I guess kids can use the excuse when they eat Pizza now, they are eating their vegetables. This is obviously just to try and not lose money from big budget agencies really. Just like other shit in politics. Always about money, money, money, rather then the true real issues that need to be addressed.

Do you think Pizza should be taken of School Lunches? What about Fries? Tatter Tots? Those fries that look like smilie faces? I think theres a line that we need to really reach as to where the health of our childrens lunches don't cross. Pizza once a week won't hurt you. Let gets have a Friday Pizza day with Fries. Give them healthy meals the rest of the week. Serve them good food and not shitty meals either. Make sure to have fruit and veggies on each tray for them. I think kids can have at least one day of getting a little no so health lunch. Most of the time on a Friday they'll go home and have some sort of take out. Be it fast food, pizza, hoagies, steaks or whatever anyway.

http://www.huffingto...ec3_lnk1|112675

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:33 PM

Like you said, keeping them for just Fridays is fine. Heck, I remember that, I loved looking forward to those potato smiles. :)

Monday-Thursday, they can serve some healthy stuff for once. My high school serves pizza and fries everyday to those with money, and I hardly even eat any lunch despite getting it for free because most of the stuff has the bad combo of being bad for your health and tasting bad. Plus, a lot of this stuff has so much cheese in it...I want lunch, not diaherra. >_o;

2j87ib.jpg

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:37 PM

I know a lot of people hate the fact of kids eating Pizza once a week. But I don't see the harm in it if they are eating healthy and getting a lot of activity and exercise... =/ I think a lot of people are taking this whole eat healthy craze a little too far. Sure, a lot of kids need to eat better. But it's not Pizza doing it. It's the massive amounts of Soda and sugary drinks and candy doing it to be honest.

That in combination with all the Mcdonalds they eat... I would get McD's maybe once or twice a week when I was in elementary just because I wanted it for after school or dinner. I wasn't fat or unhealthy though. I stayed active and was a nice weight, which I think really is the key in all of it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:40 PM

Pizza and other fried food are just for Fridays in my book (unless we're celebrating something else earlier in the week). Besides, what are people thinking by making this stuff classified as vegetables? Yes they are made out of lots of vegetable, but then it's just dipped into oil and as the same time, it absorbs it. Don't me wrong, I love eating this stuff but you gotta keep healthy was well >.>

Besides, people cry about the obesity/health problems with kids, so why let them eat this stuff everyday?

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 15 November 2011 - 10:44 PM

Yea, I agree with you Dream. People complain about their kids eating it or blame the school for serving it when they can send their kids in with a packed lunch. Which is 9 out of 10 times healthier then what the school would be giving them by any means. It's mostly the parents to blame for their children but schools and their terrible lunch menus don't help at all. Which is why I support making the food better but taking away everything and only allowing all this healthy food that many kids really wont eat isn't the way to go.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png