#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:31 AM

Since Christmas is tomorrow, I thought I'd ask KG what you guys eat on Christmas.

Do you cook a turkey? A ham? Something different? Does your family bake cookies at all around this time and have them on Christmas day? Any other special things you or or family makes or eats during Christmas time?

My family generally would cook hams at Christmas. But in recent years I got them to switch to Turkey instead. We'll have stuffing with mashed potatoes, a side of corn and rolls. Occasionally we'll have some other things added in if someone wants something else.

We'll make cookies as well. Usually the premade ones where you just pull them apart and place them on a sheet. The special Christmas themed ones with Snowman or Rudolph are what we get. This year we went a bit different and got a tube of Sugar Cookie Dough. My, Kain and my father all were out in the kitchen today flatting the dough and making Christmas Tree Shaped sugar cookies with green crystals sprinkled ontop of it. We made them a bit wrong and they turned out to be really huge. They still taste great at least. Today my mother, Kain and I are going to be making Gingerbread Cookies. Going to shape some into Gingerbreads and others into just small balls that we'll roll in Sugar (more like a sugar substitute since I'm diabetic and can't eat too much sugar so everyone is sacrificing a bit of taste for my sake...)

We also got... 104 Candy Canes to eat. A lot of which are on the tree right now. We have tons of candy to eat come Christmas as well. I got a ton of candy cheap for everyone so I hope they'll all like it.

Sorry for the long rant. Christmas is a pretty big holiday for my family and we get into it a lot. This one is a bit more special. If you know what all has been going on in my life as of recent, you'd understand pretty easily why.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Ok I will be black about this.

Mashed potatoes, Potato Salad, Chedder ranch soaked potatoes, collard/mustard/turnip greens, Cornbread, Turkey, Ham, Steak, wild berry cobler, sweet potato pie, better than sex chocolate cake, oatmeal cookies (Which on of these is not like the other) White chocolate chip macadamiun nut bars, turtle cheesecake, Stuffing, brownies, 7up cake, stuffing, awesome macaroni and cheese, and I think that's it. Oh yeah Hawaiian sweet rolls, banana bread, Ummm ..... Yeah thats it. I think. oh Candied Yams, and regular sugar cookies. (knew he forgot something) Oh of course a regular salad.

Edited by Griever, 24 December 2011 - 04:57 AM.

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:54 AM

Me and my family really eat whatever we can think of. Normally we used to get this already sliced up turkey fillets that were already stuffed. All we would do is just put them in the oven and enjoy. We couldn't be bothered to go tradition, well until last year of course. We made a full turkey since we wanted to try something new, and now we're trying to go a little more "traditional" with Christmas. This year we're going to try making a ham leg, not sure what recipe we'll use but hey, we're still gonna try. Oh, we also have other things you'd have with a roast like garlic bread and mashed potatoes.

We normally make cookies during the day too, but I'm not sure if we will this year. We're gonna try make lolly logs instead since my little sister has the recipe to them. She'll have to be the head chef when we make them o-o (never thought I'd say that). I'm hoping maybe next year we get to make more sweet stuff like gingerbread men.

Yeah. Well, to be honest, the more I think about it I'd have to say we're very flexible when it comes to Christmas foods :x.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 Axel Ryman

Axel Ryman

Page

• Page
  • 136 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:56 AM

Normally ham, mashed potatoes, corn, and some other stuff that I don't eat. Cookies and brownies are usually made for me since I'm not a big eater of pies, but sometimes a pie is made for my mom or uncle to enjoy. We don't do anything special for the cookies or brownies, it's just normal chocolate chip and brownies. Sometimes sugar cookies get made.

#5 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:03 AM

All of that sounds rather nice guys. I like what your family does by the way Dream. It probably is fun to have different things and change things up every year. Having the same food every Christmas can be a bit boring or so. That's why I always try to change things up, add a few new spices or something to food. Even if it's only a little bit.

I forgot about pies... we'll be baking a pumpkin and apple pie. My father wouldn't allow that to not happen. The Apple pie will be gone before the night probably. That or half the cookies. I'm thinking of making a funfeti cake with whipped white icing with sprinkling M&Ms on top. M&Ms are Kains idea in a way. She brought up her dad would do something of that and I thought it'd be a neat thing to add to the cake.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#6 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 December 2012 - 01:21 AM

So Im bumping this now.

Christmas is coming once again and my family is going to try something different this year. We're going to make a turkey and a ham for this years christmas. Should be pretty interesting. Going to have mashed potatoes, cranberry-rasberry sauce, mac and cheese, stuffing, dinner rolls, salad, pumpkin and apple pie and gingerbread cookies for desert. Should be pretty amazing <3

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png