#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 04:59 AM

Got it as part of a Christmas present with a mixer and a Nuwave Oven. I've been looking at drinks I can blend up and make. Non-alcoholic drinks of course. I've been looking for a lot of fruit juices or so to make. Been told to make a nice drink by combining Sprite, Black Berries, Lemon and Cranberries. Was told it's pretty good when mixed with chopped Ice and a lemon wedge put on top.

But anyway, does anyone have any smoothies, fruit drinks, slushes, etc, recipes at all? Wanting to not only eat but drink healthy as well. Going to try to make a lot of Fruit and Health Shakes too. So anything you know that I could try out with my new blender I'd love to hear about it. =3

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:09 AM

Mango a pineapple with a bit of lemon sherbet is really good depending on the juice base you use. It depends Tart, sweet? Do you have a certain preference? I would suggest you get different flavor sherberts. Lemon, lime and Orange are fantastic enhancers.

Bananas a straw berry with a guava fruit base and Not sure if I used sherbet but if I did I am pretty sure it was Orange. For a more tart You'd want to use Orange sherbert with a lemonade base and some strawberries... possibly add a few blackberries if available. You can also do tropical (which is easy and pretty sure everyone knows mango, pineapple and guava and kiwi's would do the trick. If you want to make a sweet blueberry one you'd want blue berries bananas with an orange sherbet and a fruit of your choice tho I highly recommend peaches (which also makes a fantastic sherbet sweetener for drinks)

Those are some of my random ones ._. It really does depend on what your taste buds want and how powerful your blender is ._. the more juice in the mixture with a nice amount of crushed ice the better it will taste.

#3 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:17 AM

Blender is really strong. Crushed whole ice in a matter of seconds, turned it into a snow like form so no worries there.

As for tastes, any berries are great. Bananas are fine, Strawberries too really. I'm up for trying almost anything. I used to not like Mangos or kiwis but I've grown into liking them when mixed with other things in drinks.

I hadn't thought of using Sherbet at all either. A nice lemon sherbet with strawberries and blackberries seems like it would be pretty wonderful.

Definitely got a lot of ideas from what you've posted only briefly on. I know that theres a place out in the west coast. Jamba Juice I believe? I was told to look them up for things to copy and make. Said they were pretty much the best in the states for any type of Smoothie like drink.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#4 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 December 2011 - 05:23 AM

Uh yeah I love Jamba Juice. A ton of what I even listed is combinations they have there. It's all fruit and sherbet with some type of a juice base ._. Like if you copied them which isn't hard seeing as they don't even add anything to I want to say all of their drinks.

To be 100% After having a few of their drinks I learned to make them myself. We have a running joke that Douche Bags drink at Jamba Juice. We say this because only douche bags would go around acting healthy to the point of drinking healthy with name brand of Healthy Eating around town literally saying "Oh yeah I drink healthy smoothies that are good for me and I want you to know it xD" Yeah copy and past Jamba and you'll be seriously happy. I personally don't know their juice bases but the Simple Brand usually lends me good results.