10 replies to this topic

#1 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:03 AM

Aha, I thought I might as well throw out this idea and what your opinions are on it, maybe improve or something. I doubt it'll actually be an rp on here since anyone who rp's is already busy with a few others, but just to get an idea on what people will like I say why not put it out there. Hey someone else can even take this idea and make it better if they want :x

Here it is. In the rp we are all patients of an asylum. Not any ordinary asylum though, or ordinary patient for that matter. We are thought to be the most dangerous patients in the entire world. It's based on an unmarked island in the pacific ocean. Us patients live in a huge asylum undergoing "treatment". Which is just a nice way so saying that they're trying to "fix" us with intense therapy sessions and other session that involving being pumped with steroids and other drugs. What are they trying to fix? Well funny enough, it's not a mental problem, or at least a "problem" that you'd find in a book. These children had mind powers. Some can read the mind, other can lift things with their mind, make thing heat itself up, make things explode, the list goes on. Each child has their own unique mind power. The people in the asylum prevent us from using these powers thought with circlets that mess up the brain waves when it detects abnormal brain activity, aka, the attempt to use their power. Now you're thinking that shouldn't matter since people should have control over their emotions and be able to think things through maturly. Hah, you're wrong there (unless of course your mental "problem" is basically having a mind that works like a computer). Us patients are only children. How young? How about 6-12 years old?

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:17 AM

Possibly. It'd depend on what type of write up you had for the story, I'm only slightly hesitant cus CoM is kinda like that, (power wise) But this would take place in an institution so I guess, how would you go about the story in such a small environment under "probably" massive security, and a ton of controlled environments? I am genuinely curious tho. (Would have to wrap up an RP or 2 before he was able to join tho).

#3 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 12:36 AM

Possibly. It'd depend on what type of write up you had for the story, I'm only slightly hesitant cus CoM is kinda like that, (power wise) But this would take place in an institution so I guess, how would you go about the story in such a small environment under "probably" massive security, and a ton of controlled environments? I am genuinely curious tho. (Would have to wrap up an RP or 2 before he was able to join tho).

Yeah power wise it was a little like CoM. The difference is that everything that you can do with your powers (or problem as they would say in this rp) has to only be done by the brain. What I mean by this is that you can't shoot fire balls out of your hand, you can't create weapons, sprout wings or disappear etc. It's a little complicated kinda. This idea is still pretty fresh in my head :l. A major thing is that these children do not have full control over their powers. So at times I may limit their powers, or let them unleash it. It depends on the mood of the patient which causes them to have and outburst.

Plot, now I'm not fully sure on what to do. I would like it if someone could help. I'm hoping for the young patients to escape sometime in the rp, maybe after a day or two days pass. Then they get thrown into the real world. I'm not gonna say who saved them, that's for the actual rp :x. Once they're in the real world then a few events will happen which will cause them to be on the run pretty much 24/7. I am going to try my best to make sure no one is having a dull moment in the rp (or at least a long one, you need to relax from all the action once in a while). The ending, well I have no idea what I'm going to do there at the moment, but I'm gonna try and make it good.

Also the world I'm going to put these people in is gonna be a little shrouded in mystery. I will say it's earth but not as we know it. I'm keeping a few things secret because I wanna surprise people and let them realize what happening as they go along in the rp, like they're actually the people in the rp being thrown into this new world. Not saying that people should be butthurt when their character is butthurt, but to to give them the confusion these young children will have.

Also like I said, I'd love some help with this is people are interested. Someone who's willing to be a GM too if they want. There are lots of RP's running right now so I will hold back this rp until people are ready to join, for the meantime though throw out some ideas and maybe help shape it up eh? Someone else can take charge if they want, just ask.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#4 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:41 AM

Eh, what the hell? I'll do this. I'm pretty interested in how something like this might turn out; the characters being so young and all.
I feel the need to stretch these ol' GM legs of mine, so i'll help with the GM'ing if you'll have me.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#5 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 11 March 2012 - 01:43 AM

Eh. I see myself more as an overseer than a general GM. Besides, E just volunteered for that. :x

Just for the heck of stretching my base of characters just a little further, I may join this when a few things wrap up.

2j87ib.jpg

#6 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:31 AM

Eh, what the hell? I'll do this. I'm pretty interested in how something like this might turn out; the characters being so young and all.
I feel the need to stretch these ol' GM legs of mine, so i'll help with the GM'ing if you'll have me.

Looks like we've got the co-GM then XD. PM me any ideas or anything you think I need to get sorted/fixed up before we plan anything for plot and all that.

Eh. I see myself more as an overseer than a general GM. Besides, E just volunteered for that. :x

Just for the heck of stretching my base of characters just a little further, I may join this when a few things wrap up.

Sweet. Yeah I know lots of RP's are going on so I'm not going to quickly throw this out there. Once a few rp's end I'll throw this up. Any input on the rp idea and stuff is more than welcome btw.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#7 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 11 March 2012 - 02:38 AM

Aye, I shall.
I'm REALLY tired, though. I'll think a little about it before I go to bed, but I don't think i'm in a good state to do any serious work. xD G'night.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#8 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 07:17 PM

I personally like the idea. With some fine tuning, a little bit of a planned out plot, and support, I'm sure it will succeed.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#9 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 12:28 AM

Ah I can't believe this is about 7 months old now x_x. Anyone still interested in this? Last night I managed to spew up a prologue and have a very rough idea on how the plot will go along (for the first session). The above info is important for the first act, I'm still a little unsure on how to go about it with the plot. I made a rough one but I really doesn't get the characters lives in the asylum down so well so it might end up being session two. Yeah not to so sure. Anway take a look at this and see if you guys get interested.

Spoiler

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:05 AM

I'm not sure if I know how to properly roleplay as a 6-12 year old. That's kind of my only hang up about this idea, to be honest.

147.png

#11 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 06 October 2012 - 01:10 AM

Hm, I could increase the ages up to 14 or 16. I'm really trying for younger innocent characters in this RP (hence the name innocent). I think it'd be a change from having older aged characters and the way I see it in my mind it could get really interesting.

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one