12 replies to this topic

#1 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2012 - 01:38 AM

2033; the human race is not incredibly advanced at this point, but we have been making great strides in the fields of robotics, artificial intelligence, and synthetic life. In the year 2020, the very first android was created. The sparked a major movement. Corporations began developing androids and slowly replaced workers with them. By the year 2030, the governments of the world have even taken interest in them. ADCORP, a United States government lab dedicated to the research and development of androids, was among the most advanced labs in the world. Androids began being cranked out of the lab at a rate of 10,000 a day. Just two years later, androids became available for purchase in most consumer markets. Places like Wal-Mart had their own sections for the androids. One could buy an android, upgrades for their androids, personality packs for their androids, knowledge packs for their androids, and other things. These androids could perform a variety of functions. They could clean a house, tend to a yard, babysit children, cook a meal, and even play games with their owner or anyone else. They came in two genders; male and female, and a variety of appearances, which were customizable when ordering online. These androids never got tired. Never got hungry. Never said no.

You play an android. But not just any android. You are a "defective" android currently awaiting decommissioning. What makes you defective? You can feel. You can think for yourself. Despite your pleas that you would be good and that you would do as you were told, they sentenced you to be scrapped, calling you defective and worthless. They called you a machine. But that's impossible. You're not a machine. You're real

You're real.

You're real.

So, still a basic idea, but I want to see if this gets any interest before I expand upon it.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#2 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:02 PM

Dou4Gy0p97Y

'nuff said.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#3 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Dion, your RPs aren't original either. ktnxbai.

Anyway, you have my interest, Epic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#4 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

Dion, your RPs aren't original either. ktnxbai.

Anyway, you have my interest, Epic.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#5 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 03:55 PM

I never said they were. I just usually point out that my RPs are based off something. Ashore was supposed to be a Lost based RP. >_>; The main reason I posted that video was so that Epic could see it if he hadn't, already. Since I do think the idea is pretty interesting.

Also, I didn't really say I wasn't interested. I just don't see how this would work with multiple people. If we're working off something like Kara, we'd need a heavily centralized character and such... so yeah. Just my two cents.

Edited by Dion, 25 May 2012 - 04:34 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#6 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:07 PM

What did you say? o-O Was your post deleted or something, because I don't see a video or stuff anywhere.
This is... loosely based off of something. It was... more inspired by it. I saw an article in Game Informer a month or two ago that had androids in it. That is really where the similarities end.

Really, what I planned was for ADCORP to be the antagonist. I haven't really planned out the story too much. But now that this has some interest, i'll start to expand on that basic idea.

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#7 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:08 PM

Quantic Dream's Kara - YouTube

i had originally posted this video, but Qster decided to be a little girl about it so I assume the post was deleted.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#8 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 25 May 2012 - 11:15 PM

Ah, yeah. That was the game from the article. The article didn't mention the name, I don't think. *Goes to check* No, it didn't say the game name is Kara, but it did mention the name of the android being Kara.

- Christopher Hitchens

#9 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 08:36 AM

I'm a bit interested. Depends tho on the time, and actual RP mechanics.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#10 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 May 2012 - 08:45 AM

I don't know if this is very good for a roleplay with multiple people as much as it is wonderful fodder for a short story delving into what makes someone "alive". I mean, there would end up being (let's just say) 5 decommissioned androids that are player characters. I don't think the idea is as strong when a unique idea of a protagonist is spread out among multiple people.

Not sure if I worded this correctly at all.

147.png

#11 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 27 May 2012 - 09:11 AM

Yeah, now that i'm starting to make the actual story, I feel that way too. If all 4 of you are interested, I could get it up by Thursday, probably. Next Sunday at the latest.
But i'd have to cut off registration at you guys. Meaning, only you four, plus me will be in it.

- Christopher Hitchens

#12 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:23 PM

Yeah, now that i'm starting to make the actual story, I feel that way too. If all 4 of you are interested, I could get it up by Thursday, probably. Next Sunday at the latest.
But i'd have to cut off registration at you guys. Meaning, only you four, plus me will be in it.

I have to echo Val's sentiments and as such, don't know if I'm as interested in the premise. I'll tag along and see if it can be promising, though.

#13 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 30 May 2012 - 04:02 AM

Alrighty, Dion. Welcome aboard.
xD I'm actually just happy that this got any replies at all.

- Christopher Hitchens