Photo
- - - - -

The Official 2012 Electronics Entertainment Expo (E3) Thread!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 02 June 2012 - 08:57 PM

With E3 coming this week, what are you excited about? What are you dreading? Who do you think will "Win" E3? Who do you think "Won" E3 last year? Are they/have they been delivering?

I'm pretty excited to see what Valve has to offer this year. Rumor has it they've finally learned to count to three.

I really want to see Nintendo "Win" E3 again. They pulled off one hell of a show last year, but we haven't seen much of a delivery. Nintendo Definitely won E3 last year to me. They DID say most things were coming in 2012, though, so I suppose it is to be expected that it could have been withheld until E3.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#2 Secret Felix

Secret Felix

Knight

• Knight
  • 823 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

Is it too much to hope for some new Fabula Nova Crystallis info?
Posted Image

#3 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2012 - 09:48 PM

I want to see a new 3DS system. With dual analog sticks.
I also want to see better screen resolution and resulting better graphics on said new 3DS system.
I don't really like the Start, Select, and Home "buttons," either--I would like them to become actual buttons again...

Posted Image

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:43 PM

Judging from what Square is bringing to E3, we got nothing Final Fantasy XIII related. Then again, we could be surprised.

147.png

#5 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:55 PM

All I want for E3hristmas is gameplay for Halo 4 and Black Ops II.

katy-perry-dark-horse-5.gif

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 09:55 PM] *Ralor cries*
[Today 09:55 PM] Ralor: ;-; I am an abomination to evolution
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system
[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i used to be addicted coke

It's okay, Dion...it's okay.

#6 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:09 PM

Gameplay of Halo 4 doesn't seem to be very much different from Reach. It's all pretty old hat by this point.

My wishlist is a reduced price on current Nintendo handhelds, more information on a few MIA games like Last Guardian and the like, and for Square to show me something new and fun and restore my faith in Final Fantasy not being a brand on the way out.

Outside of that, I'm hoping to see Dead Space 3 not look like a cash in sequel, and for a few new IPs that genuinely interest me instead of being wastes of time. Also maybe info on next-gen consoles.

147.png

#7 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

I also want to see more gameplay for AC3, and some exclusives for the 360, most of which I hope are new IPs. Sadly, BioShock Infinite will not be making an appearance at E3 since it got delayed to 2013.

Holy crap! I just looked out my window and saw a huge ball of fire in the sky!!!

Oh wait.....

[Today 03:03 PM] Dion: i was addicted to the point where i couldnt function without some coke in my system

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 03 June 2012 - 01:04 AM

Honestly, I want new Vitas and 3DS. I know its so early but I;d love to see redesigns of the 3dS and the Vita with different colors and styles though.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 01:43 PM

So Microsoft just finished, and, well...

Halo 4 looks really really cool, and seems to be an interesting new addition to the series. Tomb Raider looks /amazing/ and I'm REALLY excited to get my hands on it. The new South Park game also makes me very very very very happy. It looks absolutely amazing.

And then there was Call of Duty. I don't know what they were trying to do with it, but the gameplay they showed for it was slow, boring, and seemed like it was trying too hard to be outrageously beautiful (and don't get me wrong, it looked fantastic) and didn't try too hard at all to actually be a fun and engaging game. Looked more like an interactive movie, like how some people try to complain that RPG games are becoming, only worse. Because the times in-between the cutscenes were boring. :I

Basically, what they showed only reinforced everything I've always thought about CoD. Boring. Slow. Not fun. Maybe it's just the campaign, but that's the ONLY reason they would need to release a brand new game. A new campaign. Otherwise all of what they do to multiplayer could just be DLC. So I expected the game to actually be good.

They're doing another gameplay trailer now, so meh. Maybe it'll be better?

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#10 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 03:45 PM

I can only say that the best part of the conference was easily Tomb Raider and the worst was easily Call of Duty: Black Ops 2. Sad thing is that the latter will probably get more sales than the former.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#11 Crimson Jazz

Crimson Jazz

Knight

• Knight
  • 851 posts

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:00 PM

You guys are just Call of Duty haters.

Oh wait.....

#12 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

CoD BO2 bored me to tears. Horribad demo. The extended demo they showed on Spike after looked better, but of all the shooters shown so far, it looks by far and away the most boring.

147.png

#13 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

I think Call of Duty is very overrated.
I do respect Treyarch for trying new things and trying to innovate in an industry where huge companies never (or rarely) innovate.
On the flip side of the coin, I have no respect for Infinity Ward. I do not care what anyone says. They recycle the same old, tired ideas and offer nothing really "new" with their Call of Duty games. I was so relieved when my clan announced that they were not going to do anything with MW3. I just thought "great, now I don't have to waste another $60."

So, in closing, Call of Duty is not a fantastic game.

But Treyarch is trying

Treyarch >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Infinity Ward

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens

#14 Reservoir

Reservoir

Owner

• Emperor
  • 561 posts
  • Wrong choice.

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 06:59 PM

So, Assassin's Creed already had my attention before (I watched the preview for the Assassin's Creed game shown I think last year at E3,) and I was thinking of getting into the series. This? The idea behind the story is really cool and seems different to me, and the game looks fantastic. I'll probably end up picking up a game of the series sooner or later; hopefully, I'll like it so that I buy more and have a new series to enjoy.

Posted Image

#15 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:33 PM

So far I think the best things out of E3's first day are probably Beyond, Watch_Dogs, and The Last of Us. Possibly even Star Wars 1313. Those are a few nice titles and 3 of them are new IPs, which is awesome.

Tomb Raider looks really good, my fanboy says Halo 4 was awesome (even if the enemies are VERY iffy and kind of lame looking), and Assassin's Creed 3 looks absolutely fantastic.

I'm quite pleased so far and it's only really day 1.

147.png

#16 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:38 PM

Yeah, so far my list of games I'm interested are:

Tomb Raider (even though I didn't really see it for E3 but I'll put it here anyway)
Rayman Legends ASDFGHJKL;
Beyond
The Last of Us
Watch Dogs
not sure about Assassin's Creed Liberation but I'll keep an eye on it
also not sure about Book of Spells but I'll probably end up getting it because Harry Potter v_v

and then games which were revealed before E3 but were shown there

Assassin's Creed 3
Sony Smash Bros.

and I feel like I'm missing something there but welp it's probably not too important if I forgot about it

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Book of Spells could either be a fun little thing to explore the Harry Potter mythos deeper... or... it could just poop all over it. I hope to lean towards the former.

I just really wonder the target demographic of these books. I assumed children but then they had adults using them and I don't even know.

147.png

#18 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 04 June 2012 - 11:12 PM

Oh yeah I also think the South Park game looks good so I'll keep an eye on that.

I don't really like the Start, Select, and Home "buttons," either--I would like them to become actual buttons again...

Oh and I didn't see this earlier so I'll put it here. They are buttons. Unless you mean like separate buttons like the ABXY and whatever, but you press them down and everything. They're not like a touchscreen thing. ._.

Edited by Sodomize-it Soro, 04 June 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#19 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 05 June 2012 - 12:40 PM

aww, did i already miss the Last Of Us trailer? ._. thats the one game that i saw in gameinformer magazine that really interested me.

i also just saw the little preview of the new god of war, always been a fan of that series. COD i dont really care for, i've played it a few times but im not that good lol always dying.

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#20 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 10:22 PM

The only interesting thing I'm waiting for is NBA 2K13.
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.