• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Midnight

Midnight

Page

• Page
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:44 PM

Brad hammered this out before bed last night. What do you guys think?

Long ago, when the Elven homeland of Almasu was still young, a terrible war ravaged the land. Two races, who would later be known as the High Elves and the Dark Elves, struggled for power over the new land. The High Elves, loyal to their gods, believed the land to be a gift from their higher beings. The Dark Elves worshipped their animal and warrior gods; these barbaric beings, who had been on Almasu since the beginning of time, believed that this land was their birthright and that the High Elves had no right to take it. Under a common enemy, the Dark Elves united. They formed a large city and named it Viil, after their chief god. They tore up the land day after day. It seemed like nothing could stop them. But then, when all seemed lost, the High Elven gods gifted their kind with powerful weapons of war; Knights. five-hundred in all, each more powerful than the next. Not even the Dark Elves' strongest spear could pierce the armor of the knights. With these knights, the High Elves pushed the new Dark Elven empire to the brink of destruction. Then, during the great seige of Viil, the Dark Elves surrendered. The Knights, save for three most powerful of them, were destroyed. The three that survived only did because of the old Dark Elven king. Believing he could use the power of the Knights for his own evil purposes, he took them and hid them away in treasure vaults around Almasu. There, for thousands of years, they've stayed hidden, protected by a secret cult of Dark Elves. But one day, one of the Knights went missing. This would set in motion a chain of events that would theaten the country of Almasu, and maybe even the world.

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'm always -always- interested in a more traditional sword and shield fantasy setting with elves/humes/dwarves/middle earth like stuff.

Would we be playing elves only? I'm rather interested o:

147.png

#3 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

It sound's interesting but are we only playing Elves? I dislike Elves for several reasons.

#4 Midnight

Midnight

Page

• Page
  • 177 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:54 PM

So far, Brad has only told me about humans, high elves, dark elves, orcs, and dwarves. He said that there may be more if he thinks of anymore. He is open to suggestions too.

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 18 July 2012 - 08:59 PM

I'm definitely interested in a high fantasy roleplay. You have my sword no doubt.

147.png

#6 Epic

Epic

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,196 posts
  • I'M BACK BITCHES

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:53 PM

Welcome aboard, val. :3
So, we have a question from Blade, (I will get to that in a moment) a yes from val, and a yes from Tori. I think it's safe to post an OOC.

As for your question, Blade, you will have the option to play as those races Tori listed. I also added four more at the last minute. These last four are DnD based. Looked through my Player's Handbook and Monster Manuel and got four from that.

hitchens-1949-2011-by-Gasper-Tringale.jp

“Take the risk of thinking for yourself. Much more happiness, truth, beauty, and wisdom will come to you that way. I promise."

- Christopher Hitchens