5 replies to this topic

#1 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 01:27 PM

Ivalice has changed

Centuries have passed since airships last took to the sky. No longer is Ivalice’s fate bound by the chains of the Occuria – no longer do immaculate cities grace the landscape of the once fertile lands- no longer do buildings rise to touch the sky. Now not more than a barren landscape, Ivalice has changed.

Who Are You?

Part of a special subdivision of The Ivalice Expansion Guild, you work tirelessly to ensure that the little population of Ivalice is able to expand and reproduce harmlessly. As part of a combat oriented division, you help clear fields to ensure cities are void of monster infestations and habitable. Division Zero members are transferred to population “hubs”, people of which will slowly migrate and establish more cities in an attempt to bring Ivalice back to her former glory. Newly transferred to the hub of the old city of Arsela, you are to help in the first steps in establishing a new city, northwest to the hub.

How this will work:

You guys know how Brave Story worked in the past. I’ve made some tweaks and changes to the story to help with a more flowing setup. We no longer have those “Go into the dungeons to open gate” quests. Quests will be more plot oriented, but at the same time, I wish to give you all a sense of freedom that was absent when I first made the RP. My character will no longer be the “squad leader”, since there will be none – simply a squad that works as one.

The Ivalice Expansion Guild has been expanded on and changed. Instead of headquarters with one head that overlooks the whole region, TIEG has been made to have subdivisions – each numbered based on which step in the expansion process they play a role in.

You’ll be part of Division Zero because you’ll be helping clear monsters of areas that are habitable (naturally the first thing that needs to be done in the expansion process). This also eliminates the “let’s move a caravan of 2400 people for 400 miles!” kind of deal. Other divisions will of course include the transportation division, the housing division, and the resource division. Each division will be headed by a different person in each “hub”. Over them, will be the regional managers and finally, above all regional managers will be the leader of the whole guild. Basic stuff, you get the idea.

The basic premise of the story hasn’t changed since we never got into the juicy bits, but the history and direction of the RP will be more or less the same. Battle system will be largely unchanged aside from the addition of battle logs and the use of Google drive, which was brilliantly suggested by Iggy. This eliminates the need for us to all be online at the same time and people can make quick posts to get stuff done faster. It’s a working solution.

Last but not least, you are allowed to “import” your characters from the old Brave story – stats, race, weapons and all. Levels will likely be discarded, but you can keep them all the same, if you so wish. New characters are just as welcome, though. I will likely throw together a spread sheet with all the weapons and races and relevant stuff if we gather enough attention. OoCs will remain more or less the same.

PS - I will likely change the name of the RP all together, since this is a fresh start. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#2 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:20 PM

For importing characters, can I change personality and keep everything else pretty much?

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#3 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:21 PM

I'm in regardless, with Malgen making his reprise.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 15 February 2013 - 02:26 PM

For importing characters, can I change personality and keep everything else pretty much?

Yes, of course. O:

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 17 February 2013 - 01:54 AM

I'd be in again, I suppose

147.png

#6 KershaFangs

KershaFangs

Page

• Page
  • 212 posts
  • The Golden Lycan

Posted 18 February 2013 - 01:50 PM

I'll try again. Classes killed my free time last semester. I want more pretty boy Taub antics.