#1 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 11 May 2013 - 02:15 PM

In an age of expansion and exploration came the rigid structure of modern society. Oppressive rules and restriction would keep the poor and downtrodden in the destitute conditions they were born into. With this age, a modern marvel rose to the surface - the airship. The every open skies meant many things to many people. For all, though... it meant freedom.

The World

Set in turn of the century European style, the skies are inhabited by massive vessels of iron, wood, and canvas balloons. Large frigates and smaller leisure vessels travel the airspace in a slow-moving symphony. Well-dressed men in petty coats and fifteen-dubloon navy caps captain the skies as the rough and tumble skilled, worn hands man the delicate controls that keep these impossible contraptions afloat.

Life on the ground is oppressive and strict, with downtrodden slums that pay tribute to the crown. Those who speak out, rebelliously, or even slightly out of line, are struck down with swift prejudice. There exist legends of a land across the sea where people live free and life is more leisurely paced, but few have ever seen these emerald shores

Who Are You?

You are a crewman of a ship that's performing a routine trip between the Castle and the Provinces. You are specialized in doing your job expertly well, though you come from different backgrounds and histories. Your goals are your own, but together you work for a single goal. However, if anything is certain about the skies, they are as unpredictable as the weather.

Crewmembers

- Captain (Controls and directs the other crewmembers. Their word is law)

- Gunners (expert marksmen who are deadly with rifles as well as the heavy cannons on the gunships)

- Engineers (greasemonkeys who are tasked with keeping the bird in the air and the balloons well fed)

- Navigator (wheelmen who can direct and steer impossibly huge barges as if they were toys)

- More tasks can be added as needed

So yeah o,o I wonder if this would be interesting enough. It would essentially be a slice of life type roleplay in an oppressive society with a few more lofty goals and maybe an interesting setting with lots of things to explore and do while working together as a team.

147.png

#2 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:02 PM

I like the idea of steampunk airships and stuff. Also.

I CALL GUNNERS POSITION.

I'll have a salty sky-dog who spits like every five-to-fifteen minutes. He's seen his share of wars but doesn't consider himself a hero, just merely a knucklehead who doesn't agree with death's methods of killing him, instead opting to die peacefully. Although he doesn't want to die violently he's also as reckless they come, hopping across airships, not fearing the plummet, gunning for his target.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#3 Griever

Griever

Squire

• Squire
  • 511 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

not a fan of exploring pirates and ship stuff (that's not one piece). I decline :<

#4 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 12 May 2013 - 08:04 AM

Yes. I'm not even going to give an explanation as to why other than the fact I love all the things you've planned for this. I SHALL JOIN THIS.

Oh, but I would like to mention that Lookout or Deckhand jobs should be added to those lists. Deckhands as in people who do the tasks of keeping the ship working on board and (if you wish to include this into the category) people who deal with the messier jobs. Lookout is self explanatory.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#5 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 12 May 2013 - 07:18 PM

I think Gunners should also be able to manage non-powder-based weapons, like harpoons, but I like it.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman