#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:35 PM

With all the rumors flying around listing prices from 600 to 1,300, I decided to make a thread asking what you'd like to see the price be for them. Including their games.

Personally, I'd be willing to pay 500 dollars at most for a new console. Anything more then that and it starts to get fairly unreasonable. As for games, I'd say a fair price would be 60. 70 at most for games that are rather extensive.

Rumor has it that they'll be 99-136 dollars based on Amazon prices. But they are most likely placeholders for sure.

What are you willing to pay for a new system and games for it? Are you going to wait a while to get a system and hope for a 'slim' version to come out relatively soon that has more GB storage and so on?

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#2 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 30 May 2013 - 09:57 PM

I love me some slim versions. But I'll very likely be holding off on getting any later gen consoles. Partially because of price, partially because of nostalgia goggles (and also because it remains surprising the amount of games I need to find/try still).

I honestly can see myself not getting Xbox One/PS4, and those price ranges for games really contribute to that. It would hit me right in the nonexistent wallet. Going above $600 seems ridiculous as hell, though, and $600 itself is actually sort of pushing for a console. Especially if those games are gonna cost an arm and a leg.

Edited by Dexel, 30 May 2013 - 09:58 PM.

2j87ib.jpg

#3 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 30 May 2013 - 11:19 PM

Games haven't been announced to be rising at all in price, and if they do, then they're pretty much screwing themselves. I'd also be shocked if the new consoles retailed for anything over 400.

147.png

#4 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 31 May 2013 - 01:41 AM

Getting it two or more years after the release date, that's for sure. When prices drop to ~500

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#5 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:24 PM

I'd like free, but it's going to probably be at least $300. Games I heard might drop to $50 but these handheld games being $40 may mean a further drop.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#6 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 05:45 PM

I can't really say anything bad about games being 49.99-69.99 because they really haven't gone up at all from the NES/N64/PS1 eras really. I remember paying 49.99 for Super Smash Bros. when it came out. Think I paid 49.99 for FF VIII and IX too. So yea... game prices being around there is fine for me since they have always been there.

The console though, I really don't want to see a 600 dollar tag like we did with the PS3. Keeping it low, around 399-499 would probably be pretty great. I'm honestly hoping for a few creative bundles from this. Like Microsoft going with a 299, or something, version with a smaller Harddrive but you have to subscribe to Live for two years and make the payment when you get the X One. You'll have your system, 2 years of live, and maybe a decent 250GB HD, all for 299+ the cost of whatever they make Live come at.

Sony could do the same thing but give you a year or two of PS+. I'd honestly LOVE to see a huge bundle from Sony, but it won't happen. The bundle I'd love would be getting a PS4 with whatever size HD they want to give honestly, a Vita, and a year of PS+ for under 600 dollars. I think I'd buy that in an instant. Vitas are like 250 right now so yea.Getting a vita at the moment is just not worth it for lack of games. The handheld is actually really amazing in terms of gameplay, visuals, sound, feel, basically everything. It's a really nice improvement to the PSP and it's sad that it's not getting as much recognition as it deserves. I'm really hoping the PS4 does extremely well and they incorporate the Vita into it allowing for both to thrive. I know I can't be the only one to want the Vita to be a success so we can get ps2 games on the damn thing and carry them wherever we want to go.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#7 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 31 May 2013 - 10:53 PM

If sony sells a PS4/Vita bundle, I may find it really -really- hard to resist. Just saying. Also I hope that Xbox Live goes free or at least drops in sub cost. I can deal with 60/year for it, but I'd rather pay 50 like it used to be, or even less. Ah well.

147.png

#8 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 07 June 2013 - 06:50 PM

A lot of rumors are flying around again. Even moreso, a few very good analysts in the gaming world have said that the PS4 will most likely launch at a price lower then 400 dollars. While One will be 400 itself. Some say this is because of One coming with Kinect so it costs more. They also say it will only cost Sony 275 or so dollars to make the PS4. So if they sell for 349 like they are saying, they'll make a 75 dollar profit for each console they sell. Granted that's not considering shipping costs and other factors, but they took a big loss with PS3 for awhile. So I think they'd be willing to let the PS4 be sold for a low price and take a small hit and get lots of consoled sold, rather then launching at a higher price and not selling nearly as many as they'd like. Can always get a fair amount of money back if they make good PSN downloadable games and such.

I'm really interested in E3 right now. They probably won't release a price but it would be very nice if they did. I'm at least hoping that Sony says everything there is to know about the console. So we can compare it moreso to the Xone. If it doesn't need a connection to the internet once a day to play games at all, and there won't be any fees at all for used games, then they might just be the one to go with this Gen. But we can't be certain of anything. Microsoft hasn't made the smartest of moves in their business by far, looking at their Windows 7&8 on that front, but yes, I know that the ones that make the console are different, but they still come from the same company. Only a few more months and then we'll see who of the two wins. Would be funny however if the Wii U actually goes and takes the throne of what system you should be buying, but thats a topic for another thread and another day.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png