#1 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 11 January 2014 - 06:38 PM

While it is still early on, very early on I should say, in the consoles life time. We already have some pretty solid numbers in terms of sales.

XOne has sold 3 million consoles since it's release. That's pretty damn good for under 2 months.

PS4 has sold 4.2 million consoles, it does have a one week edge on the Xone for sales, so that has to be factored in, but PS4 not being in Japan yet also should be too, considering thats one of their biggest markets.

Now, an interesting thing that will make these consoles gain quite a bit more sales then their predecessors, is that China has lifted the ban on consoles that it put in place in the early 2000's. Could we possibly see one of these two beat out the current record for consoles sold? I honestly doubt it but its still really early on.

Depending on how things go, new games coming out for each system, new features announced, etc. I can see each Console reaching the 7 million mark by the end of the year.

They have a long way to go to reach the 80 million both have sold with their previous gens though. But they might just be able to do it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png