Photo
- - - - -

Rise of the Tomb Raider Being Exclusive?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:31 AM

So, has anyone been hearing about that and keeping up with the news on it? Microsoft first announced that Tomb Raider would be exclusive on Xbox One only but the very next day, stated that it would be a timed exclusive.

1st Annoucement(Being Exclusive only to Xbox One): http://www.ign.com/a...x-one-exclusive

2nd Annoucement (Being a Timed Exclusive): http://www.ign.com/a...clusive-on-xbox

So my reaction for the 1st annoucement was like "oh what the f**k?!" lol. Then my second reaction when they said it was just a timed exclusive, "Yaaaay!".

Now, here's the part where everything comes crashing down. I saw some news about Yoshido, who is apart of the Sony Company, and he didn't even know that TR would be announced as an Xbox One Exclusive. So now, he's not even sure if it'll be coming to PS4.

here's the Video if you're interested in hearing about it: 

Honestly, i'm starting to get annoyed with this. If TR doesn't come out for PS4, that'll make me mad. I've always loved the TR ever since the franchise started. I was excited for the reboot and even enjoyed that. I was also excited to see this new trailer for the next chapter in TR and to know that I probably won't be able to play it, gets me upset. I love playing TR, its one of my favorite games and I don't wanna miss out on this new game coming.

Also, I've been a Sony person all my life. Xbox never caught my attention or anything and i'm damn sure not gonna buy an Xbox One. This was a dumb move on there part because TR has a lot of fans from Sony and with this move Microsoft is doing, a lot of those fans are angry. There has already been an uproar about it and it's not going away anytime soon.

What are your thoughts on this?

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#2 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 21 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Eh, I hate timed exclusives. It's kind of a shit thing to do. If you have the game ready for multiple systems, you should put them out at the same time. Yea, I know some studios make deals with companies before it comes out but I just find it sort of shit. If you have a gamefor PS4, XboxOne, Wii U, etc, release them at the same time so everyone can enjoy it rather then timed shit. That way you don't have people ruining it for others because they got it on a console before someone else.

As for RoTR, I think it'll come out to PS4 so don't worry. I just think that Xbox is really trying to get a push and they're making a lot of timed deals to help them. Especially since PS4 is still outbeating them in sales after they dropped Kinect and price.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#3 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:14 PM

Yeah, i agree. i dont think this was a good move on there part but im hoping it will be on PS4 bc i will play the shit out of it, just like i did with Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition lol

#4 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:49 PM

Timed exclusives suck but honestly, PS4 owners have no right to complain because they got a shit load of timed content in various other games. Get over it.

/Edit:

I just wanted to add that we're getting Uncharted 4 which is going to be boat loads better - Microsoft dumped shitloads of money in front of Crystal Dynamics to get this result, and it worked. Sony, obviously was not interested enough to give them money to counter this proposal. Think of it this way, when we DO get the game on PS4, it will be bundled with the DLC and I'm very okay with that.

Edited by Dion, 21 August 2014 - 09:57 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#5 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:20 PM

oh, i'm not complaining.For me, all those other timed exclusives or whatever don't pertain to me because i don't play half of those games so i dont care about them lol 

As for Uncharted 4, i don't care about that game at all either. I've never played any of the uncharted games so i'm excluded from that.

I was just getting annoyed with all these updates that keep changing up with, "one day its this..and the next day its something totally different". Just make up your mind already sheesh -.-

#6 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:23 PM

>likes tomb raider

>ignores the game that it blatantly ripped off

okay. 

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#7 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:28 PM

If you're talking about TR ripping off Uncharted then I don't know anything about that. I've already said more than once that I haven't played that. Uncharted never caught my attention so i never bothered with it.

Is it a crime that I enjoy TR and not Uncharted, I don't think so. I don't see why that's a problem but okay.

#8 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:32 PM

I'm not saying that's a problem, I'm just pointing out that Sony wasn't bothered to try to throw anything into CD's court because they have Uncharted slated for next year. They're not going to waste money to keep a game on their platform that won't perform as well. Microsoft took advantage of this fact and paid CD to give them timed exclusive rights. Honestly, it works out in both of the consoles' favors because X1 won't have to compete for TR fans for a limited time and Sony gets to focus on selling their in house game that TR would have competed against.

Also, they never switched anything around. It was pretty obvious the game was a timed exclusive from the start. Same thing has happened with other games (Bioshock 1) and DLC (Skyrim DLC) in the past. Don't know what to say to you if you thought that that CD wouldn't port their game over to the company whose console their first game outperformed on.

Edited by Dion, 21 August 2014 - 10:34 PM.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#9 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:38 PM

Yeah that is true, I forgot about that.

As more updates come up about this, more and more comments do end up talking about Uncharted and everything, so I get it now lol

#10 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:40 PM

Just hold tight and wait for a definitive version rehash for the PS4. We'll undoubtedly get better textures/resolution/FPS than the X1. Play the Uncharted series meanwhile. It is worth the play and is 500x better than Tomb Raider.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#11 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 August 2014 - 04:33 AM

As much as I love Uncharted I don't think Uncharted is really that relevant to the issue of Tomb Raider becoming an exclusive (nor do I see a reason for people to hound on about it. It's gotten pretty old). They're separate games, plus the new Tomb Raider looks amazing, considering that they give more insight into the characters emotions than most games (not say that there aren't other games that do that). I mean seriously, we see Croft getting counselling for PTS, not some wish wash lame hero who just pops up after going through crap then behaves as if it were nothing.

With that said, Tomb Raider is most definitely gonna show up on the PS4. Microsoft has been flashing it money at any good company they come across to get games on the X1 (for example Sunset Overdrive, they say they gave more freedom for game design and everything, causing them to make it exclusive, but everyone knows the main point was money) that would actually interest people. As much as I hate to admit it though, I think it's gonna work in terms of keeping the X1 alive, but I don't think it'll be enough to boost the sales of TR (when the results for the first game involved the majority of the game's sales on the PS3) to the point where the consideration of putting TR on the PS4 won't happen.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one