Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

[ Scene I | Praesent Academy for the Exceptionally Gifted ]

10:00AM | April 8 2012

A woman of twenty-seven years dropped herself down into the high-backed chair behind her ebony wood half-moon desk. Her bare toes dug into the thick, sky-blue carpeting which coated the floor as she scooted forward and placed folded hands atop myriad scattered piles of papers. Her black hair was pulled back in a tight ponytail, with bangs hanging down to either side of her soft, angular face.

The office was empty, save for a tall man dressed relatively formally. His face was broader than normal; his complexion rough and uneven. He adjusted his tie, which bore upon it an image of a stegosaur waving about its thagomizer and cleared his throat. "You rang?" His eyes wandered, as they often do. He particularly noticed the odd assortment of toy sharks which littered the woman's desk. He figured it an odd thing to collect.

The woman nodded curtly, her bangs jarring a bit from the jerky motion. The middle finger of her right hand adjusted her gold-rimmed glasses on her nose as she explained, "Yes. Get Simmons and Dawson and head for the foyer. I'll be sending out the order soon."

"Ah, the team's ready to assemble?"

She folded her long fingers together again and pushed her mouth off to one side. With a defeated shrug, she dropped back into her chair, limp. "Well, no. Not even close!" She threw up her hands, exasperated. "But Daddy's bearing down on me to get 012-3 ready. Says he has 'big plans' for them." She encapsulated big plans with air quotes. "Guy's inscrutable as ever. I just wanna show him that..." She slowly righted herself in the seat and nodded, her face tightening with conviction, "That I can handle this responsibility."

The odd man with his dinosaur tie gave a mock salute to the headmaster and nodded, "I'll do my best to get everyone together, Allison."

"Thank you, Hendricks. Good luck. I think you three are gonna have your work cut out for you with these kids."

Nathan chuckled. "I welcome the challenge. Until next time, then." His hulking form swooped out of the office once Allison bade him farewell.

- - - - - ⊂P - - - - -

The morning was bright. Clear skies bathed the grounds with that odd sort of early spring warmth, complimented marvelously by a gentle westerly breeze, coming in off the ocean. The waves against the bluffs were smooth and clear. Even from so high up, one might spot the silhouette of a fish swimming by down below every now and again.

As any student would surely be aware, breakfast at the cafeteria consisted of any style of eggs, ham, bacon, along with the fruit and cereal bars. Today's special was blueberry pancakes, specially requested by Professor Hendricks, as they hadn't had them in a good month!

Weekends at Praesent Academy were generally quite slow. No one from Class 012-3 was allowed to go home this weekend, as none were deemed fit to be allowed back into the city just yet. They would likely be scattered everywhere around the school and grounds, getting into mischief or just plain passing the time.

Jaqueline Fross was no exception. She had just finished with her morning run, showered, and went out to sit on the bluffs, as she often did on lazy days like today. She sported a rather classy T-Shirt that bore the visage of a kid with an oddly-shaped head and hair which improbably grew out wildly around his too-small hat. It was a green shirt, with a couple of holes around the bottom of it. Along with this, she wore her shorts, and opted to not wear her shoes on this trek. The last thing she wanted was for one of them to tumble the hundred meters down into the waves below. She only had two shoes, after all.

A fish darted past and she smiled, lightly, brushing her long, dark gray hair back behind her ear as she wondered what kind of fish it was. Oh, how Jack missed the ocean... It had been almost three weeks since last she surfed. Now her mutation would probably cause the water to freeze when she touched it. Stupid. Her smile had faded to a more neutral expression. The gentle heartbeat of the ocean crashing itself into the bluffs over and over again soothed her. Absently, she found herself wondering what Ellie had gotten herself into today. More than anything, though, Jack just wished she had remembered to grab some ice cream before coming out here.

She loosed a long, heavy sigh as her head drooped. "What's a girl to do?" A fluffy, white snowball appeared before her and plopped down into her outstretched palm. With a heave, she hurled it out over the ocean as far as she could send it.

#2 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:24 PM

Nate flopped down on the bottom bunk, which he had claimed when they arrived, and popped open a take out tray of his breakfast. He carefully plopped a healthy, styrofoam cup of ice cold chocolate milk on his dresser nearby. Then, he hummed softly to himself and pulled a comic book from his neat, organized, tiny bookshelf. He sat cross-legged on his bed and flipped open the comic carefully while picking up the plastic fork and knife from the tray.

Nate rolled his neck, feeling the bones pop pleasantly down his spine and sighed in content as the first fluffy scrambled egg went down his throat. The people were kind of annoying here, but the food was first rate, he figured. He hadn't heard a peep out of his roommate all morning so far, and wasn't even sure where he was or what he was up to.

It was a Sunday, however, which meant that he definitely had the day off. He knew exactly how he was going to spend it. Comics and breakfast, then working on the finishing touches of his custom mask that he had put together over the previous week. It was difficult, and he was pretty poor at sewing, but after a few failed attempts he quickly got the hang of it.

As he neatly dissected a crispy piece of bacon and inhaled the aroma, he wondered what else was likely in store for the day.

Edited by Valor, 21 October 2012 - 10:33 PM.

#3 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Alessandro's Sunday schedule normally included going to church and then spending the day together and enjoying a wonderful Sunday dinner. This tradition was normally rarely broken. Alessandro had no idea what to do, he ended up waking up early, before the crack of dawn. He would try to pray, as he had no way to get to church, but he had little success. He would go running after getting dressed, enjoying the sunrise as him did. He would grab a small breakfast at the cafeteria after he missed his half marathon, and then would go begin his weight training, putting most of his work into the rowing machine as his stamina deplenished. When he finished he decided to go back to his room, where he would take a short nap on the single bed after taking a shower. It was almost eight o'clock and he was not sure what to do with the rest of his day. He would wake up around 10:10 am.

Edited by Lexaeus, 21 October 2012 - 11:01 PM.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#4 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:40 PM

Zoey had been disappointed, though not at all surprised, that she was not allowed home. She wanted to at least go back to her grove. Being a first-generation mutant in the family, and having such a volatile incident, her parents were rightfully fearful. Nobody in the family knew how to deal with this kind of issue. Still, she wanted to return to her grove. There she felt at home. Zoey was currently tossing mushrooms at a tree on the southern part of the school grounds. Zoey had been here a week, but still had yet to make a friend. "I can't wait to take my first friend home to my grove." She smiled and picked up the mushrooms she had thrown. She scurried back to her room, opening a chest one quarter full of moist soil, and planted her mushrooms. Then she went to go get some pancakes.

Sig312.jpg

Im dum.

Shhhhh. It's okay. We understand.

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3989-9578
Nintendo Network ID: Niroji

Steam: Musical Madman

#5 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:06 PM

Blaine grabbed the last of his bacon as he left the cafeteria to go look for his brother who he had been searching for since he had arrived. He was impressed with the size of the academy and most impressed with the food, he simply couldn't stay away from the cafeteria. He was uneasy about the first thing he would say to his big brother, he was debating on whether to give him a hug first or take it easy and start small. He replayed the words he would say to him. " Hey Des " he shook his head in disappointment. " Fucking lame, umm.... Looking good bro, how you been " Blaine walked around, hoping he would soon spot him, words flowed through his head, making him more and more nervous with each step he took.

" 22...23...24...25 " Desmond set the weights on the bench press bar, he outdid himself by benching 285 easily, he stared at the mirror that stood in-front of him, sweat dripped down his face, and chest. He was shirtless, his physique was superior to many, his abs were hard, chest huge, biceps rock hard. But he always pushed himself. He rose and walked over to where the dumbbells laid, he picked up two seventy five pound dumbbells and began lifting again.

#6 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:07 PM

" ♪ 'Cause I'm doing things I normally won't do. The old me's gone I feel brand new, and if you don't like it, F*** you ♪" Would be heard to anyone who would be at the most corner part of the hedge maze. Ellie would be standing there, dancing around with her headphones in, giving as much attitude as her body would allow her as she danced fiercely. It was rare she was able to do anything, without prying eyes. She could finally let loose while she was here, and that was exactly what she was going to do.

After a series of choice lyrics, chest pops, hairflips and every hip movement dance known to the pop community she let out a triumphant screech. She was going to enjoy this, a new school no more foster parents, powers. Yes, powers, things that would separate her from her long life of solitude. This was exactly the thing that mattered, being her own person, not being chained down by foster brothers and sisters, not being chained down with the word "family" Or "friends" Her real family she knew died in a car crash, and any friends she would dare make she would have to leave them sooner or later anyway. The pains of the foster care system. What's worse is the inconsistency of it all, all her life she had been told she had no family, now all of a sudden she was to stay away from her birth mothers last name cus they were dangerous?

"...Tch... What if I really wanted to know....?" She shook her head and turned on another off her mp3 player. It was her one of her new favorite songs. "♪If I had a stiff one, you'd be all on that I'm on fire, I put 'hot' on the map 'Cause I be the one that you wanna be like (oh, oh, oh, oh) Yeah you wanna be like me♪" Trying out her new found powers she tried her hardest to gather even the slightest breeze to allow her hair to flow through the wind, trying her hardest to make herself as sexy as possible while dancing in and through the maze.

She didn't really get to ask her roommate how she looked before she left, but with her yellow tight pants on and her stomach cut off long sleeved yellow shirt, leaving her belly entirely exposed, she was positive she was looking hot today. At first she wasn't too thrilled about being here, but the fact the foster parents forked over so much money for her new school clothes, almost like they knew she would be leaving, made it a sweeter deal. She would dance here and play with her new powers here uninterrupted. She didn't care for the other kids, after all they were just ornaments in her life, only one that mattered was her.

#7 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:17 PM

Ludovic was already downstairs in the cafeteria, enjoying his pancakes and bacon (with strawberries as a fruit). He wasn't really sure what to do with his day, as he had woken up fairly recently, and hadn't accomplished much past a shower. Maybe he'd go for a swim later, but for now, focus on breakfast.

Ludo took a sip of his coffee and looked around the cafeteria for anyone he might recognize. Not likely, though, since he had just arrived here and all he had so far was some names. Ludo doubted anyone would recognize him, either. To be honest, he was still tired anyways, so he didn't make too great of an effort, and went back to eating his breakfast.

Ludovic wasn't sure what he could really say about this place, but at least the food was good.

2j87ib.jpg

#8 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 21 October 2012 - 11:48 PM

The rhythmic staccato filled the air of the weight room area. Christine's hands flew with lightning fast jabs back and forth. Her right arm was alight in a warm pink glow. People knew not to try and talk to Christine when she was like this. The heavy bag bucked wildly against her solid strikes.

Stupid Nathan. Stupid Praesent. Stupid School, she thought, in tune to the rhythm of her punches. Why does he have to be a mutant? What's the next sick joke that life'll throw my way? she fumed, the energy glowing brighter down her arm. The last hit was a solid one, a heavy hook with her right arm. As she did so, energy burst from her fist and tore the heavy bag in half cleanly. The bottom sagged to the floor and sand spilled from the wound, gushing wildly. "Fuckin' hell," she whispered.

She put her hands on her hips and tried to steady her breathing, but her eyes were still fiery with anger. Christine was dressed in a red tanktop and white mesh gym shorts. High pink socks were pulled up to the middle of her calves, and she had nice white tennis shoes on with pink accents. Her short hair was pulled back into a ponytail.

She shook her head and sighed, finally calming her breathing. Christine unhooked the top half of the bag and tossed it away. She walked to the storage closet and retrieved another heavy bag of the same size. She slung it over her shoulder and brought it back, hanging it up.

She took a few steps away and grimaced again. She spun back towards the new bag and began her steady, but incredibly furious, punching once more like she had been for the better part of the last hour.

#9 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 22 October 2012 - 12:21 AM

"Your friends are hanging out at the beach"

Somewhere in the forest, near the bluffs where the sounds of the waves would reach ones ear and sooth their mind, you would find what you would call a shady character. Sitting at the bottom of a tree, in the shade, along a quick way to the bluffs was where one would find this character. A hood covered this person entire head. All that can be seen was the tips of her black and blue hair slipping out near the bottom of this person hood.

Much like this person's head, their entire body was covered. You could only see the tips of this characters fingers out of the long sleeves of her comfortable long sleeve top, gripping onto the hardcover book they were reading. They were very dark clothes. The persons jeans and dirty white sneakers had only a slightly lightness to them as they seemed a little soiled with old traces of dirt all over them. Who was this person?

Her name was Shine. It would be hard to tell what her gender was unless you assumed that the reason for her hair being long was that fact that she was girl. It wasn't unusual to find Shine alone and wearing such clothes. She normally wore clothes like that and her loneliness was her own fault. Being to shy, or to some who knew her, scared, to approach anyone normally left her alone and by herself. This was case at the academy.

She was brave enough to go outside and explore this new place but not brave enough to speak to anyone. This left Shine alone in her own corner of the forest, reading her book and listening to some music. Yes, hidden under her hair were her ears and in them were earphones playing some rather loud rock music.

Just when one would think Shine was a statue she slowly reached into her pocket and pulled out a lollypop. Putting the book aside for a moment she unwrapped it and placed the wrapper safely back in her pocket. Littering was a terrible thing to do. Sticking the sweet candy one a stick into her mouth she picked up her book and went back to reading. She was in rush to leave her spot anytime soon.

Edited by The Dream, 22 October 2012 - 12:24 AM.

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#10 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:29 PM

Axel sat in the library focusing intensely on the opened book in front of him. Covering his table were The 5 Rings, War Cruel and Sharp, and other books including the current center of attention, The Art of War. In his lap was a notebook with pencil tucked inside.

While others were off relaxing he was taking notes. He believed that strategies used in war could be applied to other issues that occur in life such as competition which was something he was very fawn of. He seeked power, even if for a senseless reason.

Suddenly he touched his abdomen, with a disappointed reaction.

"Gotta cut this short...I'm getting hungry." Axel thought to himself as he slammed the books together.

He then wrote the page number that he was on down in his notebook and collected the books into an orderly pile so that he could quickly put them up.

He gave a light sigh and made his way, in an lazy march, towards the dining hall.

After finding some toast, fruit, eggs, and coffee he sat next to a rather colorful, yet dull looking blonde boy.

"Yoh. The name's Axel." He said following with a silence, hoping for a response to which he would then follow up with...

"What's your mutation?"

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#11 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 22 October 2012 - 06:48 PM

Ludovic smiled as someone sat right next to him, "Yoh. The name's Axel." Swallowing a mouthful of blueberry pancake, he replied, "And I'm Ludovic. Ludo is just fine." Axel followed up by asking about his mutation, to which he chuckled and said, "Manipulating electricity. I'd rather show ya, but 'fraid I'm not that good yet, and it's too early in the morn for someone to get toasted."

On closer inspection, the kid looked pretty grim: well, at least, his face did. He wasn't sure if Axel had just ate a bug or if that was the guy's natural look. Finishing off the last of his bacon, Ludo wiped his mouth with a napkin, "Well, my turn. What kinda power has you attendin' this place?"

2j87ib.jpg

#12 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:12 PM

It was Sunday morning, the sixth day that Olivia would attend Praesent Academy starting with the sun shining in through the window. Rays of sunlight glinted off of her prized, midnight black Mick Thompson signature Ibanez electric guitar, the knee-high amplifier it rested on behind it, supporting the slanted guitar. The bottom bunk was where Olivia rested, the light bouncing off her guitar and into her eyes. With a groan, she shielded her eyes with her soft, delicate hand, raising up in her bunk only to hit her head on the top bunk. With a soft, annoyed groan, Olivia rolled out of her bunk, her long, blonde hair sticking out the sides like that of a laboratory maniac.

Currently garbed in only her bra and underwear, Olivia stretched her thin, lithe body up like an Olympian statue. Scooping up her clothes from beside her bunk, she lazily pulled her pink, lacey-topped camisole over her head and onto her torso, her small jean shorts following on her legs. Wanting to take a shower, hopefully without others being there, her smooth, tired legs carried her to the communal bathroom on her floor. Looking both ways while she entered the shower, she was relieved to find the room empty, allowing her to shower in peace.

Once Olivia had finished bathing herself and dried her body off, she pulled her clothes back on, grabbing a pair of ribbons out of her pockets. Once she finished putting the ribbons into her hair, she saw her own reflection in the mirror and smiled, promptly walking out with her towel back to her room, throwing the towel inside and swiftly shutting the door behind her, wanting to get some breakfast to soothe her currently growling stomach.

"Something tells me today will be a good day. I can feel it." Olivia said to herself, walking down to the cafeteria.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#13 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:15 PM

"They say I got some variation of telekinesis. Think they said Tactile Telekinesis? Basically, with control, things in my domain are mines to manipulate."

Axel paused as he began digging into his eggs.

"Haven't really thought of where I should take it...What about you?"

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#14 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:44 PM

Tactile Telekinesis? That was a new one to Ludo - but to be honest, he knew pretty little about this whole 'powers' deal. Still, manipulating everything in range sounded pretty cool. Axel asked him the one question he had been trying to avoid, "Haven't really thought of where I should take it...What about you?"

Ludovic feigned a yawn before replying, "I dunno where to take my mutation, either. Barely been a week for me, and it ain't affecting anything that much. S'pose it'd make for some neat party tricks, though."

2j87ib.jpg

#15 Lexaeus

Lexaeus

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,713 posts
  • Naturally Hated by All

Posted 22 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

Alessandro eyes slowly opened and he looked up to the ceiling of the room. He wish his room had a window, so he could quickly tell the time, but his watch was to far away. It read 1010 hours, as it was in astronomical time. He rolled out of bed, but landed on his feet. He got ready for the day, and decided a second breakfast was nice. When he got to the cafeteria he decided to have a little of everything. He took his several plates and looked for a spot to sit, he saw his roommate and joined the group. "Ludovic, wasn't it? May I join you," he asked Ludovic. If he was permitted he would sit and began eating unless he was needed in the conversation.

Zanca327.png

“Sorrow can be alleviated by good sleep, a bath and a glass of wine.” - Saint Thomas Aquinas

#16 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 22 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Nathan whistled while he strode through the empty trophy room, pausing briefly to peruse the various containers. All cylindrical in shape, they were black on bottom, glass on top. The objects within seemed to be suspended in midair. Nathan ran his fingers along the glass which housed a Stegosaurus skull. It was his personal favorite of the trophies. Some Mutant who went rampant a few years back had used fragments of a stolen Stegosaur skeleton as his costume. Nathan grinned. Nothing ol' Fossil couldn't handle. They let him keep the skull, since most of the skeleton was ruined in the scuffle.

Nathan never did get over that.

As he turned to head for the weight room, where he was sure to find Desmond, at least, he spotted a student, examining one of the trophies. It was an ornate, blue helmet. Some hero or something like that used to wear it. Sentimental value, mostly. Nathan pulled his phone from his pocket and scrolled through the 012-3 class roster. Ah, he knew he recognized the kid. Carlos Reyes. Nineteen.

Nathan strode up to the boy and patted him roughly on the back. His skin was a pale shade of grey. It was hard as rock. Some places, his skin was cracked, and a yellow liquid could be seen flowing beneath the surface. He turned his similarly-colored yellow eyes to Nathan as the taller man approached.

Nathan asked, "Pretty neat helmet, eh?"

"Si lo dice. Parece como basura a m
í." Carlos sneered at the trophy.

"We have a meeting soon in the foyer. Class 012-3." Nathan didn't understand much Spanish.

"Ya s
é. Prof say mi clase don't haf to show. Goin' spelunkin' he say." His accent was rather thick. Hard to understand if you didn't listen closely.

"Alright. Have uh... divertido on your trip, then." He wasn't any good at speaking Spanish, either. His accent was very "gringo."

Carlos rolled his eyes. "I will try to 'divertido,' Profesor Dinosor." He threw up air quotes and mimicked Nathan's miserable diction. Brushing Nathan aside, he headed for one of the elevators to ride back up to ground level.

Nathan pushed onward to the weight room.

He opened the door and slipped in, cooing in a rather peculiar whistle, "Knock knock!" Delighted at finding both Desmond and Christine in one place, he said, "Desmond! Christine!" He waited for both of them to acknowledge him before continuing, "Allison asked me to find you two. Orientation's starting soon in the foyer. I'm headed there now. Try not to be too late..." He cringed, "Or too smelly. Don't want to make a bad impression on the kiddies. And, Des, put a shirt on, would you? No one wants to see that." He stuck his tongue out and winked at Desmond.

He then slipped out without waiting for any responses and wheeled about before he started walking back toward the Trophy Room.

- - - - - ⊂P - - - - -

Allison shuffled along to her "bedroom" behind her office. She shocked herself (half on purpose) on the doorknob. Her bedroom was quite a bit roomier than all of the other quarters on campus. And for good reason. The entire right-hand side of the room was taken up by a large, intricate machine built by one Dr. Jefferson, from the Institute. He was a student here, once, and the machine constitutes a large portion of his impact on the way the school was run, now.

She took up the swivel chair before the machine and kicked off to spin around once, exclaiming with glee before she stopped facing the machine and stuck her arms into the metal gauntlets. They clamped her in and she shut her eyes.

Soon, every member of Class 012-3 would hear a gentle voice, the voice of their beloved Headmaster Allison Praesent, beseeching them within their minds. It would override any outside noises they were currently hearing, including speech, waves, or even personal music players. All they would hear was:

"Gooooooooood morning, Class oh-one-two-three! This is your captain speaking!" Her voice was bright, cheery, and oddly authoritative as she mimicked a popular announcer. She made a sound not unlike the brief burst of static heard during radio communication. Her voice sounded a bit deeper when she continued, "Good morning, Madame Praesent!" Static again. "How polite of you to respond! Okay, let's get down to business! Today is the first day of your official induction into the Praesent Academy for the Exceptionally Gifted! Orientation will commence shortly in the Grand Foyer. Yours truly will be presiding, accompanied by three of your four overseeing Professors. Proper introductions will be made in person! I hope to see you all there! Praesent, over and out!" She cued up one more burst of static before her voice faded away and everyone's mind returned to its originally scheduled programming.

The gauntlets released her, and she hurried out of her office as fast as her feet could carry her, almost forgetting to slip her feet into her four-inch heels before racing out the door and into the elevator. In her haste, naturally she arrived before everyone else, and scurried up the stairs to the second floor, only stopping to lean on the railing that overlooked the Grand Foyer. She was quite out of breath, but that wouldn't stop her from hurrying to fix her hair and button-down blouse before patting at her flowy, knee-length skirt to make sure it hung straight. She stood up straight with her hands folded behind her back, looking as regal as she could look, with her glasses slightly askew, as they were.

- - - - - ⊂P - - - - -

Jack pushed herself up to her feet as time ticked by, deciding that she would just go get some ice cream. She dusted off her hands on her shirt and briskly walked back toward the school, heading for the side entrance near the back end of the cafeteria. On her way to the exit, she heard the Headmaster's announcement. She stumbled a bit, shocked by the sudden sound. Unable to identify a source, she quickly figured it was direct telepathy of some kind... This was a school of Mutants, after all, perhaps they were led by a Telepath. Jack then realized she had no idea what sort of power the Headmaster possessed, if she possessed any at all... When the announcement finished, Jack continued her trek. She figured she would just bring the ice cream to the meeting. What harm could that do?

The cafeteria was absolutely massive, Jack thought, only made to seem bigger by the south wall being made entirely of floor-to-ceiling windows. People were huddled along most of the long tables, chatting with one another, and Jack absently wished she had worn her hooded sweatshirt today. She didn't like the stares she elicited with her gray hair and icy jaw. She didn't like them at all. So she opted to pull up the collar of her shirt and hold it clenched between her teeth to mask the blue skin of her jaw as she wandered to the ice cream counter. Her eyes darted back and forth. She couldn't decide which kind of ice cream to slap onto the cone in her hand. Vanilla? Chocolate? Rocky Road? Mint Chocolate Chip? Oh, they were all so delicious, but they didn't all taste good in combination! Her shirt dropped back to normal in her frustration, and she ended up opting for the soft serve vanilla-chocolate swirl. It was faster, easier, and cleaner than using the scoops. She had somewhere to be, after all.

Licking her ice cream happily, she hummed the tune of "Happy Days" as she bounced along toward the exit to the cafeteria.

Edited by Rumbleroar, 24 November 2012 - 03:55 PM.

#17 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:08 PM

Christine paused mid-punch as Nathan called out to her. She blinked, as if suddenly aware that she was around other people.

"Ah..." she said, rubbing the back of her head. She sheepishly smiled at Nathan. "Hey, Hendricks."

She was told that Orientation was starting. Her stomach dropped to the floor. Nate was sure to be there. She scowled visibly and sent another powerful right hand into the punching bag as she responded, "Wait up, Hendricks."

She sighed and grabbed a towel, quickly drying herself off. It took a lot to work her into a sweat, and she was just now starting to perspire from her assault on the heavy bags.

She grabbed some track pants and pulled them on quickly before grabbing a nice button down shirt she had brought with her. She buttoned it up as she walked past Desmond and out of the gym. "Don't take too long fawning over yourself in the mirror, D."

She undid her pony tail as she exited the gym and smiled at Nathan, following him to the elevator up.

"So, are you excited? I remember our Orientation."
she snickered and shook her head. "Little kid in the back with that goofy looking hat hiding one of those... whatchamacallit horns. You should bust that hat back out."

Meanwhile, on the third floor...

Nate happily crunched the last strip of bacon and loosed a satisfied sigh. He turned over the last page of the comic and took a look at a massive advertisement. Nate couldn't help but have a smile on his face. It was a very relaxing day, so far. Then the headmaster's voice popped into his head.

Orientation!? Great. At least this means that maybe we'll be getting to the real learning soon. I can't stand how slow paced everything has been. Still... he looked over to his mask, slung over the back of his chair, now I may not have time to finish it. I guess it couldn't last all day.

Nate slid off of the bed and pulled his shirt off. He poked at the edges of his rib cage that were visible and sighed. Gotta gain some weight eventually. He pulled a new shirt from his drawer that was neatly pressed and a nice white color with blue horizontal stripes. He pulled it on and a gray and blue flannel button down shirt over it. He peeked in the mirror and fluffed his hair a bit to make sure he looked alright.

He carefully picked the comic off of the bed and filed it away in the correct place. Nate then picked up the empty tray of food and folded it as much as he could before stuffing it into the small waste bin that was under his desk. He made a mental note that he would empty the trash every Tuesday afternoon, as that would be about how long it would take until it was full. Finals and midterms would likely be more frequent, since he'd have more coffee cups and energy drink cans.

He paused and put a finger to his chin. Oh, right! Orientation! He left the room and locked it soundly with his key before shoving his hands into his corduroy pants pockets and began the descent towards the Grand Foyer. I wonder how many other students are in class 012-3... maybe a few from my classes I can form study groups with. That would likely be the best way to make fast and lasting friendships. He nodded. It was a very good plan.

#18 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:17 PM

"♪If you want to get with me there's some things you gotta know, I like my beats fast and my bass down low♪" Was coursing through her ears on the way back to the school. After her little dance workout, she worked up quite the appetite for some more food. She just had a small bite earlier. In her mind, eating so much in the morning when you're going to be moving around is asking to be sick. She walked through the school with little issue getting to the cafeteria, tho her speed was rather slow getting there due to her dance walking pace. "♪It's like 1, 2, 3, f*** it "I'm about to take this drink and just stuff it. "Fish tank this thang along with four more shots Potron I don't give a f*** about goin' home♪" arms out like she's partying hard at a concert, her good music seemed to be drown out by a very irritating yell in her ear.

Great, class time was about to actually start, and it seemed like she didn't have much time before she had to be there. I'm totally not interested in meeting the other losers in my class, what type of freak show will I have to deal with here? She had seen various mutations, and to be quite honest, she did not like what she saw, the most particularly heinous to her, was a girl who seemed to be part snake. The worst type of mutant was the ones that looked outright freakish, or have parts of their body into other... Things. Her roommate was one of these, tho she was more blue in parts then anything, if she didn't know any better, she would have thought her roommate was on the verge of freezing to death, but of course, ice was just her mutation. Ellie probably would have asked to switch rooms and go somewhere else, however, it wasn't disgusting. It was just ice. The best powers to Ellie were elemental powers, even if it effected your look, you still wouldn't look like a freak, a man encased in fire was totally hot in more ways in one. A woman gaining bug eyes and wings and a bunch of hair all over her, was a no in her book.

After the message, she grabbed a disposable paper napkin and placed on it a bunch of sausage links. She already had eaten half a pancake and fruit earlier, she needed the protein with all the moving around she had been doing, and she hadn't really been too keen on bacon since she saw the boy who literally was part... Pig. She grabbed an extra napkin to wash all the excess grease off of it and took her 10 pieces of prize as she walked into the grand Foyer, turned right and to the auditorium but glanced up to see the headmaster looking down on the area, ... Tch, my new "Foster parent.". She was going to listen to her music, jam out and eat all by the auditorium doors in the back. She needed to get a good look at everyone coming in, they were not her allies, a shoulder for them to cry on. She was there because she had to be. She considered herself the lucky few who got powers and weren't plagued with hideousness. Kinda sad, I guess some of us had our share of turmoil early and don't have to suffer in the looks department. She would do her best to "ignore" everyone that came in this room, Ellie turned up her music ever so slightly as she began to slowly eat her sausages, quite intrigued as to who would walk through.

Edited by Griever, 22 October 2012 - 11:18 PM.

#19 Blade

Blade

Administrator

• Monarch
  • 163 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Blaine walked around as he observed his surroundings, he was forced to stop and grab his head with both arms, a voice appeared in his head. The headmaster telepathically spoke about the orientation that was to be held in the Grand Foyer, He was frightened with the mind control, he had never experienced anything like that before. Soon he was able to relax again and think about the headmasters words. " Did she just say this is your captain speaking? What a fucking weirdo " he chuckled to himself. Blaine looked around once more, hoping to spot Desmond... nothing, he proceeded on to the Grand Foyer.

Desmond was finishing up his last rep when Hendricks rushed in to let them know that the orientation was starting, Christine quickly rushed out the door, but not before making a comment. Desmond waited until Christine left and the door was shut to reply... " Fucking tease. " he quickly grabbed his towel and wiped the sweat off his face and chest, he looking at the mirror and styled his hair back. Desmond turned and grabbed his black tshirt that laid on the chair, The shirt was tight and exposed his muscular chest and biceps, if he was to flex his biceps the sleeve would rip easily. He proceeded out the door. " Another year, and a new set of kids to piss me off " He smiled. " They have something else coming for them " he chuckled and slowly walked to the Grand Foyer.

#20 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 22 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Zoey was just finishing her pancakes before the announcement went over the..... Zoey stopped and thought. She'd been here for a while now, and she had yet to see an intercom system. She thought about this for a moment before shrugging it off and heading towards the Grand Foyer. As she was heading towards the exit, she saw someone from her class, Jack Fross, carrying some ice cream. She knew that Jack, like herself, had trouble controlling her powers, and that they affected her appearance. Since Zoey had arrived at the school and had some time to work on controlling the spores from the mushroom on her head, Zoey had opted not to hide her mushroom at school. Everybody at school who cared would eventually know her and her condition. She walked over to Jack and giggled. "Isn't it a bit early for ice cream, Jack? Dessert normally comes after lunch or dinner, not breakfast, silly." Zoey was joking, of course, though she was very picky about her own sweets. "I noticed you've made progress on controlling your power, Jack, but you need to stop caring about what other students think. Their thoughts can't hurt you. Take it from me! I have a giant mushroom on my head!" She smiled at Jack, trying to raise her spirits about the issue.