#1 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:16 PM

I'm gonna be playing FF8 for two hours straight. If I really get into it, it might be longer. I intend to more or less liveblog my experience playing the game by editing this post as important things happen. I probably won't get far because Drawing early on, but we'll see.

Gosh, PSX games look like crap on the PS3 hooked to an HDTV, let me tell you. I can count the pixels in Squall's feathery blade as he slashes at Seifer.

First comment is that I always found it utterly stupid that Seifer and Squall are engaged in a violent battle with their gunblades, and the only injury both of them sustain is a shitty little scar across their faces. It feels as if the character designers were like "oh, let's make Squall edgy!" "how!?" "give him a scarrrrr. but don't make it too bad! we still want him to be gorgeous and sexy!" "oh how about a sissy little slash across his face!?" "YES PERFECT." "now let's make a contrived backstory to explain it and give one to Seifer, too!!! they got it in a gunblade battle!!!!!!" "oh my goodness i love it!!!!"

Like. Someone had to think that was a brilliant idea.

// AND THEN WE BEGIN.

>how are you feeling
>......Ok.

Oh, Squall. Keeping an open mind shh.

So now they're all in class. Everyone is wearing. The same uniform. Except Squall. And Seifer. Are you even trying, FF8?

Quistis bitches out Seifer (in front of the whole class) for cutting Squall's face. Guess who cut Seifer's face. It wasn't Seifer. But Squall is the victim because I guess he got slashed first so he's justified in slashing Seifer back...? Okay. So self-defense is justified.

So I get Quezy and Shiva and rush off to the Training Grounds to dick around. 100 Sleeps and Silences later, it's off to meet with Quistis!

"HEY SQUALL LET ME TEACH YOU HOW TO JUNCTION YOUR LEVEL 2 GFS AND LET ME ALWAYS REFER TO THEM AS GFS BECAUSE GUARDIAN FORCES IS JUST TOO LONG, EVEN FOR WHEN I'M EXPLAINING THIS STUFF TO YOU."

Look, Quistis. I have 100 Sleeps on my Magic and 100 Silences on my Spirit. I don't need you to tell me how to do this.

Gosh, she's overbearing.

Oh, and if THAT weren't bad enough, she's telling me that she has ANOTHER tutorial in store once we get to the Fire Cavern! Gee, Quistis. I sure don't hate you.

Drawing lots of magic is only fun if you finish the battles by spamming GF's btw. :> 100 Silence/Blizzard/Cure/Scan on Squall, 100 Blizzard/Cure/Sleep on Quistis ugh why does EVERYONE suck at using Draw besides Squall.

Wow. Why is Silence the best junction for Magic right now? wtf I would think Blizzard would junction better...

//
SO. Armed with level 9 Quezy, level 8 Shiva, level 10 Squall, and level 11 Quistis, TIME FOR THE FIRE CAVERN FINALLY. I hope Ifrit's ready to be TROUNCED by Squall's ridiculously potent Blizzard spells ehehehehehe

Edited by Rumbleroar, 27 October 2012 - 02:00 PM.

a5g7ld.gif

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) u can't own black people

Kingroy: ( 4:40 PM - 02/10/14) #ThanksLincoln

#2 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:20 PM

The tutorials are the worst part about FFVIII.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#3 Dexel Hydagara

Dexel Hydagara

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,310 posts
  • Arcade Adept

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:24 PM

Pretty much what Dinosaur said.

Also, I'll be reading everything you put up. It's fun.

2j87ib.jpg

#4 Valor

Valor

Valorous

• Monarch
  • 3,874 posts
  • This is My Design

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:04 PM

Oh so THIS is why you wanted the FF8 Guide. I see now.

147.png

#5 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

Iggy the best magic to junction is located on the beach where the fins are and it's water.

#6 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:59 PM

Wow you're too slow. I already have Water junctioned to Squall's Mag and Quistis' Spr. Cure is still best for Vit. I'm not stupid. I've played the beginning of this game a dozen times, at least.

a5g7ld.gif

#7 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:01 PM

Just going by your first post gosh >.>

#8 Shino

Shino

Ex-Admin

• Paladin
  • 1,042 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

I thought you didn't even like this game? Why play it instead of FF9?
http://www.knightly-...line=1346227521

Life is but a handful of dust - ANTHM

3 Years Gone. Still missing you, my dear friend. R.I.P Tynielle Silvera.

#9 Secret Igshar

Secret Igshar

Pwner of Noobs

• Monarch
  • 3,796 posts
  • your worst nightmare

User's Awards

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:41 PM

Because I don't like it. I'm giving it a fair shake to see if it'll prove me wrong.

I have an ongoing save of FF9 on my PSP that I play from time to time when I get bored. Just recently got my Blue Narciss in my most recent game of it, and didn't do Esto Gaza at all yet, due to running around with my dark blue chocobo and dead peppers, gathering all the Chocographs I can get so far. Which is most of them. Or I might have not gotten the Blue Narciss yet and most recent place I was exploring with my dark blue Chocobo was Esto Gaza... I really don't remember which since I haven't played it in a while.

a5g7ld.gif

#10 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 31 October 2012 - 02:30 AM

How far have you gotten bro? =X I dont mind FFVIII too much but it can be quite boring at times, at least it has some fun moments to it.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png