• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:07 AM

We cannot have a Ratchet and Clank without Jak and Daxter.

I own all the first three game. Amazing platformer along with its peer, R&C.

So, let the discussion begin.

You don't exist

#2 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:08 AM

Loved number 1. Number 2 still got me. Number 3 and everything else after I wish I never experienced =_= I hate them all with a passion.

#3 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:11 AM

Loved number 1. Number 2 still got me. Number 3 and everything else after I wish I never experienced =_= I hate them all with a passion.

What's wrong with Jak3?

I love Jak 3. The game was a bit easier than 2, though.

You don't exist

#4 Guest_Griever_*

Guest_Griever_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:14 AM

It just seemed... so thrown together to me. I didn't like the whole light jak thing for some reason. I didn't even like the way dark jak and light jak were. Also, the final boss...? Like wtf really???? I wasn't a big fan of using the vehicles as much as you were =\ it was frustrating to me.

Plus 2 was awesome hard. 3 was super easy

#5 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:17 AM

It just seemed... so thrown together to me. I didn't like the whole light jak thing for some reason. I didn't even like the way dark jak and light jak were. Also, the final boss...? Like wtf really???? I wasn't a big fan of using the vehicles as much as you were =\ it was frustrating to me.

Plus 2 was awesome hard. 3 was super easy

Yeah, that sums it up. As you said, the game was very easy. But I love the challenge element in 2.

You don't exist

#6 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:18 AM

I have the first one but I always wanted the others. I managed to win Precursor Legacy but I didn't 100% it when I figured out that opening the big door got you nothing but a blinding white light.

But it was and still remains one of my favorite games so perhaps I will try and acquire number 2.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#7 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:22 AM

But it was and still remains one of my favorite games so perhaps I will try and acquire number 2.

If you are able to buy 2, try getting 3 along with it. And perhaps, Lost Frontier for the PSP.

You don't exist

#8 Bunny

Bunny

Squire

• Squire
  • 535 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 01:22 AM

I don't have a PSP yet so no can do on that one. But I think all my siblings would be interested in 2 and 3 so there is a higher chance that my rents might get it for us.

Kingdom-Gaming, where up is down, down is triangle, and everybody hates Lexaeus.

Any dolt with half a brain
Can see that humankind has gone insane
To the point where I don’t know
If I’ll upset the status quo
If I throw poison in the water main

Revenge is the poison we drink expecting our enemies to die.

#9 cbchick

cbchick

Squire

• Squire
  • 367 posts
  • Britt Brat

Posted 28 May 2010 - 05:36 AM

i only have the 1st and 2nd lol havent played the 3rd. its alright, i like wandering around the most :B

0716131b-bf5d-44b5-aab2-399e843258d8_zps

"If You Were To Leave Me, I Would Be Just As Alone As You."

#10 Rubicante

Rubicante

Page

• Page
  • 235 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:19 AM

I played the first three myself but never touched nor will I touch the racing one. I really am unsure about lost frontier. I want to try it for old times sake but since it isn't made by the original owners I'm skeptical.

#11 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 28 May 2010 - 11:45 AM

I'm stuck on 2, cause my PS2 broke when I was nearing the middle. I was stuck anyway, I chose Hard mode.

#12 Deadly-Dreamer-X

Deadly-Dreamer-X

Page

• Page
  • 237 posts

Posted 28 May 2010 - 10:44 PM

I'm stuck on 2, cause my PS2 broke when I was nearing the middle. I was stuck anyway, I chose Hard mode.

Hard mode? I don't recall easy, hard, normal modes. After you have collected enough pre. Stones, you get the access of Hero Mode. Hero mode is the hard mode.

You don't exist

#13 Ralor

Ralor

Knight

• Knight
  • 781 posts
  • A Musical Madman

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:38 AM

Hard mode? I don't recall easy, hard, normal modes. After you have collected enough pre. Stones, you get the access of Hero Mode. Hero mode is the hard mode.

Yeah, that one, after dad beat it I chose to go on his file through on Hero mode again.

#14 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 10 May 2011 - 02:36 AM

How have I not posted in this yet? Oh well. Love all the Jak games except the embarrassment Lost Frontier. That game really is fail. I could go for hours, days, maybe a week playing all the games. Jak X and Jak 3 are my favourites, just love the extreme and dangerous racing experience Jak X gives, and all the environments you can explore and return to in Jak 3. It's thrilling and just, awesome! But I do think a better storyline wouldn't hurt >.>

Now, Lost Frontier. The lamest game in the Jak games. I really don't understand how they could think of such a lame edition to the Jak games. I really wonder where they thought sky pirates, jak losing his dark mode and daxter and new characters getting it instead and limiting the guns would work. I like how they tried to get the eco system in there, but don't destroy the epic things that the Jak series had acquired. They could have let you choose a mode for using eco as a weapon or your guns, not just put some lameo staff in there. Sky Pirates? Really? How did they get sky pirates out of metal heads, war and eco.

We waited for another awesome game for the Jak series, this doesn't really cut it :/

TheDreamEX.png

tumblr_n6lpksz2V81sfgfh0o1_500.gif

Gif not by me

A little one

#15 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 16 May 2011 - 01:32 PM

I loved all three of the Main series. All the little spin offs or side games really were crappy imo. I've wanted a Jak 4 for a long time now. A true Jak sequel. I was hoping with ps3 we'd see Jak 4. But I was wrong so far.

Best is still probably Jak 2. Then 3 and original after.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#16 qster

qster

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,216 posts

Posted 24 May 2011 - 09:02 PM

They need to make a collection for this series. Only games I played are Jak and Daxter TPL and Jak X. Worked very hard to 100% it when I was 10 or so. Not worth it. -_- Hope 2 and 3 are better.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Posted Image

#17 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 25 May 2011 - 12:39 AM

Worked very hard to 100% it when I was 10 or so. Not worth it. -_- Hope 2 and 3 are better.

Jak 2 and 3 are way better and harder in my opinion. Jak 2 being harder than two if you ask me :/. It's fun going hero mode and then playing the whole game again.

Spoiler

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#18 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 01 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

(Don't know if this is a bump but oh well)

http://www.gameinfor...-next-year.aspx

So, rumors about a HD remake coming out for Jak and Daxter games? Yes please! But then these are rumors so we can't get our hopes up too much :/
Hope it's true though, I personally think it'll make up for the last game they put out for the series >.>

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one

#19 Xanius

Xanius

The Omega

• Emperor
  • 3,525 posts
  • Awakening

User's Awards

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:37 AM

They need to make a collection for this series. Only games I played are Jak and Daxter TPL and Jak X. Worked very hard to 100% it when I was 10 or so. Not worth it. -_- Hope 2 and 3 are better.

(Don't know if this is a bump but oh well)

http://www.gameinfor...-next-year.aspx

So, rumors about a HD remake coming out for Jak and Daxter games? Yes please! But then these are rumors so we can't get our hopes up too much :/
Hope it's true though, I personally think it'll make up for the last game they put out for the series >.>

Not sure if you saw the news or not. Rumors aren't rumors no more. =3 Really love this. Since this might just mean that we'll get a Jak 4 game for the PS3 or the Vita in the foreseeable future, and that's just wonderful.

Omega_Xanius.png

17ddgi.png

#20 The Dream

The Dream

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,967 posts
  • ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Posted 27 December 2011 - 05:00 PM

Ah yes. I learned about the collection a while ago, just didn't want to make a triple post thing o-o. I'm glad they finally got out a collection. Sadly I don't have a ps3 to play it on but hopefully that problem will be dealt with soon in 2012.

Also, yes this might mean they make a jak 4 :o. I just hope they get rid of that crappy pirate thing they added, and all those other people having their dark eco forms in case they try to bring it up >.>. It kinda made jak lose his one of a kind badness level when you found out that there are other people that can go all doomsday on your ass. Also, bring the guns back people :l

TheDreamEX.png

Gif not by me

A little one