• Please log in to reply
37 replies to this topic

#21 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 08:27 AM

I guess you could say the same with Rikki. Buy a bunch of wards and be good, if not better. A weak Rikki is a weak Rikki. My TA was able to go head to head with one player's Rikki because I was more capable than him.

Also speaking of which, I need to get used to using the keyboard shortcuts. It makes it faster to use the Blink Dagger, turn on Refraction, hide, etc. Also helps for support.

[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: <.<
[Today 07:02 PM] Crimson Jazz: I know right!?!
[Today 07:02 PM] Kingroy: >.>
[Today 07:02 PM] Tengo Cash: Beiber is the man

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#22 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 06 January 2015 - 04:12 AM

Dude... Do you click on your skills and actives?

Gonna need you to change that asap bruh. Also, watch some pro dota on http://www.twitch.tv...ory/game/Dota 2
so you can see all the cool stuff heroes can do

DHHIpKN.png

#23 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 12:38 PM

Dude... Do you click on your skills and actives?

Gonna need you to change that asap bruh. Also, watch some pro dota on http://www.twitch.tv...ory/game/Dota 2
so you can see all the cool stuff heroes can do

I do click on them but at the same time I also use the keyboard. I'm quite slow with the keyboard though because I'm more used to clicking. 

Screw You ↑ You ↖ You ↗ You ↙ You → You ↓ You ↩ You ↪ You ↬ You ↫ You ↪ You ↩ You ↲ You ↯ You ↱ You ↰ You ↷ You ↳ You ↶ You ↴ You ↵ & You ↺

#24 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 21 January 2015 - 04:28 PM

Bumping. If people want to play games together... Dota 2 is the perfect place to do it. 

I mean, shit.

Literally everybody here loves RPGs. The Ferno is what brought us together way, way, way back. While Dota 2 isn't a Ferno-esque game, it is a MOBA with solid RPG mechanics. As people who know each well, maybe a little too well at times, a team vs team game would be the perfect place to link up.

It' lo-fi, imo, and while it has a strong learning curve, it's fairly enjoyable. And even if you're left scratching your head, we have Wynn (and me but then I'm a noob level 7), who have played before. 

I don't see why this hasn't been an obvious choice. Do I have to manually ask you guys if you want to play? >.> I mean, I have to get my schedule straight so that I can play the game without interruption(I only have two days officially off work, and when I'm at my house I can't play much of nothing due to some BS ass internet) but I mean, I can make it possible. Go over my Grandma house on my Wednesdays and play until about 4-5. Leave early on Mondays when I have my night classes... Shit like that.

#25 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:27 PM

Bruh, I've been trying to get people here to play Dota for a long time but it's actually pretty hard to get into. Heck, I'm 3.9k MMR which is like top 25% of the world but that doesn't really say much because there's a ton of things I could be doing better.

Also, dat amount of time spent :

Spoiler

Edited by Wynn, 21 January 2015 - 06:27 PM.

DHHIpKN.png

#26 MobiusStrip

MobiusStrip

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:12 PM

We should all play the dotes sometime.
Mr.Business would like to have a word...

#27 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:53 PM

http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/part2/2

Check out that cool new comic to convince you guys to play :v

DHHIpKN.png

#28 Waker

Waker

Knight

• Knight
  • 783 posts
  • a boy with lots of lists and books

Posted 10 February 2015 - 10:56 PM

gdi, wynn. this is just the kind of thing i like. ugh, you're gonna make me want to play dota 2 for real

11vpmw8.jpg

"Censorship is telling a man he can't have a steak just because a baby can't chew it."
— Mark Twain

“I divide my officers into four classes; the clever, the lazy, the industrious, and the stupid. Each officer possesses at least two of these qualities. Those who are clever and industrious are fitted for the highest staff appointments. Use can be made of those who are stupid and lazy. The man who is clever and lazy however is for the very highest command; he has the temperament and nerves to deal with all situations. But whoever is stupid and industrious is a menace and must be removed immediately!”
— General Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

#29 Dion

Dion

Knight

• Knight
  • 2,565 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 09:47 AM

look at all the words in this comic that i can understand because it's in russian.

hint: there are none.

...V HAS COME TO...

dQqhfU.gif

ngoahxS.jpg

#30 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 11:08 AM

So is that Frost Dragon a newcomer?

Cause I'm not allowing no Frost Dragon to be newcomer. Dragon Knight is all the Dragon you need. 

I will SLAY THAT MOTHERFUCKER, IF HE SO MUCH AS COUGH UP AN ICICLE. 

#31 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:14 PM

look at all the words in this comic that i can understand because it's in russian.

hint: there are none.

idk about you but it's in english for me. also, there's a language option at the top right bruh

So is that Frost Dragon a newcomer?

Cause I'm not allowing no Frost Dragon to be newcomer. Dragon Knight is all the Dragon you need. 

I will SLAY THAT MOTHERFUCKER, IF HE SO MUCH AS COUGH UP AN ICICLE.

Wyvern, not Dragon. Also, new stuff will be added as well :v

http://www.dota2.com/newbloom/part3/

DHHIpKN.png

#32 MobiusStrip

MobiusStrip

Page

• Page
  • 26 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:31 PM

Look at those Axe items. I want all of it.

Also, what kind of hero is Wyvern? He has some good damage, and that heal looks coolio.

Mr.Business would like to have a word...

#33 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 11 February 2015 - 03:35 PM

Support, on the level of skill required to play Phoenix and Oracle

DHHIpKN.png

#34 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 04 March 2015 - 07:46 AM

Since I love procrastinating and Roy had Dota related questions regarding roles, here's a guide to support by SirActionSlacks which should apply to the majority of people reading this.

DHHIpKN.png

#35 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 17 June 2015 - 08:35 PM

Friends, after what seems to be a decade of development, Source 2 is finally out and I am proud to say that Dota 2 is the first game to officially have it implemented on. Now, Dota 2 has been reborn with a ton of new features, including better networking, graphical transitions and CUSTOM GAMES.

http://www.dota2.com/reborn/part1

Read more about it here and if you haven't yet, join us in playing Dota.

DHHIpKN.png

#36 Kingroy

Kingroy

Knight

• Knight
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 17 June 2015 - 09:14 PM

:V Perfect chance for all you newcomers to get into the game and players who've been away to get back into it. Really feel like we should be playing this since we know each other well and it's a team based game. Can't force it on you guys but this is one of the things I'd imagine we'd all be really good at.

#37 Sodomize-it Soro

Sodomize-it Soro

Squire

• Squire
  • 714 posts
  • Keeper of Butts

User's Awards

Posted 18 June 2015 - 01:32 AM

My friend plays it, and has been trying to convince me to play it for a while. I miiight take it up soon, and if I do I'll you guys know here.

#38 Wynn

Wynn

Squire

• Squire
  • 695 posts

User's Awards

Posted 28 June 2015 - 02:44 PM

Later on this week, I will be doing some coaching/general dota games with a friend who is trying out dota for the first time as well. My regular stack will help out as well in this endeavor so if you have time, do join us. Maybe we'll even play some fun custom games like Omni Party (WC3's Uther Party) or some Pudge Wars.

DHHIpKN.png